• sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    That's too bad. :):

I'm lovin' the keto diet.

So far today, I had bacon, sausage, and eggs.

Then, I just grilled out enough food to feed a small army. It will be my food for the week.

3 ribeye steaks, 2 filets, 8 hamburgers, 10 oriental chicken skewers, 4 brats, 4 large portabella mushroom caps.

mmmmmmmm, tasty. :rockwoot:

I both admire and hate you so much right now.:ingo:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    OK, so I added the myfitnesspal weight loss ticker to my signature. I have actually lost 3 pounds but when I started this I wanted to think I weighed 250 so that is where I am now and will track it from there.

I would like to get down to 200 but I am also weight training 3 days a week so I may adjust my goal depending on how that works out.

HatTrix

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    Kokomo
    This thread has inspired me to do Ripetoes "starting strength" with a paleo diet.
    I lost nearly 100# (275 - 175) over the course of a year and more importantly dropped 15% body fat (as measured by a tanita scale and a myotape/accu-measure caliper. )
    In my opinion a diet is nothing without a strength training program.
    link to starting strength wiki
    Starting Strength Wiki

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Gave blood two 1/2 weeks ago and my cholesterol was over 250. Went on a self imposed low fat diet.
    Lean meat, no cheese, skim milk, more whole grain products, low to no suger products, no cookies or ice cream.
    Taking more vitiams and 4 Colox a day.

Lost 6 pounds in 7 days, down from 202 to196.

Doing lots of outside manual labor now, not sitting in a truck seat watching the world go by has helped too!

Sweat equity is a good thing.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Gave blood two 1/2 weeks ago and my cholesterol was over 250. Went on a self imposed low fat diet.
    Lean meat, no cheese, skim milk, more whole grain products, low to no suger products, no cookies or ice cream.
    Taking more vitiams and 4 Colox a day.

Lost 6 pounds in 7 days, down from 202 to196.

Doing lots of outside manual labor now, not sitting in a truck seat watching the world go by has helped too!

Sweat equity is a good thing.

Awesome job buddy.

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    That's too bad. :):

I'm lovin' the keto diet.

So far today, I had bacon, sausage, and eggs.

Then, I just grilled out enough food to feed a small army. It will be my food for the week.

3 ribeye steaks, 2 filets, 8 hamburgers, 10 oriental chicken skewers, 4 brats, 4 large portabella mushroom caps.

mmmmmmmm, tasty. :rockwoot:

Did the fatigue go away around day 5?

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    The wife and I have started the keto diet too. Each of us could stand to lose about 10 lbs. This will be our first week sticking to it very strictly. We cooked a couple of keto meals last week to get a feel for it, and it does seem like something we'll be able to stick to.

So far today I've had a grilled chicken breast and a cup of yogurt for 3g of carbs.

Dinner tonight will be stuffed bell peppers (pork sausage, onion, mushrooms, etc). Salad for filler.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I often wonder when my weight loss plateau's if I am doing it right, then I look back at the weight I have already lost and know thats i'm doing it right

PAMom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Can I interrupt the boy's fitness club? Just wanted to say what a great job you guys are doing!:yesway: It will pay future dividends. Getting healthier and in shape is always a good thing.

Couple of things I have learned to aid in the fight. These are vital:
    1. drink lots of water (and don't drink your calories)
    2. get enough sleep
    3. manage stress (range time helps keep that stress under control:D)

Every time I slip backwards it is because I have neglected one of these items.

Keep up the good work!:rockwoot:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Can I interrupt the boy's fitness club? Just wanted to say what a great job you guys are doing!:yesway: It will pay future dividends. Getting healthier and in shape is always a good thing.

Couple of things I have learned to aid in the fight. These are vital:
    1. drink lots of water (and don't drink your calories)
    2. get enough sleep
    3. manage stress (range time helps keep that stress under control:D)

Every time I slip backwards it is because I have neglected one of these items.

Keep up the good work!:rockwoot:

good advise here. especially drinking lots of water as it helps you feel full anywho

Last edited:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I just switched up my diet from drinking about 24oz of water a day to over 48 about 5 days ago. More likely to over 56oz of water a day. And I have dropped 4 pounds this week. The downside is, I gotta go to the bathroom about 4 or 5 times a day now.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    After looking for litterally weeks to find a decent shoulder holster for a GP 100 with a 6 inch barrel, I have found several, and none of the decent ones are made for guys my size. So I really gotta loose more weight if I want to shoulder carry my GP100. Gotta love inspiration.

Bianchi X15, i'll see you soon, in about 20 or 25 pounds.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i'm still loosing weight and feeling much better. figured i would throw this out there to some of you guys who like old school proven stuff. find some natural raw apple cider vinegar and mix in 2 tbsp in with a glass of lemonade and drink on a empty stomach everyday. it curves your appetite a lot on top of having tons of other great properties like natural allergies combatant, breaks down fat, will eliminate acid reflux and most heartburn and lots and lots of other cool ****. hippocrates the father of medicine use to prescribe it to people as one of his main medicines back in the day :)

my wife and i have been doing it for the past couple weeks and on top of eating right and what not i have noticed a huge difference in my stomach getting much smaller and eating a lot less. just thought i would pass it along if anyone was interested. it tastes very nasty and you shouldn't drink it straight as it burns but with some lemonade its easy to take first thing in the morning and go on with your day.

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    I started Medifast 2 weeks ago, down 16 lbs today. I have a long way to go (70 lbs) but I can do this. 5 medifast meals and one lean and green the first few days were rough but now it is easy - Sandclownwp you were my inspiration to get started.

Started back in the gym yesterday and it feels good.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I started Medifast 2 weeks ago, down 16 lbs today. I have a long way to go (70 lbs) but I can do this. 5 medifast meals and one lean and green the first few days were rough but now it is easy - Sandclownwp you were my inspiration to get started.

Started back in the gym yesterday and it feels good.

no problem buddy. I just passed pound 73 for the year today. wait till you get near your goal, use it as an excuse to by that gun you always wanted.

Top Bottom