• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    To make it a little bit easier could you break it down into a meal plan?

What to eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner...day 1, day 2 , day 3...etc

Just and example....

Breakfast 3 scrambled eggs two sausage patties.

Lunch two cans of tuna, maybe a cheese stick...I mix mustard with the tuna

Dinner 1/2lb hamburger with cheese, salad with ranch dressing, sugar free jello cup with cream

(snacks, peanut butter, dill pickles, walnuts

Day 2

Western style omlet. Green peppers, onions, bacon

Lunch: Sunflower seeds, I take ham and wrap it around a dill pickle swap colby cheese around that and dip it in cream cheese. I'll eat a couple of those.

Dinner: Steak, at least 12oz worth. Steamed broccoli with cheese. Low carb ice cream bar for dessert. (I always use A-1 on steak) like 4g of carbs per serving but not a big deal

Some stables are steak, eggs, bacon, cheese, tuna, peanut butter yada yada.

My friend got really fancy with this. He was making low carb cheese cake, low carb spaghetti and so on. Pretty good stuff.

before I forget you can get sharitaki noodles at any health food store. They are 0 carb. Organic spaghetti sauce is around 5g per serving. Its not as good as spaghetti but on week to its a awesome treat.

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Thanks for the info Keyser.

But, let's be honest...I'd like to see you throw up 410.

Need a spot?

I stopped lifting heavy weights....about two years ago..Think about it 410 sounds like a lot...At the time I was 320......Now i'm 235 and even though I dont lift I can still put up 330. Defiantly better imo

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Keyser, you appear to have knowledge of weight loss and nutrition, maybe you can help me. A couple of years ago I lost a little over 40 lbs and would say I was in the best shape of my life. People who had known me for a long time though started saying that I looked "sick" and "too thin." I heard it a lot even though physically I could do things I could never do before and felt great. After hearing it enough though I decided that maybe I should stop losing weight and maybe gain back a few pounds to get to a more "normal" weight. The problem was that I had figured out how to lose it but not how to really maintain or safely add it. To make this long story short, I gained back the weight I lost plus 10 lbs. So the diet you proposed, how long do you stay on it and what do you do when you get to a weight you're comfortable with? It seems like if you just stopped then you'd end up in the same boat I found myself in; gaining it back. Does the body naturally "even out" at a proper weight or will you continue to lose weight? My experience seemed to be that I had to make a permanent lifestyle change more than go on a specific "diet" until I lost the weight I wanted to lose. What advice would you have for me based on the diet you're proposed?

I wish I had an easy answer for that problem. If your just 10lbs over weight unless your already under 200lbs I would say running this diet you should lose that weight in about three weeks. As far as maintaining just calculate your maintenance calorie level and stay at that level. Thats actually really hard to do. Right now I just work out and eat whatever. Personally when I get around the 240lbs mark I run this diet for a month. That knocks me back down.

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    ...and I guess my concern is calories. How many are you eating each day ON the diet?...I saw the off day comment.

I am the guy who tries to burn more than he takes in; Eating about 1,200 - 1,500 a day, 30-40 minutes on eliptical and then lifts weights for 30-45 minutes (4 times a week M-Th) Chest/ BIs ; Shoulders; Back/ TRIs; Legs

Wow. Your going to need to do a ton of weight with low reps to maintain mass. That diet you described is pretty much what a body builder does two weeks out from a competition.

Personally when I am on this diet I eat pretty darn close to 3,000 calories which is my maintenance level. I create my calorie deficit from working out. I'll usually burn 500-700 calories a work out.

If you do not work out your going to have the same results as long as you create a 500-700 calorie deficit from food.

There is something about this diet tho. I told my mother in law to keep a log of her intake and I would look over it. For a solid week she was 200 sometimes 500 over her maintenance level. She lost 4lbs that week.

I think there may be something else to it. Ive seen this happen before and it has happened to me but more like 2 pounds. A calorie is just a unit of measurement. Noting more. I think the calorie counting system might not be a perfect system, or it might not even work but I have nothing to back it up.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It is not rocket science. If you have fewer calories going in than going out, you will lose weight.

I am working on losing 2 lbs a week, which is considered the fastest you should drop weight without having problems. That means my maintenance calories per day is around 2500 and for each 500 you drop a day, you will drop approx a pound a week, so I am eating 1500 calories a day if I were sedentary. I can add calories if I exercise and still lose 2 lbs a week. I lost 50 pounds about 8 years ago doing this but this year injured my knee and my back and picked up 30 pounds, then quit smoking and picked up another 20 and mostly from not caring what I eat.

You can eat anything you want, just as long as it does not go over the calorie count. You can eat the extra calories you burn working out. The more muscle you put on the higher your resting metabolic rate will be and you will burn more calories just sitting on the couch. I do avoid high glycemic foods so I don't have a sugar dip and get hungry at the wrong time, which means avoiding anything white (white bread, potatoes), sugars, and some other high glycemic foods like watermelon or bananas. Other foods that are not high glycemic that would fool you are sweet potatoes.

I go to the gym 3 times a week and then bike in between.

Like I said, it ain't rocket science.

I use myfitnesspal.com which has an app for my blackberry to catalog foods and calories while I am out. The program I used before was BalanceLog which became this website.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    Wow. Your going to need to do a ton of weight with low reps to maintain mass. ...Personally when I am on this diet I eat pretty darn close to 3,000 calories which is my maintenance level.

My focus now, is losing the gut, which is why I have been counting the calories.

I was more focused on maintenance with muscle mass. However you are right, I was very concerned with losing muscle from the calorie deficiency.

When I was in hard core bulk up mode (in college few years back) I ate like it was my job... Tuna, chicken breast, steaks, etc, etc...

If it wasn't for my bad back I might be able to keep up with the heavy weights. I'm doing lighter weight higher reps now just to try and keep in shape.

I'm going to give your diet a try. I will let INGO know how it goes. :ingo:

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    BTW - I am not concerned with weight loss, just fat loss. Which is why Keysers ketosis diet is appealing to me.

In college I held a lean - 255lb - 265lb...

Over the last few years, lost muscle, gained fat, but remained around the same weight...

Started a diet / workout routine a little over a month ago (I think) at 266, weighed myself again today 242. So, I've only dropped a couple more pounds in the last couple weeks.

I'd like to be a ripped 250.

Again, I will let you know how it goes. Give me a few weeks... ;)

Oh yeah, I will send a rep your way when I can Keyser to make up for my "other" one...:laugh:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I use myfitnesspal.com which has an app for my blackberry to catalog foods and calories while I am out. The program I used before was BalanceLog which became this website.

This is why I think personal trainers are useless and a waste of money.

Anything a person could ever want to know about lifting (and technique), conditioning, eating, etc. can be found on websites, the internet is so amazing and so much cheaper than a trainer.

As for that "motivation" factor a trainer can supply. If a person can't motivate themselves to become better, then a trainer sure can't.

Anyway, when it comes to weight loss, no one is the same. Some methods work better than others for some people. It comes down to gaining as much knowlege and information you can, trying them out, modifying those ideas, etc. into a method that works for you the best. You just have to puch yourself and be self motivated.

I wish the best for anyone trying to lose weight.

I'd like to be a ripped 250.

Yeah, me too. But I'd settle for a lean (ripped would be better) 210.

I got a ways to go

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Yea personal trainers cant teach you to be motivated. I listen to a lot of system of a down, tool, some dubbstep when I work out. Finding something to compete in to is a great way to stay motivated.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i also started this about 3 months ago. started out at 265 ( i just kept making excuses to myself about my torn up discs in my back, damn you army ) but finally i looked in the mirror and just wasn't happy and i had noticed how much more by body ached all the time. i got a app on my phone that counts my calories and tells me what i should be eating if i want to lose weight ect. i had no idea how many calories were in everything. i mean i just didn't pay attention to 2 servings in the one bag ect. well i am now down over 35 pound and am loving it. i have been walking at least 30 mins a day and just watching everything i do

its definitely worth it

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    1) What works for one may not work for someone else. That DOESN'T MAKE IT BAD OR WRONG!!
    2) Personal trainers CAN help. How many can do every exercise 100% correct? Pain and boredom are the top 2 reasons people stop excercising. Been there done that.

Why do people keep sniping at each other on this site? It used to be a pretty good site but with all the personal attacks I've seen lately it's going downhill rapidly. I thought we were suppose to come here to share ideas. Just an observation. If this is the way we act during a civilized period I can only imagine what well happen to people during SHTF
    Just sayin':twocents:

Bob

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    BTW - I am not concerned with weight loss, just fat loss. Which is why Keysers ketosis diet is appealing to me.

Yeah, this is exactly how I feel. I don't want to get skinny, I just want to get my body into a more fit condition.

1) What works for one may not work for someone else. That DOESN'T MAKE IT BAD OR WRONG!!
    2) Personal trainers CAN help. How many can do every exercise 100% correct? Pain and boredom are the top 2 reasons people stop excercising. Been there done that.

Why do people keep sniping at each other on this site? It used to be a pretty good site but with all the personal attacks I've seen lately it's going downhill rapidly. I thought we were suppose to come here to share ideas. Just an observation. If this is the way we act during a civilized period I can only imagine what well happen to people during SHTF

Bob

This is a good observation! :yesway:

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010

Bob

Reeelax its all in good fun. If everyone agreed with what people said there would be like 50 members and 1000 post

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    It's funny, IndySSD and I caught up yesterday and we were talking about working out and weight loss, and I hadn't even seen this thread. (I got WETSU some rep for you BTW IndySSD ...)

To share my experience, I have been fortunate to start CrossFit in this last month. It is offered at the Academy and I have been going 3x a week, for an hour session. We just did measurements yesterday, and I have lost 5 pounds, and 5% body fat in three weeks. It's not a ton of weight loss, but I can account for it for not being 100% on the preferred diet (Paleo - only cheating like 5-10% though) and "feeling" more muscular. The program I have been doing is only a start-up, easing into the workouts, which can be super tough. I have been very happy with it and will keep it up.

The key to it all is to get up, do something, find what works for you, keep doing it, and push yourself to go further. Eating right speeds up the process. The fitness instructor at the Academy has gone full boat on the paleo diet, and I tried (am trying) it while in the on-ramp program. In three weeks, I can feel my body "feeling" better and burning more, because I am hungry more often and not eating junk food and making better choices if we go out. (Ask E5Ranger375, SpectreSix, bendrx and ljadayton - I was "enjoying" a grilled chicken salad at a pizza joint..."

And Sadclown - thank you for sharing your story and results, and a big +1 to you for doing it! And yes, the ladies do like it a LOT more!!!

MinuteMan47 - dude, you're mongo right now - I don't want to see you ripped! :BIGGRIN:

grunt soldier - keep up the good work man! You're job DOES NOT help and healthy and active lifestyle. You have a tough fight!

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    It's funny, IndySSD and I caught up yesterday and we were talking about working out and weight loss, and I hadn't even seen this thread. (I got WETSU some rep for you BTW IndySSD ...)

To share my experience, I have been fortunate to start CrossFit in this last month. It is offered at the Academy and I have been going 3x a week, for an hour session. We just did measurements yesterday, and I have lost 5 pounds, and 5% body fat in three weeks. It's not a ton of weight loss, but I can account for it for not being 100% on the preferred diet (Paleo - only cheating like 5-10% though) and "feeling" more muscular. The program I have been doing is only a start-up, easing into the workouts, which can be super tough. I have been very happy with it and will keep it up.

The key to it all is to get up, do something, find what works for you, keep doing it, and push yourself to go further. Eating right speeds up the process. The fitness instructor at the Academy has gone full boat on the paleo diet, and I tried (am trying) it while in the on-ramp program. In three weeks, I can feel my body "feeling" better and burning more, because I am hungry more often and not eating junk food and making better choices if we go out. (Ask E5Ranger375, SpectreSix, bendrx and ljadayton - I was "enjoying" a grilled chicken salad at a pizza joint..."

And Sadclown - thank you for sharing your story and results, and a big +1 to you for doing it! And yes, the ladies do like it a LOT more!!!

MinuteMan47 - dude, you're mongo right now - I don't want to see you ripped! :BIGGRIN:

grunt soldier - keep up the good work man! You're job DOES NOT help and healthy and active lifestyle. You have a tough fight!

I was just at ILEA last week. They are taking it really easy on you guys. I seen basics with their shirts 1/2 untucked, collars flipped up. Boots with 0 shine....One of the cross fit workouts you guys are on...I think its squat, pull up, push up for 200 mins...is a killer

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Yeah, ILEA is getting soft...Not like from back in my Lt. Baker days...

No, I'm doing CrossFit at the Marion County Public Safety Academy (IMPD/MCSD/IFD)

Top Bottom