• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I am needing to lose weight, not for survival; but for my kiddos. Very hard for me to do much of anything with them being overweight.

I've gradually creeped to my SHTF weight, actually 5lbs over it, and am wanting to get back into shape.

I have the p90x vids ripped to my PC HDD, but I don't think I can actually do them with the kiddos around; nor with my work schedule (3rd shift)

Have been cutting portions mostly, my big hit is going to be cutting out the Mt. Dew.
    I drink a big fountain at work every night (horrible empty cals I know)

My huge problem, is my job. I've gained 25lbs since starting this, and need to get it off. Have considered joining a gym to get away from the kiddos to actually get stuff done, but would feel uber selfish joining without my wife.

Anyone doing the ADA 1600/2000 cal diabetic plan? Seems like it would be better at controller hunger and glucose cravings :dunno:

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I am needing to lose weight, not for survival; but for my kiddos. Very hard for me to do much of anything with them being overweight.

I've gradually creeped to my SHTF weight, actually 5lbs over it, and am wanting to get back into shape.

I have the p90x vids ripped to my PC HDD, but I don't think I can actually do them with the kiddos around; nor with my work schedule (3rd shift)

Have been cutting portions mostly, my big hit is going to be cutting out the Mt. Dew.
    I drink a big fountain at work every night (horrible empty cals I know)

My huge problem, is my job. I've gained 25lbs since starting this, and need to get it off. Have considered joining a gym to get away from the kiddos to actually get stuff done, but would feel uber selfish joining without my wife.

Anyone doing the ADA 1600/2000 cal diabetic plan? Seems like it would be better at controller hunger and glucose cravings :dunno:

If you're unable to find time to do P90X at home, joining a gym may be a waste of dough anyway.

If P90X intimidates you, it did me for sure, let me tell you that you don't have to be. You just do the best you can and eventually, you will get stronger and have more endurance.

The big thing though, IMO, is the nutrition plan. I've never been one for any diet. They're unrealistic. Use the P90X nutrition plan as a guide to help you understand how food works for and against you and then make some life style changes. Not just for weight loss but for your overall health and that of your family. Your kids will eat what mommy and daddy eat, keep that one on mind.

You can absolutely do it! Cutting out that mt dew is a great start. Drink water instead. It flushes fat out of your body.

Oh, and by the way, I started P90X and after a month, my wife started doing it. Now the kids do some of it too and they're 9 and 4. They really like yoga and stretch x!

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    I've never been one for any diet. They're unrealistic.

That's most likely because you're falling into the same trap as most people, not realizing that the word "diet" doesn't refer to a short term solution. It requires a complete shift in lifestyle. Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.

If your plan is unsustainable and/or doesn't include a plan to maintain once you've hit goal, it's a poorly designed plan and, thus, it will fail. Proper nutrition is more important than exercise for achieving and maintaining significant fat loss. Thinking otherwise is setting one up for disappointment.

Frankly, there's so much ****-poor information and mythology floating around masquerading as fact that people who have good information based in verifiable science (Lyle McDonald, Martin Berkhan, Brad Pilon, Alan Aragon, and John Berardi, among many others) tend to get lost. It's really sad.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    That's most likely because you're falling into the same trap as most people, not realizing that the word "diet" doesn't refer to a short term solution. It requires a complete shift in lifestyle. Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.

If your plan is unsustainable and/or doesn't include a plan to maintain once you've hit goal, it's a poorly designed plan and, thus, it will fail. Proper nutrition is more important than exercise for achieving and maintaining significant fat loss. Thinking otherwise is setting one up for disappointment.

Frankly, there's so much ****-poor information and mythology floating around masquerading as fact that people who have good information based in verifiable science (Lyle McDonald, Martin Berkhan, Brad Pilon, Alan Aragon, and John Berardi, among many others) tend to get lost. It's really sad.

I'm not tracking here. Your first statement implies that I'm falling I to the diet trap when clearly my post is saying diets are fads and that it's better to understand how food works for you. Basically everything you said, I said in my post as well as the phrase under my handle.

I've never been on a diet in my whole life. I got fat twice, both times after my daughters were born. I lost all the weight by getting back to eating good foods, smaller meals more often, and exercise.

So, no, I'm not at all falling into any trap as most people.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I gained eight pounds over the last eight months. UGGHH Well need to start counting the calories. Anybody done my fitness pal app on the iphone? I started today and Im not starving. I think the trick is spread your meals out

Top Bottom