• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    It will be more than a year from now until ammo availability returns to what it was before CT. The worst may be yet to come.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I learned that y'all don't know how to sufficiently prepare, LOL

Not sure the 'crisis' is even over, but I've 'needed' nothing. If it goes on another year or 3, I'll still need nothing.

If North Korea attacks, I'll probably WANT a nuke, but I don't NEED one to get at "L'il Kim's kid".

BudS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Jeffersonville, IN
    I would not have foreseen the run on .22lr. I've never kept a large inventory of plinking ammo, but I will rethink that in the future. Lucky for me, I don't shoot much in the winter, but this will have a bigger effect if it stretches in to the nice, shooting weather.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I have learned that one stupid kid can:

1) Boost sales of ridiculously priced firearms
    2) Create a national ammo crisis
    3) Spearhead inappropriate gun reform

I have also learned to stock up on ammo. I haven't shot a single round since January because I don't have that much. It sucks.

avcautoinc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    ^^^^^^^^^speaking of not shooting, i have been thinking of selling my ar for the fact that if i cant buy ammo to feed it, it's just a fancy club

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    My observation (recalling 2008/2009) is that once is a fluke, twice is a pattern. Adjust accordingly.

fro65

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    South of Ft. Wayne
    In November, I too had flashbacks to 2008. Fortunately I got stocked back up before the Newtown kneejerk reaction started. My problem now is my reluctance to go plinking not knowing when resupply will be possible. What to do?:dunno:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    My wife and I want to attend an Appleseed this Summer but I'm not signing up until I have at least two cartons of .22.

Trujillo107

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    NWI
    I've always kept a box or two of ammo on hand. However, the second Obama was re-elected I started buying acouple mega pack boxes every pay day. So luckily I kind of got ahead of the eight ball. If anything I learned I should start reloading so I'll never have to rely on retailers again.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Are you saying its over? Cuz i still cant find anything? I think the t-shirt should say, "I'm trying to survive the ammo shortage still going on while DHS keeps buying up hundreds of thousands of rounds"

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I've always kept a box or two of ammo on hand. However, the second Obama was re-elected I started buying acouple mega pack boxes every pay day. So luckily I kind of got ahead of the eight ball. If anything I learned I should start reloading so I'll never have to rely on retailers again.

I am set up to reload. However I have not loaded the first cartridge yet due to lack of projectiles!

So you still have to rely on some kind of supplier.

Top Bottom