• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunlover85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Goshen
    LOL well....I guess I learned not to wait to buy my first gun and ammo right in the middle of a crisis!:lmfao: Oh well, better late than never I guess. I'm going to stock up when the crisis ends. I'm not going to be caught with my pants down if I can help it.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    It's not over and won't be for a while. Supply will start catching up, but then you'll have all those folks that are starting to prepare NOW for the next time. This will prolong it.

I'm not saying don't stock up, but that is going to make the shortage longer.

As for me, I am stocked just fine :)

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Don't be so hasty to buy a tshirt. You have no idea how long it will last yet, and who's to say what you have stockpiled won't be gone before it comes back?

But put me down for a medium as soon as this ****s over! :D

gunslinger762

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    May be a while

Or did we?

What did you learn from this event?
    I learned to never take 22 ammo for granted. I bought plenty of 9mm, 45, 40, 5.56 and 7.62x39, but I missed the ball big time on the .22.

We've seen lots of threads about gouging, or whining, depending on your perspective. But, did you learn anything?

If, or when this crisis ends, are you going to be more prepared next time?

What say you INGO?

Well, the lesson is not over yet, and may not be for a while if demand continues, and I think it will. Everytime ammo appears at what is somewhat normal its completely gone. So this may take a while .

swampdonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Bloomington
    Or did we?

What did you learn from this event?
    I learned to never take 22 ammo for granted. I bought plenty of 9mm, 45, 40, 5.56 and 7.62x39, but I missed the ball big time on the .22.

We've seen lots of threads about gouging, or whining, depending on your perspective. But, did you learn anything?

If, or when this crisis ends, are you going to be more prepared next time?

What say you INGO?

yes sir! once this dies down, we should all be better prepared for next time

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    There is some one with 4 50 rnd boxes of 22LR on craigslist wanting 12 dollars a box. You have to be real desperate and stupid to jump on that band wagon

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    My philosophy used to be to have 50 to 100 target shooting rounds and a couple of magazines full of defensive ammo. If I went to shoot, on the way home or when ever I got around to it I would buy some more ammo. Now I don't shoot. Never again I say.

TD12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Afghanistan when I can.
    I have about 1000 rounds of .308 and a little shy of 500 in .223, That is all my rifle calibers and I would like to have more of both. I would like to have around 1500-2000 rounds of each on hand at all times.

My pistol stuff, well I can't even tell you how much I have. 9mm? HA! I may be lucky to have a few magazines of that stuff. .357SIG, a little luckier I have around 100 rounds there and .45 I don't know, I wish I did.

When this ammos shortage turns around I will be stock piling every caliber I have, While I didn't get caught too bad with my pants down on Rifle ammo... I would prefer to have more pistol stuff.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Over? All the stores I frequent are bone dry, or way overpriced. I have five boxes of 9mm, five boxes of .40 (50 rd ct) thats it for the next three months. Unless something changes in the next ninety days, we will hunker down and wait it out. I am not shooting/selling my reserve. For now anyway.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Over? All the stores I frequent are bone dry, or way overpriced. I have five boxes of 9mm, five boxes of .40 (50 rd ct) thats it for the next three months. Unless something changes in the next ninety days, we will hunker down and wait it out. I am not shooting/selling my reserve. For now anyway.

That's my main gripe. These events have completely killed my favorite hobby... I haven't fired a gun in months it feels like. I've got the shakes! Thankfully I never shoot much during the winter months, so I'm not "missing" it as bad as I would be if it were warmer.

Top Bottom