• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I learned that I need to learn how to reload and that in a self-inflicted ammo crisis, .22LR is the rarest of them all.

I am just starting to reload. I have some components to load, but they are not too easy to find either. I would like to buy some plated and/or FMJ 9mm and .45 auto, but they are in short supply at reasonable prices.

I have resorted to loading lead which I am told is fine.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Yep... I will be buying .22lr every chance I get from now on. Lucky for me I had about 1500 rounds before the panic, but I've shot almost all of it in the last 3 months not even worrying about ammo. Now that I'm in the market for it again... its seemingly impossible to find for a fair price.

The cheapest I've seen is $50... I was able to pick up some 9mm this morning for $14 tho.

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    The crisis will never be over. We have seen the last of the $1.97 box of 50 .22LR that you will ever see. People will always remember this ordeal and they will be buying everything they can find, "just in case". Even if ammo get back to being plentiful, the price will never be as it was.
    Just like gas, the manufacturers now know they have a gold mine, and we will be paying thru the nose from now on. This is my two cents, which wont even buy one bullet. :)

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The crisis will never be over. We have seen the last of the $1.97 box of 50 .22LR that you will ever see. People will always remember this ordeal and they will be buying everything they can find, "just in case". Even if ammo get back to being plentiful, the price will never be as it was.
    Just like gas, the manufacturers now know they have a gold mine, and we will be paying thru the nose from now on. This is my two cents, which wont even buy one bullet. :)

There Will Be A New "Normal". Sorry About The puncuatIon
    . My Phone Works Funny With ingo.

GoNavy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    before this i always kept 500 rounds for each firearm. now i realize if i want to go to the range at all during a shortage, i gotta up the amount

gds

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Lawrencburg
    ammo shortge

I learned my lesson when the last primmer shortage hit and I was caught short on reloading supplies . After a year or so the availably brought prices back to $135 a case and I LOADED up. Then I started hoarding brass , bullets and powder . Since I couldn't re load rim fire , I started buying .22s, 17 HMR and 22 mag. like they were food . Now for a couple of years I can continue to shoot like I always did and not sweat it . Let this shortage fire you up on your survival supplies . BE READY OR DO WITH OUT !:ar15:

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Walked into my LGS on Friday and picked up a brick of Winchester 37 grain small game .22 LR for $25
    Got on the phone Friday evening to a good friend who runs a county 4H Shooting Sports program and donated the brick to the kids.

Top Bottom