• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    from what popped up on AOL news, it said that the suspect had attended several of these "town hall" meetings and had been "snubbed" on a question he asked. What happened is a sad day in this country where someone lost their marbles and took it out on other people.

Lets just hope she pulls through all this and still is pro-2A like it claims she was in the past:patriot:
    she's not pro-2A,

well you can call her pro-2A if you like all your weapons being in the single shot style.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I think no anti gun legislation will be passed. I think well all be fine
    You weren't around in 1968!
    I was!!
    Many gun owners at that time thought the same thing.
    For their complacence they got GCA 68 rammed down their throats.
    NEVER underestimate the anti gun people. They wait in the shadows until people forget they are there.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    You weren't around in 1968!
    I was!!
    Many gun owners at that time thought the same thing.

You had democratic majorities in both Houses in 1968, and a much different political climate. Gun control is currently dead, and it has little to no chance of getting revived now with a Republican controlled House, and a great number of blue dog democrats that won't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

This is no different than what happened after Virginia Tech. 5 minutes after the last shot was fired the liberal left was screaming for gun control. It went nowhere then, just as it will go nowhere now. After Hussein's coronation everyone went flying to the gun shops and stripped the shelves bare anticipating more gun control. There was none.

Black rifles are avaliable everywhere now. Most are heavily discounted because there is a surplus of them on the market from over production, as well as from people dumping the ones they bought in political haste with credit cards after the election. Evidently making mortgage payments on their overpriced homes seems to be a more important choice than owning a financed AR-15 they paid too much for. Bill T.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    You had democratic majorities in both Houses in 1968, and a much different political climate. Gun control is currently dead, and it has little to no chance of getting revived now with a Republican controlled House, and a great number of blue dog democrats that won't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

This is no different than what happened after Virginia Tech. 5 minutes after the last shot was fired the liberal left was screaming for gun control. It went nowhere then, just as it will go nowhere now. After Hussein's coronation everyone went flying to the gun shops and stripped the shelves bare anticipating more gun control. There was none.

Black rifles are avaliable everywhere now. Most are heavily discounted because there is a surplus of them on the market from over production, as well as from people dumping the ones they bought in political haste with credit cards after the election. Evidently making mortgage payments on their overpriced homes seems to be a more important choice than owning a financed AR-15 they paid too much for. Bill T.
    I hope you're right!
    Since you're just a couple of years younger than me, remember back when GCA 68 was proposed.
    We were promised that it would be the last anti gun legislation since it "solved" all of the gun problems. Many gun owners believed that crap and didn't oppose the legislation. After all, it seemed "reasonable" to pass such measures in light of the tragic assassinations that had occurred in the U.S.
    I had only been a gun owner for three years when that happened but I smelled the :poop: and joined the fight to oppose GCA 68.
    Complacency allowed that law to pass.
    Complacency will allow more such laws to be passed as well.
    I could be wrong.
    But I doubt it.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    This is the same way we all acted when O got elected. As many republicans that just got elected that are in office right now I think well be fine

There is a huge difference in electing a moron and the shooting/assassination of elected officials. This administration doesn't care about the rules. If they want something done they will find a way to get it. They don't care if it's passed through proper channels of not. Don't forget the "Chicago Way" is how they operate. How many laws in that messed up state are unconstitutional. If they can't get it done right away they will wait until something else happens and the political tide is right then hit us with a "we told you it would happen again if we didn't do something".

It matters little if they pass something this year or in four years from now. The antis have learned from the Clinton AWB and anything they pass will be probably be permanent in the future. Once the laws are passed and our rights are removed we rarely get them back. :twocents:

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    Despite being in the first 20 people to join this site, this thread is a perfect example of why I rarely visit this site anymore. Lol.

There is so much stupid in here I've got a headache. OK, back to the only useful part of this site -- the classifieds.

Carry on.

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    I think nothing will happen as Billt said. Besides I see so many mistakes Gifford and her employees made it's dumbfounding. All the threats and vandalism she received and she didn't take any precautionary measures to defend herself is just crazy. A guy threatens to burn a Muslim bible and gets death threats...... What's he do? He arms himself. This is a sad situation and my prayers go out to all the families and their loved ones, but something could have been done to prevent this.....from all the articles that I've read her employees could have stopped him earlier. You see a shady person at a event like this and what would you do..... I'd keep close eye.... Remember what all of u preach about situational awareness.

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    Why wasn't anything passed when he was elected the same goes with every mass shooting that happened recently.......where's the anti gun legislation everyone keep chicken littleing about......... I keep hearing the sky is falling from lots of people on here but it has yet to move

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Why wasn't anything passed when he was elected the same goes with every mass shooting that happened recently.......where's the anti gun legislation everyone keep chicken littleing about......... I keep hearing the sky is falling from lots of people on here but it has yet to move
    You need to study history young man.
    It took a couple of years for GCA 68 to get passed.
    Like I said.
    The anti gun people are patient and willing to wait until they can skew Public Opinion to support their goals.
    Never underestimate your adversary!!

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Besides I see so many mistakes Gifford and her employees made it's dumbfounding. All the threats and vandalism she received and she didn't take any precautionary measures to defend herself is just crazy.

You bring up a good point. Being from Arizona this woman was in the local news a lot compared to the national airing she got. For someone who the media is calling "pro Second Amendment", she sure as hell made no effort to exercise her rights to protect herself, as did all of her entourage. Don't be mislead by this. People like her call themselves pro Second Amendment because it suits their cause. Much the same way Sotomayor and Kagen say the same thing. You know if they have the opportunity to vote on major gun legislation they'll slam the door as hard as they can. Giffords is, (was), no different.

No one deserves to get shot for basically doing the job they were hired to do. With that said the woman was nothing more than a flip flopping, political hack. I put her into much the same class as Arlen Spector. When she was a "Republican" they couldn't trust her for her vote, much like Spector. When she became a "democrat", they felt much the same about her. She was, (is), all over the map politically, and likes to make noise. As a representative, she was, (is), about as dangerous as they come because of her unpredictability. "Pro gun", pro amnesty, pro border security, pro obamacare. Her political posturing on these issues is akin to fish in a blender. I'm sorry she got shot, but I'm glad as hell she's out of there! If you're going to be a Republican BE ONE! If you prefer the liberal point of view, then stand your ground. You can't be "a little bit pregnant." Bill T.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Lol the sky is falling!
    :rolleyes: here we go again

YouTube - CNN- Obama To BAN Guns SPREAD THIS FOLKS, PLZ!

Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban - ABC News

from obamas flunky oh i mean appointee

Eric Holder says “Hey lets ban guns” and Pelosi says “Are you nuts?” The IUSB Vision Weblog

this shows a history of hating guns

Obama's Anti-gun Record

the only thing that stopped him from implementing a ban was ironically pelosi, she knew there would be a slaughter come election time, just like 1994. and was trying to curtail this. i think she had bigger fish to fry like obamacare

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    seriously bro? the writing is on the wall.

it may not be a direct ban, but when every bullet you buy is microstamped you'll be paying 75 bucks for 50 rounds of wwb at walyword.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    define hard evidence? there is a history of bills being passed after events like this. search for it. does that mean one will be passed now? no. but history shows that these bills passed the easiest after a tragedy such as this.

Carolyn McCarthy readies gun control bill - Shira Toeplitz - POLITICO.com

this is the last im giving you as i think your just trying to stir the pot, there is enough evidence out there to support our claims and google is your friend

Top Bottom