• ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Ahem............20+ years.

Personally, if it were me being stopped, I would have hit my engine kill the very second I stopped......Bike in gear or not.

:yesway:

Would have done the same thing, besides if you slow down, you down shift, so he was only 1 click away from neutral and would have been a natural habit to slide it to neutral.

Never rode a bike before have you?

83 Honda CB 900, Hi/low 5 speed crusier/racer (had a lot of engine work done to it) was one of Honda's first shaft driven bike's. Sold it after having it 3 years and had a guy come across HWY67 right outside of Mooresville and clipped my right rear tail light off.
    2 and 3 weeks before that I had guys that lived within 2 blocks of me almost die from being hit. Seen it as a omen and have not been back on one since.

Ya so I know how to ride, I know how they operate and I sure the heck know how fast they can accelerate. I also know what a unsafe start is, because I got enough unsafe start tickets when I was a teenager that I can legit-ably be qualified as an expert.

Now quit twisting my words by trying to say they he got shot for your so called description of rapid acceleration, it's still unsafe and that's what triggered the whole thing.

Those two pull away from that stop sign like your supposed to and this whole mess never happens, NEVER. Plain and simple, because that started the entire chain of events.

Now if you don't agree to that last paragraph, I honestly think your have blinders on.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    WHAT?!?!? This is one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever read! Do you know how many college students ride scooters, and adults with money problems? Not all scooter riders are scum bags, or DUI offenders. wow. Just please tell me you are joking.
    You do know I live in a college town too, right?

Only around campus do I see students riding scooters. The rest of the time it is old drunken men, or a couple of trailer park rejects riding double, decreasing the speed from 25 mph to 10 mph. Downhill.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    You do know I live in a college town too, right?

Only around campus do I see students riding scooters. The rest of the time it is old drunken men, or a couple of trailer park rejects riding double, decreasing the speed from 25 mph to 10 mph. Downhill.

Older than early twenties and riding a scooter; no driver's license is usually a pretty good bet.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    I too am interested in if there was a plea deal here. I still maintain he's not guilty, and he may have too if there was a plea bargain and he refused. Perhaps there will be an appeal?

As far as advocating shooting the officer, I understand emotions are high over this case but PLEASE let's remember this is a public board. I'd hate for comments to paint this site in a negative light.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I too am interested in if there was a plea deal here. I still maintain he's not guilty, and he may have too if there was a plea bargain and he refused. Perhaps there will be an appeal?

As far as advocating shooting the officer, I understand emotions are high over this case but PLEASE let's remember this is a public board. I'd hate for comments to paint this site in a negative light.

This is pure speculation but it is based on working similar cases. I'd be willing to bet that there was a plea offer but that it included a lot of jail time. The cop wouldn't accept and held out for some kind of house arrest or probation; which was never going to happen in a case like this. The defense was angling for a hung jury to put the pressure on the prosecutor to offer a better deal. Analogy: They dropped back to punt and got sacked. Now he gets what he gets at sentencing.

Rizzo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    NO justification for this! This cop should go to jail for a long long time. This is an abuse of power.

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Ahem............20+ years.

Personally, if it were me being stopped, I would have hit my engine kill the very second I stopped......Bike in gear or not.
    then the cop would of shot ya....this kid was shot before he even stopped...cop already was in..screw this kid mode...i read the news clipping...kid was still polite to the cop even after the dirtbag shot him..hopefully other leos will learn from this...

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    snip....

Now quit twisting my words by trying to say they he got shot for your so called description of rapid acceleration, it's still unsafe and that's what triggered the whole thing.

Those two pull away from that stop sign like your supposed to and this whole mess never happens, NEVER. Plain and simple, because that started the entire chain of events.

Now if you don't agree to that last paragraph, I honestly think your have blinders on.

You can play that game all day long.....hmmmmm....how about.....

If the guys would have just stayed in that night, this never would have happened................or

They should have drove their car that night........or

They should have never been cruising those dark roads at night.....

Or maybe the victim should have never been born at all......

The bottom line is that this unarmed man got shot in the back by an officer of the law. None of his actions even come close to justifying the cops reaction to use lethal force. Even if this biker made a couple of questionable decisions, he did not deserve to get shot in the back. ......plain and simple. It was an awful situation and makes me sick to my stomach everytime I watch it. I have no patience for gestapo-style policing in this country.

Last edited:

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It took one shot to stop the percieved threat here. That's what we advocate here, isn't it? Shoot until the threat ceases. I find your assumption that "LEO would have unloaded on him if he really thought he was in danger" asinine at best and downright dangerous at worst. Having this kind of mentality will cause some serious issues IMO. :twocents:

Officer-Involved Shootings -Contagious Fire, Synchronous Fire, Mass Reflexive Response

Tell me again how restrained officers tend to be once they discharge their firearm?

Of course it only took one shot, HE WAS NOT EVEN EXPECTING TO BE SHOT!

You mean that if an officer, fearing for his life and safety, truly perceives a threat that he would fire one round and then wait and see what happens?

Is that your plan for dealing with a perceived lethal threat? If so, that thinking is "asinine at best and downright dangerous at worst. Having this kind of mentality will cause some serious issues IMO.":dunno:
    If the threat is not perceived, the gun can not clear the leather.
    If the threat is not CLEAR, the bullet does not clear the muzzle.

Remember, 8 SECONDS. Reread my post and think about it.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Officer-Involved Shootings -Contagious Fire, Synchronous Fire, Mass Reflexive Response

Tell me again how restrained officers tend to be once they discharge their firearm?

Of course it only took one shot, HE WAS NOT EVEN EXPECTING TO BE SHOT!

You mean that if an officer, fearing for his life and safety, truly perceives a threat that he would fire one round and then wait and see what happens?

Is that your plan for dealing with a perceived lethal threat? If so, that thinking is "asinine at best and downright dangerous at worst. Having this kind of mentality will cause some serious issues IMO.":dunno:
    If the threat is not perceived, the gun can not clear the leather.
    If the threat is not CLEAR, the bullet does not clear the muzzle.

Remember, 8 SECONDS. Reread my post and think about it.

So you agree that it took ONE shot here to end the percieved threat. It's irrelevant if the biker expected to be shot or not. Your speculation is a wonder to behold :rolleyes: There ARE instances, whether you are aware or not, that an officer fired a single shot to end a situation. Again I reiterate: you fire until the threat ceases. End of story. Not, "if you truly felt endangered you would empty your magazine". If it takes a single shot, fantastic. If it takes five or six or seven or fifteen, then so be it. Adjust your mentality, and I'd highly suggest you invest in some training. :twocents:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    So you agree that it took ONE shot here to end the percieved threat. It's irrelevant if the biker expected to be shot or not. Your speculation is a wonder to behold :rolleyes: There ARE instances, whether you are aware or not, that an officer fired a single shot to end a situation. Again I reiterate: you fire until the threat ceases. End of story. Not, "if you truly felt endangered you would empty your magazine". If it takes a single shot, fantastic. If it takes five or six or seven or fifteen, then so be it. Adjust your mentality, and I'd highly suggest you invest in some training. :twocents:

I have no idea where you are coming from, but no one and I mean no one, thinks a person is going for a gun and fires one solitary round. Heck, the convulsion the guy makes is a more furtive movement than the slight turn of his body to see who/what is possibly yelling something.

That is the most pathetic post in this thread yet. I've got no dog in this thread, but thats just flat out silly.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    The officer jumped the gun, he was in the wrong. It was a split second move that he did to soon, it sucks someone got killed over it!

Just messed up, the whole thing...

Top Bottom