• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spacelegged

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    makes me think abit. im a motorcycle rider and a concealed carrier. that could easily be me. i guess the officer was expecting him to do a trick shot with a mirror. its definatly tough being a cop but i dont think he shouldve shot him. taser maybe but still premature either way.. shooting sumone in their back should be saved for the bedroom..

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Excuse me fargo, from previous threads I read my memory served that the biker was indeed killed. If he wasn't than no the officer should not be charged with murder. He should be charged with attempted manslaugther or attempted murder. I can't remeber are you a cop. With the aggression in your type, I'd believe you were. It dosen't matter, if you are. The point is if it was one of us we would be brought up on assualt with a deadly weapon charges at the very least. And he should get the same, if not more.

1. No, I'm not a police officer.

2. He wasn't killed. Read the link in the OP before assuming.

3. The cop has already been convicted of "felonious assault with a firearm" and has mandatory time in the Pokey coming if he isn't already there. The verdict was reported back on page 9 of this thread. toledoblade.com -- The Blade ~ Toledo Ohio

4. As everything you say should have happened, did happen, I don't really see what you have to complain about. In fact, I'm amazed that you and Smoking357 are still on this thread as it runs in the face of your "cops get away with everything" fantasy.

5. I'm guessing the only reason you two are still here is because you are too busy being outraged that he is going to get away with it to bother reading that he was already found guilty.

Joe

Last edited:

Son of Liberty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    1. No, I'm not a police officer.

2. He wasn't killed. Read the link in the OP before assuming.

3. The cop has already been convicted of "felonious assault with a firearm" and has mandatory time in the Pokey coming if he isn't already there. The verdict was reported back on page 9 of this thread. toledoblade.com -- The Blade ~ Toledo Ohio

4. As everything you say should have happened, did happen, I don't really see what you have to complain about. In fact, I'm amazed that you and Smoking357 are still on this thread as it runs in the face of your "cops get away with everything" fantasy.

5. I'm guessing the only reason you two are still here is because you are too busy being outraged that he is going to get away with it to bother reading that he was already found guilty.

Joe

My friend even if this man is found guilty and does time, this one case does not run in the face of cops getting away with everything, first of all it's not a fantasy, while not every single cop gets away with wrong doing the majority do. You seem to have a lot of anger, thats why i ask if you were a cop, due to the degree of hostility in your post. Still the cop was not charged or convicted of the attempted murder or manslaugther that you or I would have been charged with. I see that you will not being seeing that in this lifetime, which is fine by me. Go on believing that cops don't get away with most everything, I hope you never have a personal experience to prove me right. Oh btw this little bs time he will end up serving won't let the parlayzed man walk or work again will it.

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    My friend even if this man is found guilty and does time, this one case does not run in the face of cops getting away with everything, first of all it's not a fantasy, while not every single cop gets away with wrong doing the majority do. You seem to have a lot of anger, thats why i ask if you were a cop, due to the degree of hostility in your post. Still the cop was not charged or convicted of the attempted murder or manslaugther that you or I would have been charged with. I see that you will not being seeing that in this lifetime, which is fine by me. Go on believing that cops don't get away with most everything, I hope you never have a personal experience to prove me right. Oh btw this little bs time he will end up serving won't let the parlayzed man walk or work again will it.

Great post. The cop should have been convicted of attempted murder.

Like you, I notice that so many angry people are cops or pro-cop. That amount of rage in the presence of lethal force ought scare all temperate men.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Great post. The cop should have been convicted of attempted murder.

Like you, I notice that so many angry people are cops or pro-cop. That amount of rage in the presence of lethal force ought scare all temperate men.

I dunno why you think I'm angry or why you think I'm so "pro-cop". I merely took exception to posts which blatantly misstated the facts/law and showed the the poster hadn't even read the news article he was writing about.

You know, the posts you keep ranting about how great they are.

Go read Ohio's murder statute before you keep blathering on about what he should have been convicted of. I know this will be hard for you, but read the part about "purposely cause the death". Then think about what the cop would have done had he wanted to kill the guy. Would he have done it on video? Even more tellingly, would he have stopped shooting while the guy was alive? Remember, he has to intend to KILL him to prove the crime. Then consider whether attempted murder could be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

Ohio 2903. Homicide and Assault. - Ohio Code - Ohio Law - Ohio Statutes :: Justia

Then go read the felonious assault statute and see whether it isn't a much better fit. I know this will also be hard for you, but try to read the statutes without letting your personal feelings about the shooter being a cop influence you.

Joe

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Just watched the videos. 210% UNjustifiable. Also the cop blew some stop signs, more violations then the victim and his friend. The riders were not driving in a conservative manner, wouldn't call it dangerous either, but just being bikers (no slam intended on the bikers here). There were many times they were far ahead of the cop, why he chose that one to go lights on, I can only assume he was waiting for another officer to get near. Either way, the guy just turned. The lawyer they showed in the video mearly confirmed that the victim had the same or similar anatomy of every other human, if you hand is resting on your thigh and you turn then it will move. Something about it's attached to your shoulder.

Also, if you choose to be LEO, then you choose a risky job. You can't just go around shooting people because there was risk to your life. You made that choice, you need to live (hopefully) or die with it. Not saying no self perservation is allowed, quite the opposite. But you have to mentally judge what is going on, and accept your choices. If you cannot do that, then you are in the wrong line of work. Completely uncalled for. If the officer was shot without cause (heck, even with cause) the law would come down hard on the shooter. It should come down AT LEAST as hard on the officer here. This is not a case of good judgment gone bad, this is complete disrespect for a fellow human being. Their crimes amounted to what speeding maybe?

Top Bottom