• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Bart, PM sent.

Thanks for the hardwork! It's cool that the scores were posted so quickly! Being a total newb to USPSA, I was curious about the scores. I was told it could be a month before I'd see them... That was WAAAAAY faster than a month

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    To all who have advised me of my mistake as a :n00b: and getting challenged as a virgin scorekeeper has gained me a wealth of knowledge, help from my fellow shooters, and most imprtantly "FRIENDS"

That is what this sport is about!

Here is the latest updates with all who have contaced me regarding Amendments.

If no others email or PM me by Friday I am submitting scores for classification and payment so all can be classified going into the Wabash Valley Open!!!!!!!!!!! and the SS Nats!

Thank you all for your support, encouragement, fun that it brings me on the range to meet and shoot with you all! :rockwoot:

Display Match Results - Detail Page - USPSA - United States Practical Shooting Association

BROBERTS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Warsaw IN.
    That's why I don't do ANYTHING on the computer until after the match

I have a sign up sheet that has all the vital info and score sheets so hopefully one of the has it. My biggest problem is reading there writing!!:n00b:

IF YOU CAN"T READ IT WHEN YOU WRITE IT WE CAN'T EITHER !!! I will tell you something else that will help Bart is to add up all the score sheets. It takes time to add them up at home.

Don't mean to rant just thought I mention a few thing that I have run in too that helps make a scorekeepers life happier!!!:D.

Bart you are doing a great job!!!!:rockwoot: It will get easier every month and I don't get 50+ shooter normally. Until this year...:cool:

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    I have a sign up sheet that has all the vital info and score sheets so hopefully one of the has it. My biggest problem is reading there writing!!:n00b:

IF YOU CAN"T READ IT WHEN YOU WRITE IT WE CAN'T EITHER !!! I will tell you something else that will help Bart is to add up all the score sheets. It takes time to add them up at home.

Don't mean to rant just thought I mention a few thing that I have run in too that helps make a scorekeepers life happier!!!:D.

Bart you are doing a great job!!!!:rockwoot: It will get easier every month and I don't get 50+ shooter normally. Until this year...:cool:

Thanks B. For the backing, support, and advise to all shooters and scorekeepers! You need help at Section, I am there!

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood

:cool:

That is one thing I think we need to address. The scorekeeper is probably the most rushed person on the squad. We need to give that guy a minute to tally and recheck the scores between shooters. I don't like to wait anymore than necessary either ( seriously, we are at a match for 3-4 hours and spend less than 5 minutes shooting) but the scorekeeper needs more time between shooters to do his job correctly.

Thoughts?

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    That is one thing I think we need to address. The scorekeeper is probably the most rushed person on the squad. We need to give that guy a minute to tally and recheck the scores between shooters. I don't like to wait anymore than necessary either ( seriously, we are at a match for 3-4 hours and spend less than 5 minutes shooting) but the scorekeeper needs more time between shooters to do his job correctly.

Thoughts?

:yesway::yesway::yesway:

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield

Thoughts?

:yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

Thoughts?

agreed. I also know some shooters, especially new ones, feel rushed.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Update.for classifiers will most likely not update till next month

To all who have advised me of my mistake as a :n00b: and getting challenged as a virgin scorekeeper has gained me a wealth of knowledge, help from my fellow shooters, and most imprtantly "FRIENDS"

That is what this sport is about!

Here is the latest updates with all who have contaced me regarding Amendments.

If no others email or PM me by Friday I am submitting scores for classification and payment so all can be classified going into the Wabash Valley Open!!!!!!!!!!! and the SS Nats!

Thank you all for your support, encouragement, fun that it brings me on the range to meet and shoot with you all! :rockwoot:

Display Match Results - Detail Page - USPSA - United States Practical Shooting Association

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    Update.for classifiers will most likely not update till next month
    Did they change something?

You are correct Bill we do tend to rush through the important part. Everybody needs to remember to check there score sheet to make sure it is correct when they are done scoring it.... If it is not totaled or all is not filled out the guy entering the data cannot do his or her job... And we are not just going to fill in the blanks..

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Thoughts?

Without a doubt.
    Add to the challenge that some don't work with math on a regular basis and are stuck with middle aged eyes.:)

Maybe add a second clip board and rotating scorekeepers?

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008

Thoughts?

AMEN BROTHER!

I have heard Azone state this very well, TOTAL it, CIRCLE the total, CIRCLE penalties and read it back to the shooter. Use NUMBERS not dots dashes and slashes. Then there are less issues later.

We spend time preparing our ammo, equipment and actually shooting, but if its not recorded correctly, it might as well not have happened.

This should be emphasized at every shooters meeting.

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Without a doubt.
    Add to the challenge that some don't work with math on a regular basis and are stuck with middle aged eyes.:)

Maybe add a second clip board and rotating scorekeepers?

Another great idea. We did this at state. That allows time to total, circle, double check math and review with the shooter while the next shooter is shooting. It helps keep the clipboard person from constantly running in circles constantly. No reason we cant have 2 clipboards running at a monthly match.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Ok what if...After the shooter is scored, when he/she is at the table loading mags that they finish the score sheet with adding it up.

I know that I didn't even really look at my sheet, I put my initials on it and assumed that when the person scoring it called out the hits that the RO said they wrote those down.

If you then hand the score sheet to the shooter to add up, the scorekeeper could then have the next sheet ready. Add your scores, put it on the pile of done shooters and you are still in the same order.

Or you could for honesty sake have a battle buddy.

For example, JT and I are battle buddies, he does the math on my sheet, I do the math on his. If you end up with an odd person, assign them to someone that's good with the sheets or with math and without the middle age eyes...

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    You will all hear this addressed at south Central Sunday. It sounds like a broken record but, the shooter is responsible for the scoring on his score sheet. When you sign it that means you are agreeing to what is on the sheet. Maybe we should have a score keepers class before each match to make sure everyone is on the same page. All the scores totaled up and the total hits accounted for and the time entered, you as a shooter are responsible for this. Help the score keepers out, get involved, be accountable.

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    You will all hear this addressed at south Central Sunday. It sounds like a broken record but, the shooter is responsible for the scoring on his score sheet. When you sign it that means you are agreeing to what is on the sheet. Maybe we should have a score keepers class before each match to make sure everyone is on the same page. All the scores totaled up and the total hits accounted for and the time entered, you as a shooter are responsible for this. Help the score keepers out, get involved, be accountable.

We all know level 1 matches are more relaxed! But when you go to state or area 5, it is the (shooters) responsibility, to make sure the scorekeep is accurate, initialed, signed, accurate.
    L1 should be no different. RO's should ask is the scorekeep ready befor MAKE READY! I've kept scores many many times and b4 I am done addressing the previous shooter, commands are being given, and COF is engaged, then.....

Top Bottom