• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    If the RO and score keeper work together and do it the way its supposed to be done, there's no reason the score keeper should get behind. Unless hes goofing off and playing grab ass instead of paying attention. Follow the RO, record and repeat the time, record and repeat the hits, and penalities if any. Add it up, check the total is right and move to the next sheet, it aint rocket science. I scored a bunch this weekend. I never felt rushed or behind. To me, having multiple clipboards ect is asking to mix up and/or lose ****. But what the hell do I know, i'm just a dumb dog trainer.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Its what ever makes it work. I feel that we just need to do it right the way it is myself!! But I am willing to try anything if it makes it better and gets the score sheets filled out. But over all it is still the shooter responsibility to make sure it is done correct. Sunday at SC there where a couple stages that I didnt care if they were or not. But it is still my job to make sure if I want a score.. Ya know if Derrick and I can run the clip board anybody can!!!!!!!!!:twocents: Its not brain surgery!!!!

Well, after the ULSC, we can hand the shooter the clipboard and let him score his own targets and then total them.:yesway:
    That way the shooter will know his scoring is done correctly.

Seriously, to satisfy this responsibility, the shooter should be right between the RO doing the scoring and the scorekeeper. He needs to look at his target, listen to the RO call the score and watch the scorekeeper enter that score for that target. And then, after the scorekeeper has totaled the scores, the shooter must grab the scoresheet, retotal the scores to see if he agrees with the scorekeeper.

And then, we can start the next shooter.

We keep saying its the shooters responsibility. This is the only way one can be certain the score sheet matches the targets.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If the RO and score keeper work together and do it the way its supposed to be done, there's no reason the score keeper should get behind. Unless hes goofing off and playing grab ass instead of paying attention. Follow the RO, record and repeat the time, record and repeat the hits, and penalities if any. Add it up, check the total is right and move to the next sheet, it aint rocket science. I scored a bunch this weekend. I never felt rushed or behind. To me, having multiple clipboards ect is asking to mix up and/or lose ****. But what the hell do I know, i'm just a dumb dog trainer.

I've only been doing this about 16 years or so ... clearly I'm an inexperienced amateur ... but there have been many times when I've completely ignored everything in the squad but the shooter and the RO with the timer and still gotten behind. Having scoresheets that are well planned helps, but sometimes it's impossible to avoid flipping pages and trying to score more than one stage at a time for the same shooter (two stages in one bay, for instance). If the stage and scoresheet don't match, it's another problem that can cause delays. Maybe I just add too slowly.

There are plenty of legitimate reasons why a scorekeeper can get behind.

The dual scorekeeper might work. Asking the RO with the timer to slow down starting the next shooter might help too.

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    I've only been doing this about 16 years or so ... clearly I'm an inexperienced amateur ... but there have been many times when I've completely ignored everything in the squad but the shooter and the RO with the timer and still gotten behind. Having scoresheets that are well planned helps, but sometimes it's impossible to avoid flipping pages and trying to score more than one stage at a time for the same shooter (two stages in one bay, for instance). If the stage and scoresheet don't match, it's another problem that can cause delays. Maybe I just add too slowly.

There are plenty of legitimate reasons why a scorekeeper can get behind.

The dual scorekeeper might work. Asking the RO with the timer to slow down starting the next shooter might help too.

YES !!! I think it more than helps, its a key to success.....

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I know this much, when I gets hot as hell outside and we're shooting a lot of 32 round stages with mixed paper and steel, it is very easy to fall behind in scoring. The brain doesn't want to do simple math for some reason.

Alternating RO's/scorekeepers keeps things moving along and gives people a chance to rest up.

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    Just got the response back from USPSA about the Classifiers!

Classifier File IN19_02272011_17176.txt has been processed by headquaters.

Date Processed : 3/10/2011
    Match Name: February Special Classifier
    Club: Central Indiana Practcal Shooters (IN19)
    Match Level: Level I Special
    Total fee paid:

The classifier scores from this match will be included in the next monthly website update.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Just got the response back from USPSA about the Classifiers!

Classifier File IN19_02272011_17176.txt has been processed by headquaters.

Date Processed : 3/10/2011
    Match Name: February Special Classifier
    Club: Central Indiana Practcal Shooters (IN19)
    Match Level: Level I Special
    Total fee paid:

The classifier scores from this match will be included in the next monthly website update.

Sweet Bart, thanks for the update! I will hopefully get a classification so I can shoot in a division in the WVO!!!!

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    Sweet Bart, thanks for the update! I will hopefully get a classification so I can shoot in a division in the WVO!!!!

If they do get these up in the March update it should be up no later than the 17th. (HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY)
    If not be patient I have seen them update as late as the 20th.

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    I just got my USPSA info in the mail. Do I contact them or you to get my scores entered as mine?

I just got my renewal card in the mail too but I don't think the database has been updated yet because it still shows my membership as being expired in 1998.

I figured I would wait until I show active in the database first and then see if these past scores get added.

At one match I was listed as pending and the other match I was listed with my old number (which didn't change) so it will be interesting if they catch both of them.

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    I just got my renewal card in the mail too but I don't think the database has been updated yet because it still shows my membership as being expired in 1998.

I figured I would wait until I show active in the database first and then see if these past scores get added.

At one match I was listed as pending and the other match I was listed with my old number (which didn't change) so it will be interesting if they catch both of them.

Contact USPSA or I can send an Amendment. PM me with your USPSA #

Bart

Top Bottom