• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    ....... RO's should ask is the scorekeep ready befor MAKE READY! I've kept scores many many times and b4 I am done addressing the previous shooter, commands are being given, and COF is engaged, then.....

It should be another word besides "ready". A shooter could easily mistake that for "make ready" and load his gun before instructed. That would be a crappy way to get DQ'd. Maybe, "scorekeeper are you good?" (we all know the answer to this when I keep score, right BillD) or "scores good?" then "make ready" command. This was addressed briefly during the RO EL Prez by Troy.

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    It should be another word besides "ready". A shooter could easily mistake that for "make ready" and load his gun before instructed. That would be a crappy way to get DQ'd. Maybe, "scorekeeper are you good?" (we all know the answer to this when I keep score, right BillD) or "scores good?" then "make ready" command. This was addressed briefly during the RO EL Prez by Troy.

Yes, Mike I agree. Bad choice of words. As Troy stated "Scorekeep are you ready" But you dont't allow your shooter in the primary shooters box/area until.............Thought?

Feedback welcome!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yes, Mike I agree. Bad choice of words. As Troy stated "Scorekeep are you ready" But you dont't allow your shooter in the primary shooters box/area until.............Thought?

Feedback welcome!

No, my friend, the shooter WILL already be there, air gunning or whatever. You can't run them out. We, as instructed, need to figure more appropriate wording that does not conflict with range commands.

We also need to drag this topic over to the RO thread.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    No, my friend, the shooter WILL already be there, air gunning or whatever. You can't run them out. We, as instructed, need to figure more appropriate wording that does not conflict with range commands.

We also need to drag this topic over to the RO thread.

"Scoring complete?"

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    I feel that this is a problem that needs to be fixed between the RO and the scorekeeper. Wether it is as simple as a hand on the shoulder or a voice command Just take a second get a plan and stick to it before you start the day. But Max is correct it is the shooter responsibility to make sure his /hers score sheet is filled out and completed

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I feel that this is a problem that needs to be fixed between the RO and the scorekeeper. Wether it is as simple as a hand on the shoulder or a voice command Just take a second get a plan and stick to it before you start the day. But Max is correct it is the shooter responsibility to make sure his /hers score sheet is filled out and completed

That is correct but we don't allow time between shooters for the shooter to check out his scorecard. A lot of the time the scorekeeper is sitting back behind the line trying to get the last score totaled while the next shooter is busily trying to complete the COF.

He is not watching the shooter, he's trying to finish the scorecard in front of him.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    NO Im not.. If the scores are in and everything paid by the 10 new classifiers should be updated. that s the way it was.. the way jake stated it it would be another month.. Unless I misunderstood and that is very possible.

Think they've been running a month behind since the website changes

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    Well heres where your going to get different opinions just like on everything...I set Sundays aside for shooting and shooting related projects.. The whole day. So im there no matter how long it takes.. But there are others that think that we should be done in 2hrs no matter what... Well with the numbers increasing all the time we are going to have to slow down and get this stuff done right. You got certain ROs that wants to read the stage breif ask if there are any Question then start shooting right away. Well to me thats BS.... SLOW DOWN AND ENJOY IT. Give everybody a chance to catch up and catch their breath. In my opinion if your in that big of a hurry maybe you shouldnt be in a volunteer sport.....

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    Well heres where your going to get different opinions just like on everything...I set Sundays aside for shooting and shooting related projects.. The whole day. So im there no matter how long it takes.. But there are others that think that we should be done in 2hrs no matter what... Well with the numbers increasing all the time we are going to have to slow down and get this stuff done right. You got certain ROs that wants to read the stage breif ask if there are any Question then start shooting right away. Well to me thats BS.... SLOW DOWN AND ENJOY IT. Give everybody a chance to catch up and catch their breath. In my opinion if your in that big of a hurry maybe you shouldnt be in a volunteer sport.....

AMEN BROTHER! :rockwoot:

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008

Well said Sir. I can remember matches where when we finished in "record time" I stood there and thought, what did I just do? And other than run in circles and rush rush rush, I had no idea! I am all for keeping things moving but yes lets do as you said and ENJOY IT!

JDubb

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Frankfort IN
    I really enjoyed the set-up part. This was my first time doing it and I learned alot from the guys who have done it before! Like Daniel said I set the whole day for shooting and enjoy it, to bad I can't do it every sunday! Being at the range for a all day experience is better than a good day at work in my opinion!!! I will be at the ACC events this year to help out as much as I can!!!
    As for 2 clip-boards I like it, we should give it a try!!!

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN

Don't let that guy RO
    (not like he does anyway)

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    !!!!

Two clipboards and alternating scorekeepers makes sense to me.
    Its what ever makes it work. I feel that we just need to do it right the way it is myself!! But I am willing to try anything if it makes it better and gets the score sheets filled out. But over all it is still the shooter responsibility to make sure it is done correct. Sunday at SC there where a couple stages that I didnt care if they were or not. But it is still my job to make sure if I want a score.. Ya know if Derrick and I can run the clip board anybody can!!!!!!!!!:twocents: Its not brain surgery!!!!

Top Bottom