Wir brauchen kein Durchsuchungsbefehl.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I didn't want to be the one saying it ... but yeah. :):

Also I studied German, as my third language, for a few years in school. :)

Now see there is the problem. Most of the world is multilingual. We Americans are to damn lazy (or stupid) to even properly speak the one language we are taught. I honestly believe we would be better off as a society if we taught our kids English, Spanish and French. Seeing as how those are the primary languages spoken by our neighboring countries, Canada and Mexico. Well French my not be the primary language of Canada but I bet you that everyone in Quebec speaks English better than most in our country.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Now see there is the problem. Most of the world is multilingual. We Americans are to damn lazy (or stupid) to even properly speak the one language we are taught. I honestly believe we would be better off as a society if we taught our kids English, Spanish and French. Seeing as how those are the primary languages spoken by our neighboring countries, Canada and Mexico. Well French my not be the primary language of Canada but I bet you that everyone in Quebec speaks English better than most in our country.

Most Chinese speak better English than Americans.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Yeah people in Quebec speak great English, with great accents too.My English is not as good. :faint:
    Here in middle school we have to start learning two foreign languages, you cant just take one.
    I picked English and German.
    I believe in the US you only start learning foreign languages in high school which is kinda late.
    Later in college I also started learning Brazilian Portuguese and kept learning English.

I believe now in France they start teaching English in kindergarten school.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Yeah people in Quebec speak great English, with great accents too.My English is not as good. :faint:
    Here in middle school we have to start learning two foreign languages, you cant just take one.
    I picked English and German.
    I believe in the US you only start learning foreign languages in high school which is kinda late.
    Later in college I also started learning Brazilian Portuguese and kept learning English.

I believe now in France they start teaching English in kindergarten school.

Yep I took one year of French in High School. And at the time I don't think it was even required. I passed but I don't remember much. I can't keep the noun/verb inversion from English straight and it tends to come out weird. Also I cant wrap my head around the Masculine/Feminine variations.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Yep I took one year of French in High School. And at the time I don't think it was even required. I passed but I don't remember much. I can't keep the noun/verb inversion from English straight and it tends to come out weird. Also I cant wrap my head around the Masculine/Feminine variations.

I took Latin for two years in high school. Same thing with the masculine/feminine. No way to really know, except for just knowing. All the Latin languages are like that.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I took Latin for two years in high school. Same thing with the masculine/feminine. No way to really know, except for just knowing. All the Latin languages are like that.

Yep.Even for a native speaker sometimes you have to check if a word is masculine or feminine if it's one you never heard before.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    *Heil

*mein

*Führer

All nouns are capitalized in German. I am a bilingual Grammar Police Officer. You happened to post (poorly, I might add) in the other language that I speak.

Better watch out.
    Well I could have told you that was all spelled wrong, I speak English and a little bit of that español haha

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom