• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Who wins between Lesnar and Carwin on July 3rd?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Anyone with a solid left hook poses a threat to GSP. He does have a soft chin, but he implements his game plan and his wrestling keeps him in great position.

As for Les. vs. Car.

Both elite wrestlers and big guys.. Carwin's striking is refined and has shown 1 punch ko power. Lesnar has amateur boxing, but his sheer speed and size make it less of a problem for him against the guys in the past. Now he faces a guy his same size, with the same wrestling, but with far better striking. It makes for a great fight. Given they both are stand and exchange guys it should be entertaining to watch.. As noted by everyone in the MMA world, they both are willing to eat punches to get a shot at landed a ko punch of their own.

I think this one will be decided on who has the iron chin that will take the most abuse and can counter more consistently.

Brock has never eatan punches by someone close to his size, so his chin is suspect in this fight.

I say Carwin by KO...

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Anyone with a solid left hook poses a threat to GSP. He does have a soft chin, but he implements his game plan and his wrestling keeps him in great position.

As for Les. vs. Car.

Both elite wrestlers and big guys.. Carwin's striking is refined and has shown 1 punch ko power. Lesnar has amateur boxing, but his sheer speed and size make it less of a problem for him against the guys in the past. Now he faces a guy his same size, with the same wrestling, but with far better striking. It makes for a great fight. Given they both are stand and exchange guys it should be entertaining to watch.. As noted by everyone in the MMA world, they both are willing to eat punches to get a shot at landed a ko punch of their own.

I think this one will be decided on who has the iron chin that will take the most abuse and can counter more consistently.

Brock has never eatan punches by someone close to his size, so his chin is suspect in this fight.

I say Carwin by KO...

Brock is a much better wrestler, but yes, Carwin is the better striker with more power.

It's a very common misconception that they are the same size. Carwin lies about his height and constantly weighs in under the limit, Brock has to cut 20 lbs or more to make the 265 limit. Come fight time, Brock is MUCH heavier than Shane.

Shane will want to stand and bang, but I'm sure Brock is going to want to utilize his superior wrestling immediately.

As far as chins go? Who knows...Shane was rocked by Gonzo, but recovered immediately and KO'd him shortly after. Brock's chin has yet to be tested.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in

As for Les. vs. Car.

I say Carwin by KO...

i have not seen all of carwins fights so this is a question but has carwins chin been tested by somone with brocks power? if so who. personally i cant think of anyone who hits that hard with the possible exception of carwin.

imo they are both fighting in un familiar teritory. its about who adapts to it quicker and better

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    There is a good read in this thread a made last week on lesnar trainign with Couture...

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/97518-fedor_lost.html

OK, I gotta admit just having any positive association with Couture raises my opinion of Lesnar at least a little. Couture is beyond amazing. At 45 he is still better than most. I don't think it will happen, but I really hope he doesn't allow himself to go the way of Ken Shamrock who is now most remembered for getting beat up by the likes of Tito Ortiz despite the rest of his great career.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    OK, I gotta admit just having any positive association with Couture raises my opinion of Lesnar at least a little. Couture is beyond amazing. At 45 he is still better than most. I don't think it will happen, but I really hope he doesn't allow himself to go the way of Ken Shamrock who is now most remembered for getting beat up by the likes of Tito Ortiz despite the rest of his great career.

Ken never evolved with the sport, just like ***sad face*** my boy Chuck.

OK, it wasn't so much Chuck not evolving, it was more the constant partying, but still.:D

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield

I have read at least two articles on Lesnar that really made you think. One was before his illness and he drove to Subway in his old beat up pick up truck and got Subway and seemed to be really down to earth.

If you ask me he is a lot like me, is cool and down to earth untill it is time to take care of buisness. Before he fought Couture he did not have much if anything that was good to say about him but that was pre fight talk. To bring someone into your camp that you took their belt from says a lot about both parties involved.

Velasquez On Tap For UFC 116 Winner - UFC - Yahoo! Sports

If Nelson made it to the winner or Cain and (Lesnar or Carwin) I think it would get ugly really fast....... but I think Dos Santos will beat him.

Last edited:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Man, I'd really like to see this fight live but I'm cheap.:xmad: I just can't bring myself to spend $45 for something I know I can watch later for free.:rolleyes:

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Man, I'd really like to see this fight live but I'm cheap.:xmad: I just can't bring myself to spend $45 for something I know I can watch later for free.:rolleyes:

Have not seen one in a while? They are like $50 and like $55 for HD now.

I am going to get it tonight...... I only get a few a year, this will probably be the last one for the year.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I have read at least two articles on Lesnar that really made you think. One was before his illness and he drove to Subway in his old beat up pick up truck and got Subway and seemed to be really down to earth.

If you ask me he is a lot like me, is cool and down to earth untill it is time to take care of buisness. Before he fought Couture he did not have much if anything that was good to say about him but that was pre fight talk. To bring someone into your camp that you took their belt from says a lot about both parties involved.

Velasquez On Tap For UFC 116 Winner - UFC - Yahoo! Sports

If Nelson made it to the winner or Cain and (Lesnar or Carwin) I think it would get ugly really fast....... but I think Dos Santos will beat him.

Junior is my favorite up and coming fighter, but I don't think he has the TDD to beat either Lesnar or Velasquez(right now at least).

Top Bottom