• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Who wins between Lesnar and Carwin on July 3rd?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Brock has never eatan punches by someone close to his size, so his chin is suspect in this fight.

As far as chins go? Who knows...Shane was rocked by Gonzo, but recovered immediately and KO'd him shortly after. Brock's chin has yet to be tested.
    i dont think well need to have this discussion ever again. his forehead is pretty solid too. :laugh:

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I personally never thought Brock's chin was suspect, but I also know that his stand up is nowhere near what Carwin's is. I don't think there is a person in the UFC that can take a direct shot from Carwin and not get rocked, except maybe Dana White ;)

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    I personally never thought Brock's chin was suspect, but I also know that his stand up is nowhere near what Carwin's is. I don't think there is a person in the UFC that can take a direct shot from Carwin and not get rocked, except maybe Dana White ;)
    its always suspect until you see it get lit up.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in

lytle. i doubt he could take a shot from carwin but dude has a granite chin

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    The reg absolutely did the right thing. You do not prematurely stop a title fight. You just don't do it. It was not cut-and-dry enough.

Good fight!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Just stopping by to say I finally watched the main event. I'm not going to ready through all the posts, because after my ribs are done I'm going to watch the whole PPV and don't want to get spoiled.

Carwin is a freaking monster, I don't know how that wasn't stopped in the first, but props to Brock for showing resilience and weathering the :poop: storm Carwin put on him.

GooseUhRoose

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    Indy Southside
    Bazooka....what happened???? Lesnar shows he is the ONLY man at the top of the pile in the HW division.

I have a feeling there will be a rematch very soon. I would say they're pretty much right there together still. If Carwin hadn't blown his load throwing all those shots while Lesnar had his head covered, I think he would have continued the same in Round 2.

If anyone didn't know, UFC 119 is supposed to be at Conseco Fieldhouse. And a few websites are saying the headline is going to be Lesnar vs Cain Velasquez. Any thought on that fight?

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I have a feeling there will be a rematch very soon. I would say they're pretty much right there together still. If Carwin hadn't blown his load throwing all those shots while Lesnar had his head covered, I think he would have continued the same in Round 2.

If anyone didn't know, UFC 119 is supposed to be at Conseco Fieldhouse. And a few websites are saying the headline is going to be Lesnar vs Cain Velasquez. Any thought on that fight?

That is a big "IF" there. As far as Cain vs Brock goes...I am thinking Lesnar is just to big for him. I think Cain is possibly the best talent the UFC has but he cant handle the monster size of Carwin and Lesnar. Also, Cain is one of my favorite fighters and I think he has earned a title shot but a fight with Frank Mir would be a better match as far as size and talent being equal.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    That is a big "IF" there. As far as Cain vs Brock goes...I am thinking Lesnar is just to big for him. I think Cain is possibly the best talent the UFC has but he cant handle the monster size of Carwin and Lesnar. Also, Cain is one of my favorite fighters and I think he has earned a title shot but a fight with Frank Mir would be a better match as far as size and talent being equal.

i dont think mir wants to fight brock again. cain is the next im line for a title shot but brock will have no problem for him. the net couple title fights for brock should be a cake walk (i know anything can happen in mma). the next fight for brock that will be a serious challenge for brock will be either fedor signs ufc (not likley) and the most probable one will be brock vs carwin 2

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    been there. pretty good show hu

It was fantastic...Lots of excitement.

I guess I'll start responding to the posts one by one.

First, I think Cain can definitely hold his own with Brock. If old man Couture can put Brock on his back, you better believe Cain can. I think Cain with want to use his superior striking and just neutralize Brock's wrestling, which I totally think he can.

GooseUhRoose

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    Indy Southside

Big if? No way. If he landed body shots to open up the face, or body shots in general, I don't think Lesnar would have came out so quick after taking a pounding everywhere, or the fight could have been stopped in the first. I do agree with your Cain v Lesnar, his size says Lesnar is going to lay all over him.

i dont think mir wants to fight brock again. cain is the next im line for a title shot but brock will have no problem for him. the net couple title fights for brock should be a cake walk (i know anything can happen in mma). the next fight for brock that will be a serious challenge for brock will be either fedor signs ufc (not likley) and the most probable one will be brock vs carwin 2

1. Fedor would never sign with UFC (as has happened numerous times) because he doesn't want to be exclusive to UFC, and M1 Global wants to create co-events. Dana White isn't down with sharing money.

2. You do realize Fedor just got submitted around a minute into the fight by Werdum last weekend?

3. Because of Fedor losing, he's lost all cred, and Dana loves it.

It was fantastic...Lots of excitement.

I guess I'll start responding to the posts one by one.

First, I think Cain can definitely hold his own with Brock. If old man Couture can put Brock on his back, you better believe Cain can. I think Cain with want to use his superior striking and just neutralize Brock's wrestling, which I totally think he can.

Good striker but not near as much power as Carwin. It would take ALOT of those shots to put him out. I also don't think he's going to be able to stuff many of those takedowns.

Top Bottom