• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Who wins between Lesnar and Carwin on July 3rd?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    1. Fedor would never sign with UFC (as has happened numerous times) because he doesn't want to be exclusive to UFC, and M1 Global wants to create co-events. Dana White isn't down with sharing money.

First of all, it's not up to Dana...He is just the talking head of the UFC, the Fertita brothers make the decisions.

Second, M1 Global has run every MMA organization that they've been apart of into the ground(Strikefarce is next)...Why would the UFC subject themselves to this, for one fighter? Not to mention, it has taken the UFC YEARS to get where they are and M1 wants to step in and take a piece of the pie? GTFO M1.

Good striker but not near as much power as Carwin. It would take ALOT of those shots to put him out. I also don't think he's going to be able to stuff many of those takedowns.

I think Cain will be able to stuff virtually all of Brock's TDs. The longer Cain can last, the better chance he has of winning. His gas tank is unlimited; Brock's...Isn't.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    1. Fedor would never sign with UFC (as has happened numerous times) because he doesn't want to be exclusive to UFC, and M1 Global wants to create co-events. Dana White isn't down with sharing money.

2. You do realize Fedor just got submitted around a minute into the fight by Werdum last weekend?

3. Because of Fedor losing, he's lost all cred, and Dana loves it.

ya i agree that there is no chance of fedor signin with ufc thats why i put not likley

i do realize fedor go submitted last weekend but to me that does not make him less of a bad ass. a knockout or submittion by a opponent does not make the fighter a noncontender (all this is extreamly hypothetical since it will never happen) i still think fedor could give brock or carwin a good fight, but id still put m money on brock or carwin, but not due to the submition of fedor last week

ya i bet dana did a little dance when fedor lost

GooseUhRoose

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    Indy Southside
    First of all, it's not up to Dana...He is just the talking head of the UFC, the Fertita brothers make the decisions.

Second, M1 Global has run every MMA organization that they've been apart of into the ground(Strikefarce is next)...Why would the UFC subject themselves to this, for one fighter? Not to mention, it has taken the UFC YEARS to get where they are and M1 wants to step in and take a piece of the pie? GTFO M1.

I think Cain will be able to stuff virtually all of Brock's TDs. The longer Cain can last, the better chance he has of winning. His gas tank is unlimited; Brock's...Isn't.

I realize the Fertita brothers are the go to guys on decisions. The majority of MMA fans, especially casual ones, would only recognize White. Keeping my statement as simple for people on the board.

M1 Global is garbage. They trap their fighters in contracts and use them to attempt constant co-promotions (Fedor, Mousasi).

And I hope it goes the way you're saying, but I just don't see it happening. Brock has freakish speed/agility, and obviously the strength to get him with the double legs takedowns. I'm hoping Cain is as good as all the hype, he's really yet to meet the cream of the crop in the UFC other than Big Nog (who has faded from his Pride days).

GooseUhRoose

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    Indy Southside
    ya i agree that there is no chance of fedor signin with ufc thats why i put not likley

i do realize fedor go submitted last weekend but to me that does not make him less of a bad ass. a knockout or submittion by a opponent does not make the fighter a noncontender (all this is extreamly hypothetical since it will never happen) i still think fedor could give brock or carwin a good fight, but id still put m money on brock or carwin, but not due to the submition of fedor last week

I still believe he's an amazing fighter. But his stock has dropped immensely due to the loss. His biggest selling point was his winning streak which is no longer. Given he's not as big a ticket seller, if he was offered a contract, it would be much less than the original.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

Since he lost to a B level UFC reject, I'd have to imagine the new offer would be about a 1/10 as much(from 5 million a fight, so about 500k).

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I agree with Bazooka Joe on all points! No, we will likely never see Fedor in the UFC, and YES Cain absolutely has a chance at beating Lesnar. I have watched all of Cain's fights and I'm telling you the man is a survivor. He may not have the power of Carwin, but he is a smart fighter and a better striker than Lesnar.

I am looking forward to seeing Brock Lesnar lose again, I personally can't stand him. As for the UFC 119 card, I heard a rumor that the main event might be Rampage vs Little Nog but I don't know if there is any meat to that.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I agree with Bazooka Joe on all points! No, we will likely never see Fedor in the UFC, and YES Cain absolutely has a chance at beating Lesnar. I have watched all of Cain's fights and I'm telling you the man is a survivor. He may not have the power of Carwin, but he is a smart fighter and a better striker than Lesnar.

I'm still up in the air about Fedor and the UFC. Once M1 runs Strikefarce into the ground(it's coming soon, especially since their meal ticket's stock just plummeted), he'll only have three choices(Bellator and Sengoku don't have a HW division).

1. UFC

2. Dream, where he'd have to face a non drug tested Alistair Overeem(fat chance)

3. Retirement

BTW, yes Cain is a survivor and he's also a freaking machine...Best gas tank of any HW ever IMO.

I am looking forward to seeing Brock Lesnar lose again, I personally can't stand him. As for the UFC 119 card, I heard a rumor that the main event might be Rampage vs Little Nog but I don't know if there is any meat to that.

Not that it means anything, but look at "related posts" at the bottom.

UFC 119 Fight Card, Betting Odds, Tickets & Results

I think both fights should be on the same card. The UFC has more than enough talent to have 2-3 big fights on a single card. They used to constantly do that, but now it seems like they skimp on the cards and just add more events...I'm not exactly complaining, because a lot of the cards that look like turds turn out to be awesome(see UFC: Fight For The Troops) and some of the cards that look awesome turn out kinda crappy(UFC 100 was supposed to be the baddest card ever).

now there is a fighter i HATE and thats rampage. he is a horible coach on tuff, and the way he ran his mouth to rashad then backed out of the fight i lost all respect for him

Me too. He's a mental midget that talks all the :poop: in the world, then gets all bent out of shape if someone retaliates. F that dude.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Personally I don't think the fight should have been stoped, Lesnar was taking the beating pretty good unlinke when Mir was getting his head bounced off the cage by Lesnar.

I was not all the suprised that Carwin gassed...... I think it was all or nothing for him and I think he was suprised that Lesnar could take it and I think Lesnar was a LITTLE suprised that he could hit that hard......

The one think Carwin needs is cardio.........

I do agree that they need more big fights on a single card...... The only reason I got this PPV was for the Carwin fight and was suprised to see that it was just $45.

GooseUhRoose

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    Indy Southside
    I'm still up in the air about Fedor and the UFC. Once M1 runs Strikefarce into the ground(it's coming soon, especially since their meal ticket's stock just plummeted), he'll only have three choices(Bellator and Sengoku don't have a HW division).

1. UFC

2. Dream, where he'd have to face a non drug tested Alistair Overeem(fat chance)

3. Retirement

BTW, yes Cain is a survivor and he's also a freaking machine...Best gas tank of any HW ever IMO.

Not that it means anything, but look at "related posts" at the bottom.

UFC 119 Fight Card, Betting Odds, Tickets & Results

I think both fights should be on the same card. The UFC has more than enough talent to have 2-3 big fights on a single card. They used to constantly do that, but now it seems like they skimp on the cards and just add more events...I'm not exactly complaining, because a lot of the cards that look like turds turn out to be awesome(see UFC: Fight For The Troops) and some of the cards that look awesome turn out kinda crappy(UFC 100 was supposed to be the baddest card ever).

Me too. He's a mental midget that talks all the :poop: in the world, then gets all bent out of shape if someone retaliates. F that dude.

Isn't Bellator hosting a HW tournament next season?

Fedor didn't take the fight in America where he would be tested, so I'm gonna have to agree with you and say there's a snowballs chance in hell he'll fight him elsewhere. I do see him going to DREAM though.

I thought this last event had a lot of talent and was an action packed card. It would have been even better if Wanderlei would have been able to fight Leben instead of Sexyama.

Didn't Rampage run over an old lady in his car or something and keep driving? And yes, total piece of crap.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Carwin goes back to the drawing board - UFC - Yahoo! Sports

For teh record if for whatever freak reason the UFC was able to get Fedor then I think it would be the last nail in the coffin for Strike Force if Sheilds leaves, because in all honestly Henderson will be the last big name........

More and more I don't see Fedor as the top HW in the world.... top 5 for sure but not top. I am a huge Couture fan but know he is not the top LHW these days.

I think Carwin will get all his ducks in order and if he can end up going 5 rounds at even 75% of what he showed in round one agains Lesnar then look out.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I thought this last event had a lot of talent and was an action packed card. It would have been even better if Wanderlei would have been able to fight Leben instead of Sexyama.

Didn't Rampage run over an old lady in his car or something and keep driving? And yes, total piece of crap.

Jeez, I really hate that nickname.

No. She wasn't old; she was pregnant...Yes, she had a miscarriage.

copsrampage1.jpg

rampage_arrested_575.jpg

He's quite a modest fella.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I always thought Rampage was ahumble fighter as well.Thats why I liked him,not like some who literally cried when they lost, or just left the ring, not even giving an interview.
    Chris Lemen was the best fight on the card. Awesome fight

GooseUhRoose

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    Indy Southside
    I always thought Rampage was ahumble fighter as well.Thats why I liked him,not like some who literally cried when they lost, or just left the ring, not even giving an interview.
    Chris Lemen was the best fight on the card. Awesome fight

His strategy of beating up Akiyama's hands with his face payed off in the end

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    One thing that people need to realize is that some fighters and their style works better in a ring than the cage. Also, Lesnar would be a tough fight anywhere but the big guys like him and Carwin benefit from a cage and being able to pin you against it and punish for a finish. IMO, fighters like Nog, CroCop, and Fedor will be more dominant in a ring where they can't be pinned in a corner and can work their game in the middle. Also, I think some people misunderstood my comment about Mir as I think Frank Mir and Cain would be a great fight and not so much against Lesnar.

Top Bottom