• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Watched the report about this on the outdoor channel i think wednesday. Wasn't impressed with it after researching more info. Everything was supposed to be 22lr components but won't work in a 22lr rifle. What's next, a 46acp or a 9.5mm cartridge. Anything to make money and gun nuts will always blow money on it. I didn't pay much attention on the round cost, but probably alot more than 22lr, just like 380 costs much more than 9mm which makes no sense being 380 is just a slightly shorter 9mm round.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Watched the report about this on the outdoor channel i think wednesday. Wasn't impressed with it after researching more info. Everything was supposed to be 22lr components but won't work in a 22lr rifle. What's next, a 46acp or a 9.5mm cartridge. Anything to make money and gun nuts will always blow money on it. I didn't pay much attention on the round cost, but probably alot more than 22lr, just like 380 costs much more than 9mm which makes no sense being 380 is just a slightly shorter 9mm round.
    Yup. Looks like a other experiment for the ash heap to me. If they'd made it to fit existing rifles, it would have a chance. Stupid.

edwea

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    My first thought too....
    Considering the push on many places for lead free ammunition, this may be an effort to get in front of regulations that will prohibit traditional 22lr shooting.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I had a buddy tell me about this , my first thought was another 5mm rimfire? And then "the answer to a question that doesn't exist "
    I do not follow the trends, so I do not have a cabinet full of oddballs no one wants.
    I will believe in .21 when Anschutz adds them to their fleet of rifles

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    If the non-healed bullets live up to the hype and are that much more accurate, the target & match shooters may pick up on it.

For the 95% of rimfire shooters who just like plinking or hunting, the .22lr will eat it's lunch.

Top Bottom