• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So a citizen may be fined and serve jail time for not showing up for jury duty but a judge may refuse to show up for something he has been paid good money to do because he’s a candy a.. Then on top of it a girl is going to take his place. Am I missing something? What are the odds he’ll still sit down to dinner at the country club with the same smugness. Little girly man!
    Ah...the ability of some people to confidently ridicule when they know absolutely nothing. It's amusing, but not admirable.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    So a citizen may be fined and serve jail time for not showing up for jury duty but a judge may refuse to show up for something he has been paid good money to do because he’s a candy a.. Then on top of it a girl is going to take his place. Am I missing something? What are the odds he’ll still sit down to dinner at the country club with the same smugness. Little girly man!
    "...a girl..." ???

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Called that one.

On WIBC (over the radio, no link) they are reporting the judge was concerned about his and his family's safety. "Blood-lust for information, YouTube videos about his family. Doesn't feel safe."

The Indiana Supreme Court stated they are in the process of appointing Allen County Judge Fran Gull as a special judge in the case. Neither Judge Gull or Judge Diener can speak to the press about the merits of the case.

Judge intimidation, obviously a real thing. Yet all of those "Trump judges" ruled against election fraud in their districts? :n00b:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    If the reason for recusal is simply fear, why will a new judge be less fearful? How many and what kind of threats must there be for a judge to recuse himself? I'd venture to guess judges of all types, in all places get routine threats. But what if judges look at a case on their docket and say to themselves, "Uh, hot-potato! I don't want the attention this case will bring. So, I'm scared and demand this case be given to another judge." The Carroll County judge does appear to be ducking responsibility. But I don't know enough (yet) to say he is a candy ***.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If the reason for recusal is simply fear, why will a new judge be less fearful? How many and what kind of threats must there be for a judge to recuse himself? I'd venture to guess judges of all types, in all places get routine threats. But what if judges look at a case on their docket and say to themselves, "Uh, hot-potato! I don't want the attention this case will bring. So, I'm scared and demand this case be given to another judge." The Carroll County judge does appear to be ducking responsibility. But I don't know enough (yet) to say he is a candy ***.
    Oh I don't know. Threats to the judge's family which lives in the area local to the case versus a judge across the state who has no interaction in Carroll County.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    Aw shucks, he is being inconvenienced. The family will pay for his crimes, that is the shrapnel effect.

Well fair is fair. He needs representation. Even if he intends to cooperate fully he should still have someone.

Nothing has been proven yet. In fact nothing has even been alleged publicly in any detail beyond "we think he did it". Yes I know everyone thinks they wouldn't have arrested him if they didn't have something big and that's probably true, but lets wait and see.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    He can take out a second mortgage or sell anything of worth in his possession. I hope the judge doesn't burden the community with tax payer money to help him. Yes there hasn't been any charges publicized but there has been enough evidence to incarcerate him with a very large bail set. Jmo but he needs to pay for his own defense, he's taken enough from the community.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    He can take out a second mortgage or sell anything of worth in his possession. I hope the judge doesn't burden the community with tax payer money to help him. Yes there hasn't been any charges publicized but there has been enough evidence to incarcerate him with a very large bail set. Jmo but he needs to pay for his own defense, he's taken enough from the community.
    Any other Amendments you feel we should bypass besides The 6th?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    There is a very defined process for determining whether state-appointed counsel is appropriate. I am fine letting the process work as it does in any other case.

As an aside, there is no excuse for anyone making or implying threats against his family. It does not surprise me, though.

Last edited:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Any other Amendments you feel we should bypass besides The 6th?
    Not saying bypass the 6th, he does have a reserve or value to borrow against. Why should he be able to put the burden on the community instead of doing his due diligence and obtaining his own funds for representation?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Not saying bypass the 6th, he does have a reserve or value to borrow against. Why should he be able to put the burden on the community instead of doing his due diligence and obtaining his own funds for representation?
    Thats exactly what you're saying. The burden is on the prosecution to prove ones guilt.
    So in your world, one can be found not guilty but be bankrupt in the end.

The first right to counsel statute was passed in Rhode Island in 1660.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    Thats exactly what you're saying. The burden is on the prosecution to prove ones guilt.

Not just his world. I agree that it's wrong, but I think you can actually end up being found not guilty and still bankrupt yourself in your defence. You don't get a refund from the state when you're acquitted!

Personally I think it's not even fair that a public defender isn't guaranteed (although I would probably spend everything I have for even a slight increase at my chances of acquittal if I was accused of a serious crime).

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country

So a person that owns his own home and had a very good paying occupation at the time of arrest shouldn't be made to cover his own defense? Yes it's the prosecution burden to prove his guilt but it's he shouldn't get free defense if he can pay for it himself.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom