• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    I "think" the DNA thing was mentioned in the interview as a leverage tactic.
    I'm not sure they have it. (I'm not sure they don't)

The DNA thing is nothing new. It's been known that they have some unidentified DNA for years now. But they don't know if it's the killer's DNA.

People regard everything the family say as if it has been orchestrated with the police but in reality they don't know any more then the general public do. This is just someone trying to make a story out of nothing imo.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    I presume the police have strong suspicions of who any DNA they have belongs in the age ancestrydotcom…

I'm sure they do. But it's not as simple as it sounds. You need a certain amount of a certain type of DNA for those ancestry matches. They might not have that. You also need to have enough for the defence to do their own testing, if you want to be allowed use it as evidence. Then you have the context of the recovered DNA. Was it recovered from a location that means it has to be the killers? If not, it might not carry much weight. On the other hand, if they try not to use it as evidence, then the defence will use it, saying the real killer is the unidentified owner of the mystery DNA sample, and my client is an innocent man etc. I think the police are in a complicated situation like that.

That said, they have identified an account that was obviously used by the killer, and narrowed the use of that account down to 2 people. So yeah I'm pretty sure they have their suspicions...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'm sure they do. But it's not as simple as it sounds. You need a certain amount of a certain type of DNA for those ancestry matches. They might not have that. You also need to have enough for the defence to do their own testing, if you want to be allowed use it as evidence. Then you have the context of the recovered DNA. Was it recovered from a location that means it has to be the killers? If not, it might not carry much weight. On the other hand, if they try not to use it as evidence, then the defence will use it, saying the real killer is the unidentified owner of the mystery DNA sample, and my client is an innocent man etc. I think the police are in a complicated situation like that.

That said, they have identified an account that was obviously used by the killer, and narrowed the use of that account down to 2 people. So yeah I'm pretty sure they have their suspicions...
    I agree, having DNA to use to guide you in the right direction is different than to convict in court...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yup.
    I hate to say it but they blew it.

I thought the "investigation" looked weak from the beginning. It was obvious that their only tactic was silence to the public, in hopes of trapping the killer by hearing unreleased info come out of them.

Stubborn investigators have set on this info for five years to get the feather in their cap. In the meantime, not one word to parents or guardians about leaving defenseless children unattended in remote locations. Much less, that monitoring ALL communication devices is the RESPONCIBILITY of the parent or guardian.

I don't know the detailed breakdown of LEO responsibilities between the locals/state/feds on this. I can say for sure though that the face of press releases that I have seen has been the same anti-2A state police superintendent that fought us for years on constitutional carry, until he was overcome by our legislature. For damned sure, he ain't one of us.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I thought the "investigation" looked weak from the beginning. It was obvious that their only tactic was silence to the public, in hopes of trapping the killer by hearing unreleased info come out of them.

Stubborn investigators have set on this info for five years to get the feather in their cap. In the meantime, not one word to parents or guardians about leaving defenseless children unattended in remote locations. Much less, that monitoring ALL communication devices is the RESPONCIBILITY of the parent or guardian.

I don't know the detailed breakdown of LEO responsibilities between the locals/state/feds on this. I can say for sure though that the face of press releases that I have seen has been the same anti-2A state police superintendent that fought us for years on constitutional carry, until he was overcome by our legislature. For damned sure, he ain't one of us.

Political puppet.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    They are never gonna figure this out, other than the remote possibility of the serial killer's confession when they have nothing to lose from it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm just going to keep praying that they DO figure it out, and that the SOB hangs for it. I raised two little girls, and the thought of what happened to these kids physically sickens me.

We have to learn from these fatal mistakes made. Those girls should have been supervised. They were neglected and allowed to walk right into the monster's trap.

We could well have that monster in jail or in the ground, if guardians had monitored those girl's electronic communications.

:twocents:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Jesus Christ give it a rest with blaming the parents. Every time this thread gets updated you start in with the unsupervised bs. I was hoping for some kind of closure on this, maybe a discussion about what people think of the article DD posted, but nope, it’s the same victim blaming bs from the last 10 pages. Let it go already.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

FBI agent believed clothing taken and bodies 'staged' in Delphi murders search warrant request​

I can’t believe they had 2 exes give tips it’s possibly him, 15 hits on the database said it’s possibly him, and they’re just now, 2 years after he’s passed away, digging deeper into him as a POI. I’m sure they’ve already checked into him previously, but it seems with that many coincidences he would’ve been the main focus from the moment the 1st indication of possibility arose.

He lied about his whereabouts. His exes said they believe it’s him. 15 database hits. Lived next to the property. Historically abusive. Too many flags to ignore.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Jesus Christ give it a rest with blaming the parents. Every time this thread gets updated you start in with the unsupervised bs. I was hoping for some kind of closure on this, maybe a discussion about what people think of the article DD posted, but nope, it’s the same victim blaming bs from the last 10 pages. Let it go already.

Parents? What parents? :scratch:

Top Bottom