• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Jesus Christ give it a rest with blaming the parents. Every time this thread gets updated you start in with the unsupervised bs. I was hoping for some kind of closure on this, maybe a discussion about what people think of the article DD posted, but nope, it’s the same victim blaming bs from the last 10 pages. Let it go already.
    I agree. I think it serves little purpose and is in very poor taste.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Parents? What parents? :scratch:

This is not solving anything. Parents can not be ina kids face 24/7/365. Just not possible.
    I see what you are saying and to a point agree. But even the most diligent parents get out smarted on occasion. Kids are pretty slick when they apply themselves.

Let’s all take a moment please. This topic is a terrible nightmare and has an effect on everyone with kids/grandkids. It just makes me sick these monsters walk among us.
    Never let a moment pass that you don’t let those you love know it. Never.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This is not solving anything. Parents can not be ina kids face 24/7/365. Just not possible.
    I see what you are saying and to a point agree. But even the most diligent parents get out smarted on occasion. Kids are pretty slick when they apply themselves.

Let’s all take a moment please. This topic is a terrible nightmare and has an effect on everyone with kids/grandkids. It just makes me sick these monsters walk among us.
    Not to mention that these girls were 13 and 14 years old. Not toddlers. I know when I was 13 or 14 I had free rein to go anywhere my bike or my feet would take me. You can say it was a "different time" and to some degree you'd be right, but at what point is it okay for kids to be kids? 18? 25? 40?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Not to mention that these girls were 13 and 14 years old. Not toddlers. I know when I was 13 or 14 I had free rein to go anywhere my bike or my feet would take me. You can say it was a "different time" and to some degree you'd be right, but at what point is it okay for kids to be kids? 18? 25? 40?
    Same here. Actually younger than that. That different time was actually more dangerous than the world today.

A large part of our problems today stem from children not being given autonomy. They are sheltered and coddled and don't learn to be able to take care of themselves.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    I can’t believe they had 2 exes give tips it’s possibly him, 15 hits on the database said it’s possibly him, and they’re just now, 2 years after he’s passed away, digging deeper into him as a POI. I’m sure they’ve already checked into him previously, but it seems with that many coincidences he would’ve been the main focus from the moment the 1st indication of possibility arose.

He lied about his whereabouts. His exes said they believe it’s him. 15 database hits. Lived next to the property. Historically abusive. Too many flags to ignore.

But they didn't ignore it. They got a warrant. He was the main focus. And there's no indication that LE are digging into him as a POI now. Some podcasters just happened to get hold of the affidavit, so now it's news again.

Thousands of people have been tipped in. Off the top of my head:

* there was a firefighter whose name is on the search party list who was subsequently convicted of sexually assaulting his teenage neighbor
    * there's a guy who was a close friend of Ron Logan, and spent a lot of time at his farm, worked in the nearby meat plant at the time of the murders, who is now in prison for murdering his ex girlfriend, and allegedly confessed to killing at least one other person
    * there's a guy who went to the same school as the girls (at that time), who later lured his coworker to his apartment and beat him to death, then hid his body in the closet

So it's not as big a coincidence as you might think that there was a violent man with some connection to the area of the crime. Sadly it's just not rare enough to be a thing. Also, wasn't he like 77 or something?

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    The fact that he lied about where he was during the murder, and his cell phone showed him in the location is a huge red flag to me.

I don't know how I feel right now. If they can prove it was him it would be nice for closure, but at the same time I am pissed that the SOB is already dead and couldn't suffer for what he did.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    The fact that he lied about where he was during the murder, and his cell phone showed him in the location is a huge red flag to me.

I don't know how I feel right now. If they can prove it was him it would be nice for closure, but at the same time I am pissed that the SOB is already dead and couldn't suffer for what he did.

If you believe in God, he is suffering.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    My hope is this all will be quickly solved, and the parents get closure.

I lived in Culver for a very short time and have walked that very RR bridge. Other than a potential fall from the bridge, my hikes in that area were safe and peaceful, not to mention a few rabbits in the stew pot. It is not like it was a homeless encampment full of criminals.

5% of America is unsafe 24/7. A couple kids killed or missing barely makes the news in places like Gary, Detroit, LA, NYC, etc. The other 95% of this country is safe until it isn't.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Jesus Christ give it a rest with blaming the parents. Every time this thread gets updated you start in with the unsupervised bs. I was hoping for some kind of closure on this, maybe a discussion about what people think of the article DD posted, but nope, it’s the same victim blaming bs from the last 10 pages. Let it go already.

I blame the murderous thug.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    A large part of our problems today stem from children not being given autonomy. They are sheltered and coddled and don't learn to be able to take care of themselves.
    I live in a slightly upscale development of 332 homes. The lots are small. The entire perimeter can be walked in 35 minutes. There are 6 school bus stops, so kids would not have to walk past more than about 12 houses to the bus stop. Yet every morning and every afternoon there are more than a dozen SUV's with moms shuttling kids between the bus stop and home. We would not want kids to actually get the exercise.

We have pictures of my wife's school choir, about 30 kids. (1968) Two fat girls and one fat boy in the high school choir. A couple years ago we went to the High school choir concert in the same small town. Our grandson attends the school. At least 1/2 of the kids were fat, some were huge and could barely waddle up the risers on the platform. You know that they cannot take care of themselves. I'll bet their moms drive them to school. Modern parental habits are actually hurting the kids.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I live in a slightly upscale development of 332 homes. The lots are small. The entire perimeter can be walked in 35 minutes. There are 6 school bus stops, so kids would not have to walk past more than about 12 houses to the bus stop. Yet every morning and every afternoon there are more than a dozen SUV's with moms shuttling kids between the bus stop and home. We would not want kids to actually get the exercise.

We have pictures of my wife's school choir, about 30 kids. (1968) Two fat girls and one fat boy in the high school choir. A couple years ago we went to the High school choir concert in the same small town. Our grandson attends the school. At least 1/2 of the kids were fat, some were huge and could barely waddle up the risers on the platform. You know that they cannot take care of themselves. I'll bet their moms drive them to school. Modern parental habits are actually hurting the kids.
    We had this discussion just the other day. Helicopter parents hovering over the kids scared to death by the MSM slime oozing out of the flat screen 24/7. Leo nailed it up stream with the 5%/95% statement and I believe it.
    Our kids/G-kids are active at insane levels. They are constantly on the move save for the time we allow them access to the internet and that is monitored for content. Maybe this is what BW was referring too. Soooo many kids live on the couch with the Gameboy rolling and eating from a fast food sack. We cook most every meal here and the back yard looks like a park playground. I will admit we are guilty of being a shuttle service to and from school only because the drivers in our area suck donkey butts and its a bit of a walk for the terrorists on a bad weather day like today. Their Mom will take the stroller with baby Raine up to meet them at the school and they walk home. They really enjoy it. The 15 year old goes to a school 15 minutes drive away and no bus service from here. So yes we do get them there and home.

The evil we fear is hard to spot especially when people will not sound an alarm and then the authority's we put in place for our protection fail miserably.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana

He lied because he was trying to hide a probation violation. That violation ultimately led to him being jailed, so he definitely had every reason to lie. And as those podcasters pointed out, his fake alibi didn't even cover the time of the murders.

His cell phone showed him in the location because he lived there. Cell phone location based on triangulation isn't that precise, especially in that area where there was only one tower at the time.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

Amen, brother Mouse ! :thumbsup:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    The sadness to this case is the lack of closure. Nobody is accountable even with all the evidence including pics, voice recording, etc. I realize that law enforcement and investigations require being thorough and I'm not privy to all the known details. But man, this investigation seems to be all over the place. Two completely different sketches of suspects and a multiplicity of motives. It really astounds me that there isn't a clear cut suspect at least. Really sad and very frustrating.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    A shocking number of murders go unsolved each year. The FBI has reported that approximately 40 percent of the nation's homicides go unsolved. Seems to be the sad truth in this case. I believe these poor girls are at least in heaven, and those involved are or will be in hell where they belong.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    In the meantime, not one word to parents or guardians about leaving defenseless children unattended in remote locations.
    Remote location? 1/4 mile or so to multiple houses and maybe 1/2 mile from town. On a relatively well used trail of which there were at least a couple people(enough to do a composite sketch) in the area other than them and the scumbag that killed them. Not that remote.
    Same here, heck I used to ride my bike to a friends house about that age that was right about 15 miles away. And depending on the route, took me through some places about as "remote" as this. And this was long before cell phones.

Top Bottom