• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The Monon Trail is one of the most used parks in the state.
    This didn't happen on the Monon Trail, it happened on the Monon High Bridge Trail. Two separate things.

Are you proposing doing away with linear parks?
    For myself, yes. The railroad easement is supposed to revert back to the property owners on each side. Not be taken for a trail.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This didn't happen on the Monon Trail, it happened on the Monon High Bridge Trail. Two separate things.

For myself, yes. The railroad easement is supposed to revert back to the property owners on each side. Not be taken for a trail.

It is part of the same rail to trail that is the Monon Trail. If your definition is just in Marion and Hamilton counties it is not that. I believe the long term goal is for the trail to run way up north over time.

Monon High Bridge Trail – 1.5 mile
    Between City Park on East Main Street and High Bridge,
    this trail traces along part of the abandoned Monon Railroad line. At the top of the slope, where Old Camden Road meets the railroad, is the Centennial Stone, dedicated to General Samuel Milroy, who platted Delphi in 1828. A mile beyond the highway overpass is High Bridge, Indiana’s second highest railroad trestle.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Carroll county as a whole, and Delphi in particular, have historically been very quite, quaint, and considered incredibly safe.
    This one incident changed all of that.

Any desolate place is safe to leave your 13 year old girls unsupervised?

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    It is part of the same rail to trail that is the Monon Trail. If your definition is just in Marion and Hamilton counties it is not that. I believe the long term goal is for the trail to run way up north over time.

Monon High Bridge Trail – 1.5 mile
    Between City Park on East Main Street and High Bridge,
    this trail traces along part of the abandoned Monon Railroad line. At the top of the slope, where Old Camden Road meets the railroad, is the Centennial Stone, dedicated to General Samuel Milroy, who platted Delphi in 1828. A mile beyond the highway overpass is High Bridge, Indiana’s second highest railroad trestle.
    I'm not aware of any current plans to extend the Monon trail that far north. Can you point me to any documented source ffor you r statement?

THe High Bridge was part of the Monon Rails system, but that does not make it a part of the Monon Trail.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'm not aware of any current plans to extend the Monon trail that far north. Can you point me to any documented source ffor you r statement?

THe High Bridge was part of the Monon Rails system, but that does not make it a part of the Monon Trail.
    The trail is not a State project, it is done locally but often with state or federal contributions. The political want to continue its growth, as it is one of the most popular things they do. Many recreational organizations also are working toward that. There is no link to a government document saying how and when they will continue it.

The existing trail was built by communities sections at a time. There have been communities that built their trail that did not connect to the Indy trail for years. If it is on the old Monon railway it is a part of an overall Monon Trail in my book.

Please tell me this questioning is is not a semantics game?

Top Bottom