• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    The trail is not a State project, it is done locally but often with state or federal contributions. The political want to continue its growth, as it is one of the most popular things they do. Many recreational organizations also are working toward that. There is no link to a government document saying how and when they will continue it.

The existing trail was built by communities sections at a time. There have been communities that built their trail that did not connect to the Indy trail for years. If it is on the old Monon railway it is a part of an overall Monon Trail in my book.

Please tell me this questioning is is not a semantics game?

It's a case study in the fact that the government has nothing to give unless it takes it from someone else to begin with.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Shame he hasn't been found. I would think with the video if he was a local someone would know by his walk and clothes and seen enough to know who it is. I thought maybe a guy traveling from state to state doing this kind of thing, watching and waiting and moving on so no one recognizes him or knows him....gotta be tough for the police. There was a case in my area, Wabash. A serial killer that took years to capture and it was just chance and luck IL police got him and didn't fully know at the time what and who they had. He grew up in Wabash, got into civil war enactments and would travel and commit most of his killings while visiting....he was a genius in serial killing, cleaning, taking care no evidence. A friend of mine worked with him at Laketon refinery, said he came to work one day arms all scratched up....said he got into the briars and thorns......years and years later after being caught my friend now believes those marks weren't from thorns. The guy never said a cuss word and wouldn't kill a fly according to my friend.....sometimes we think a monster has to look like a monster, we fear the big biker guys thats been to prison that looks mean with a scare....when its the innocent looking little guy that will cut your throat. Can't remember the serial killer full name, but last name is Hall.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The High Bridge trail, at least in that area, is a very desolate place.
    Predators dream
    I'm familiar with the area, it's maybe 20 minutes from my house. It's rural but I wouldn't call it desolate. IIRC the police interviewed 2-3 other people that were there about that time. And many places could be a predators dream. Heck I knew of a nature preserve in a very populated area of NWI that could have been one. Bieker woods in Munster, not huge only about 6.5 acres but heavily wooded and when I used to go there after lunch with my son's mom to walk around we never saw anyone else there.
    There were many such places when I grew up.
    I don't know of a single one today.
    Crime was higher when I was a kid, you just didn't hear about it as much. Back in the 70s this would have made local news, maybe state but that's iffy. Now it's worldwide. Heck the FBI had billboards up in what 30+ states after it happened.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    My theory!

One or both of the Babies contacted the guy on the Internet. They set a meet up at the bridge.
    Then the assault took place.
    The police have more information that they are holding tight.
    The idea of a random guy finding the girls doesn’t seem likely IMO.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    My theory!

One or both of the Babies contacted the guy on the Internet. They set a meet up at the bridge.
    Then the assault took place.
    The police have more information that they are holding tight.
    The idea of a random guy finding the girls doesn’t seem likely IMO.
    Seems very plausible. Seems to happen a lot. These connected girls with teen angst seem to be vulnerable to the scum that prey on them…

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    That theory again brings us back to parenting, (or lack of,) that no one seems to want to discuss?

It's a parent's job to parent, not to count on the village to do it for them. :twocents:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That theory again brings us back to parenting, (or lack of,) that no one seems to want to discuss?

It's a parent's job to parent, not to count on the village to do it for them. :twocents:
    It was hard enough to protect children from themselves in the real world before technology became pervasive, now it is even harder.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm sure the parents all ready feel bad enough !

We all feel bad. We should also feel bad that two 13 year old girls were not supervised properly and paid with their lives.

We can either learn from tragedy, or keep doing the same thing until it occurs again. :dunno:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    We all feel bad. We should also feel bad that two 13 year old girls were not supervised properly and paid with their lives.

We can either learn from tragedy, or keep doing the same thing until it occurs again. :dunno:
    IMO you are making a lot of assumptions about the parents.

It's hard to teach your children responsibility without actually giving them some freedom. It's also damn near impossible to know what your child is doing every moment.
    You never did anything that your parents were not aware of? If so you are definitely in the minority.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    IMO you are making a lot of assumptions about the parents.

It's hard to teach your children responsibility without actually giving them some freedom. It's also damn near impossible to know what your child is doing every moment.
    You never did anything that your parents were not aware of? If so you are definitely in the minority.

How much responsibility do those girls have now?

They didn't make it to the age where they could actually be trusted to begin making decisions for themselves. It was somebodies' job to get them there, and somebody failed.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    How much responsibility do those girls have now?

They didn't make it to the age where they could actually be trusted to begin making decisions for themselves. It was somebodies' job to get them there, and somebody failed.
    At what age is old enough?

Try as you might there is no way to stop all bad things from happening.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    13 is too young to trust leaving girls on their own to fend for themselves away from home. Much less, with cellular communication that you have failed to monitor.
    My daughter was in the 8th grade at 13. She was away from home with friends on many occasions. She didn't have a cell phone, but I know kids I the group did.( This is also assuming that this is the case in this event).
    She had after school activities, traveled for sports, stayed at friends, went to movies with friends etc. She had plenty of opportunities to make
    bad decisions. Did she, I don't know, I know I did at that age.

You can't have kids learn to be responsible if you never give them the opportunity. I think 13 is definitely an age where it needs to start.

She is 16 now and I'm getting ready to drop her off at work. Is she old enough for that responsibility?

Unfortunately sometimes bad people do bad things, helicopter parenting and keeping a kid under that close of watch I feel is unhealthy.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My daughter was in the 8th grade at 13. She was away from home with friends on many occasions. She didn't have a cell phone, but I know kids I the group did.( This is also assuming that this is the case in this event).
    She had after school activities, traveled for sports, stayed at friends, went to movies with friends etc. She had plenty of opportunities to make
    bad decisions. Did she, I don't know, I know I did at that age.

You can't have kids learn to be responsible if you never give them the opportunity. I think 13 is definitely an age where it needs to start.

She is 16 now and I'm getting ready to drop her off at work. Is she old enough for that responsibility?

Unfortunately sometimes bad people do bad things, helicopter parenting and keeping a kid under that close of watch I feel is unhealthy.

She is 16 now and I'm getting ready to drop her off at work. Is she old enough for this responsibility?
    Heck, we were roaming the neighborhood on our own at 6 or 7 years old. All day. And sleeping out in the back yard, and roaming at night too. :dunno:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Those two girls never made it to 16. They never made it to 14.

We'll just go ahead and go with it being nobody's fault. Nothing to see here, no one to blame. :n00b:

Good luck with your parenting. Hopefully you all do parent. Good luck to your children, if you don't.

No worry's. A lot of kids can escape a lack of parenting just fine. It's only a small percentage that don't make it.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

We'll just go ahead and go with it being nobody's fault. Nothing to see here, no one to blame. :n00b:

Good luck with your parenting. Hopefully you all do parent. Good luck to your children, if you don't.
    How did you and your wife manage staying home and not going to work while your kids were growing up? You know, so you could watch them 24/7 and never allow them out of your sight? Must've built up quite a good savings before having children eh?

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

My point is you say at 13 they aren't trustworthy, but at 15/16 years old they are going to start driving and working.

That is only a 2-3 year span, at what point in that timeframe do you think they should start learning responsibility? I sure don't want to just throw them to the wolves.

Our little park is sometimes full of young teenagers hanging out. They get dropped off, walk, ride bicycles. I don't believe locking down kids and not promoting them to be decision makers is helpful. I think that's how you end up with people who can't function properly.

Edit: I don't think anyone is saying no one is at fault, but in my experience it's usually the person commiting the crime.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Children have always made mistakes, sadly some of them are fatal, it is not fair to blame parents if we do not have all details.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County

Tell me do you also walk on water.

Top Bottom