• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Yeah, but I wonder if he has any kids...He looks old enough to have adult children the right age.

In one of the interviews he said his son used to play in that area with friends.

He was convicted of felony DUI I think back in 2014-2015, on 3/3/17 his attorney filed a motion for alternative misd sentencing, on the 7th they asked the judge to disregard the motion and then on the 10th a no bond warrant was issued for probation violation. An officer stated that this warrant is related to the murders and that they developed probable cause for it. They are searching the property/home/outbuildings.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    In one of the interviews he said his son used to play in that area with friends.

He was convicted of felony DUI I think back in 2014-2015, on 3/3/17 his attorney filed a motion for alternative misd sentencing, on the 7th they asked the judge to disregard the motion and then on the 10th a no bond warrant was issued for probation violation. An officer stated that this warrant is related to the murders and that they developed probable cause for it. They are searching the property/home/outbuildings.

I hope that they find something....The families of those 2 girls really need some closure on this.

mensajess

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Greenwood
    I've been wondering why more info hasn't been released from the girl's phone. The one released photo looks to me like it was shot from a distance and then zoomed in. it can't be the only photo she took, hopefully there was some video showing a limp, a strange walking pattern, left arm doesn't move normally. I don't want to hear disturbing audio, but she didn't just get three words. Give the public more clues so the public can give more leads.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I hope that they find something....The families of those 2 girls really need some closure on this.

Agreed. News reported that they took a truck away on a flatbed. I've heard that he was in Lafayette for a medical procedure the day that this happened, but no idea if true or not. If true I'm wondering how he got there and back. IMO he didn't do this, but I wonder about family/friends/etc. I've heard again just rumor that there is another guy who lives on his property. The police stated he cooperated at the beginning but not so much now. But I don't necessarily blame him for that.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Agreed. News reported that they took a truck away on a flatbed. I've heard that he was in Lafayette for a medical procedure the day that this happened, but no idea if true or not. If true I'm wondering how he got there and back. IMO he didn't do this, but I wonder about family/friends/etc. I've heard again just rumor that there is another guy who lives on his property. The police stated he cooperated at the beginning but not so much now. But I don't necessarily blame him for that.

You don't blame him for not cooperating?

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    You would have figured that would have looked at him the hardest and swabbed him day one??!

I'm not feeling this one, is this the same guy that did all the TV interviews?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

For listening to his attorney? Not really.

Personally, I'd like to know exactly what is meant by not cooperating.

And this.

I heard the State Police guy earlier say his attorney had advised him to remain silent....which is his right.

Yep.

You would have figured that would have looked at him the hardest and swabbed him day one??!

I'm not feeling this one, is this the same guy that did all the TV interviews?

There are two guys that have done interviews. The property owner where they were found and the one girls Grandfather who I believe was raising her.
    This is the guy that is being held on probation violation and who's property is being searched.
    He comes on about 0:50
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb-eOkWFf2M

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN

I don't. I got hauled off by police one day and questioned…I asked what is this about? Theft. I was dumbfounded and said I want a lawyer, the officer said well your guilty then. Thats when a much higher ranking officer came over and told that officer, "NO it doesn't mean he's guilty!" Told my lawyer I wanted to help and would go back and tell them anything they wanted, I just was kinda dumbfounded by it all. Lawyer told me…"Police don't care if your innocent, they just gotta find someone to throw in jail, you don't tell them anything ever." There is much to learn from this from both sides…..not all cops think the same way…….not all lawyers are correct about police……but I wasn't taking any chances even though I was innocent and falsley accused.

Do they not have DNA from crime scene of the killer? I know the news said they have cleared 200 people from tips and still more to do…..would they be doing or asking to swab suspects?

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    For listening to his attorney? Not really.

And this.

Yep.

There are two guys that have done interviews. The property owner where they were found and the one girls Grandfather who I believe was raising her.
    This is the guy that is being held on probation violation and who's property is being searched.
    He comes on about 0:50
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb-eOkWFf2M

Thank you

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    When my wife saw that early interview with the landowner, she thought he looked like the guy in the picture. I think the jacket is very similar.

And for all the times INGO has advised (myself included) that people should STFU, strange to me that doing so creates a presumption of guilt, or at least of suspiciousness. Human nature, I guess.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    When my wife saw that early interview with the landowner, she thought he looked like the guy in the picture. I think the jacket is very similar.

And for all the times INGO has advised (myself included) that people should STFU, strange to me that doing so creates a presumption of guilt, or at least of suspiciousness. Human nature, I guess.
    I thought it looked like the jacket was reversed

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...for all the times INGO has advised (myself included) that people should STFU, strange to me that doing so creates a presumption of guilt, or at least of suspiciousness. Human nature, I guess.

I guess it is human nature. Nevertheless, my advice would be the same. Refusing to talk until you have your lawyer and have talked to him/her is just common sense. It doesn't mean that you will never talk and it doesn't mean that your side won't be told. There may well be a time and a place to talk, but it is not immediately and without counsel. Anyone who paid attention to "My Cousin Vinnie" should know this.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I guess it is human nature. Nevertheless, my advice would be the same. Refusing to talk until you have your lawyer and have talked to him/her is just common sense. It doesn't mean that you will never talk and it doesn't mean that your side won't be told. There may well be a time and a place to talk, but it is not immediately and without counsel. Anyone who paid atten to "My Cousin Vinnie" should know this.

I watched that because of Marisa Tomei. What was it about?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I guess it is human nature. Nevertheless, my advice would be the same. Refusing to talk until you have your lawyer and have talked to him/her is just common sense. It doesn't mean that you will never talk and it doesn't mean that your side won't be told. There may well be a time and a place to talk, but it is not immediately and without counsel. Anyone who paid attention to "My Cousin Vinnie" should know this.

100% agreed, and I say this every time I see someone doing a TV interview or that it is reported that they are cooperating, etc.
    I've also told both my kids (one now 18, the other almost 17) that they are not to "cooperate" or answer any questions in such situations without lawyer, parent, etc present.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    My first reaction to seeing the grandfather was that, if you put a hat on him, he'd look a lot like the perp.

Ok but they have the landowner not the grandfather.

I guess it works out that they don't have to charge the guy and can keep holding him since they have him on a probation violation.

Top Bottom