Feb 27, 2009

FWJK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    So nothing new then.

Just that they think they may have already met with the killer. Rather than having no idea and the killer has escaped to California or something. Frankly, I was pleased to see an article about it. When we stop hearing about it - means we are farther and farther away from justice or no justice at all.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Just that they think they may have already met with the killer...

They seem to base this solely on the fact that they have talked to a lot of people (including registered sex offenders) and gotten a lot of tips.

It's pure speculation implying progress without offering evidence of any.

FWJK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    They seem to base this solely on the fact that they have talked to a lot of people (including registered sex offenders) and gotten a lot of tips.

Maybe its meant to be some kind of motivation for those working on the case. I am sure morale is getting low...

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I haven't been following the details of the investigation. Do the police/FBI have DNA of the suspect and they are just waiting on results?

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County

I hope that it is not... but almost seems like click bait to me.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm not implying that they should be sharing more information publicly. I'm just saying that the article contains no real information.

I have a tendency to believe that they should not be sharing details of anything unless it is necessary to ask for the public's help, like it was with the picture and voice.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm not implying that they should be sharing more information publicly. I'm just saying that the article contains no real information.

I have a tendency to believe that they should not be sharing details of anything unless it is necessary to ask for the public's help, like it was with the picture and voice.

I generally agree. But, I think its safe to assume the DNA results (if any) are back, and there are no known matches. So, it is someone not already in a database.

The article posted is a re-statement of the idea that its a numbers game. There's 1 guy (at least) that they're looking for. They've talked to alot of people, so it is possible they've already talked to the guy. But that's it. It also assumes the guy is local. Which is a normal assumption, but may not be true.

Personally, I think there are some things they could be sharing to motivate tips, but that's just my opinion. They're the professionals and disciplined, so I'm really hoping they're making the right judgment calls on this.

Top Bottom