It's simply amazes me how desperate the liberals are to keep from getting found out of their treachery.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Could it not also be interpreted Indiana no place?
    Sure it could. But I first heard it from a FIP when I started working for AT&T in Naperville in 1988, when I told him Indy had all of the positives of Chicago, without the shootings. I wouldn't be able to make that point today.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Those that @jetta supports failed to administer the duly passed laws.
    But the law of love trumps federal laws. Love thy neighbor as yourself and support him with other people’s resources. Otherwise, you’re mistreating your neighbor. Who once lived in Haiti, but now lives in Springfield OH, because there wasn’t enough cultural strife in Springfield.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    But the law of love trumps federal laws. Love thy neighbor as yourself and support him with other people’s resources. Otherwise, you’re mistreating your neighbor. Who once lived in Haiti, but now lives in Springfield OH, because there wasn’t enough cultural strife in Springfield.
    I believe Jetta said he was willing to put them in his home.

There is no law of love for the Christian there is a commandment. Since Jetta says he is a Christian, we should expect that commandments trump the law of man when the law contradicts.

If he is advocating for govt money to support his charity that could be an issue. Haven't seen him say that here.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I believe Jetta said he was willing to put them in his home.
    Yes. I saw that. Hopefully he doesn't home the Voodoo practitioners, because they'll probably be quite offended when he proselytizes. Not that anyone should take the spells seriously.

There is no law of love for the Christian there is a commandment.
    Is that not the law of love? Besides, you don't follow the commandments because it is written in the Bible. In this dispensation you follow the law written on your heart. I'm sure Jetta would agree. But this doesn't really have anything to do with immigration.

Since Jetta says he is a Christian, we should expect that commandments trump the law of man when the law contradicts.
    There is no commandment in the Bible that requires a country to house people who aren't culturally compatible. But, there may be odd interpretations that make people say as much on the internet.

If he is advocating for govt money to support his charity that could be an issue. Haven't seen him say that here.

His engagement seems to be. I don't see why the "love commandment" would necessarily trump federal law if he's not making that argument. It would make no sense.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Yes. I saw that. Hopefully he doesn't home the Voodoo practitioners, because they'll probably be quite offended when he proselytizes. Not that anyone should take the spells seriously.

His choice who he brings under his roof.
    His engagement seems to be. I don't see why the "love commandment" would necessarily trump federal law if he's not making that argument. It would make no sense.
    I took it as he is making that argument for himself not applying it to you.

As for biblical commandments concerning welcoming strangers/foreigners etc.

The commandments to love make no exclusions.
    Mt 25:31-46 also comes to mind.
    The other references I would have to locate chapter verse.
    Xenos is the word translated stranger. Can also mean foreigner

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It'd be a learning experience for sure.

Is that not the law of love? Besides, you don't follow the commandments because it is written in the Bible. In this dispensation you follow the law written on your heart. I'm sure Jetta would agree. But this doesn't really have anything to do with immigration.

There is no commandment in the Bible that requires a country to house people who aren't culturally compatible. But, there may be odd interpretations that make people say as much on the internet.
    There's tons of OT commandments to Israel about immigrants, but don't apply in our current situation at all, there are plenty of passages related to hospitality to strangers that absolutely apply.

I am not not necessarily advocating the federal monetarily support refugees. Nor am I saying Christians should in any way interfere with federal immigration laws. I don't condone sanctuaries.

I only speak about what a Christian should be compelled to do.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    They just carted a guy off the field in the Oklahoma Tennessee game. Said he was from Springfield OH. I sure hope his pets are alive to comfort him.

Top Bottom