• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Wasn't it decided that the FBI was brought in to get the phone data?

I wouldn't say decided. For the cell phone it was given as a possible reason to have an agent there, and for info for all the cell phones in the area around that time it was stated that they might/would be able to get them where it would be no way in hell for local/county/state.

Doesn't explain why there was an agent there before they were found to help with organizing a search for 2 girls that it was decided didn't meet the criteria of being in enough danger to issue and amber alert for. Or the 20 a day in and around town each day after that. Along with everything else. And it definitely doesn't explain why the Dir of the FBI had been briefed twice within the first week or so. The last one is what has me really wondering. It could be that the SAIC was blowing smoke about that to make people feel better though.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I wonder if they ran? Or why they didn't?

Wasn't it decided that the FBI was brought in to get the phone data?

That's what I wonder as well. There was 2 girls, if only 1 suspect......why didn't the girls make a run for it, he can't chase you both! Why didn't they scream.....one of them had to be first, I can't imagine the other watching her friend die and not completely freaking out and screaming. There were other people on the trail that day, a husband and wife was walking the trail and said they only seen one other guy(not the suspect) during their walk and heard nothing. I have a hard time believing this guy would use a gun because of noise and don't think he would use a knife because then he would have had blood all over him as he tried escaping....that leaves me thinking he strangled them. I can't imagine how someone can strangle them by himself and no one ever hear a sound.

I hope they solve this soon.....people are sure starting to get paranoid. We had all kinds of cops in our neighborhood last night....pretty sure it had to do with a rumor that is going around that a guy is videoing kids. Any of you hearing of rumors in your towns?

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    That's what I wonder as well. There was 2 girls, if only 1 suspect......why didn't the girls make a run for it, he can't chase you both! Why didn't they scream.....one of them had to be first, I can't imagine the other watching her friend die and not completely freaking out and screaming. There were other people on the trail that day, a husband and wife was walking the trail and said they only seen one other guy(not the suspect) during their walk and heard nothing. I have a hard time believing this guy would use a gun because of noise and don't think he would use a knife because then he would have had blood all over him as he tried escaping....that leaves me thinking he strangled them. I can't imagine how someone can strangle them by himself and no one ever hear a sound.

I hope they solve this soon.....people are sure starting to get paranoid. We had all kinds of cops in our neighborhood last night....pretty sure it had to do with a rumor that is going around that a guy is videoing kids. Any of you hearing of rumors in your towns?

A day is a long time, just because there were other people on the trail that day doesn't mean they were there at the same time or even the same hour. A gun shot in a remote woods isn't that loud if no one is around.

From what rumors have been spread it sounds as though a knife was used.

This video might help paint a better picture of the scene, very remote and isolated.

https://youtu.be/YH3EL8mUQ4g

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    And while my paranoia is still acting up. Does it sound normal to send an FBI agent to help coordinate a search for a 13 and 14 yr old girl who didn't meet the criteria for an amber alert when they hadn't even been missing 18 hrs?

Perhaps the killer left as-yet unreleased information on those cell phones that have caused this investigation to ramp up so exponentially ie nationwide digital billboards and 2 dozen G-men on the ground. A challenge? An itinerary?

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    I'm trying to not comment on this case because we just don't know enough to comment properly IMO. Rumors don't help much of anything ever in life. That being said, I thought immediately upon hearing about this horrific occurrence, why didn't one of them get away and seek help? Given the picture released of the main suspect, he doesn't look like a physically fit person. Surely a young youthful kid could outlast him in a run.

I keep thinking back to the movie "The Green Mile", in which two little sisters were murdered by a monster down by a river,
    that ended up being somewhat close to the family. Mr. Coffey's special gift let's him know that the monster killed the girls with their love for each other. Out of fear for what he would do to their sister, the other wouldn't scream or run.

I'm feeling more and more that this might be the case with this one as well. Though not sisters, they loved each other and were likely hopeful that this wouldn't end the way we all now know it did. So they cooperated up until it was too late. We always say it only takes seconds.

My prayers and broken heart sent out to family and friends as well as all parties involved in this disgusting situation. Minus the demon that did this.

gunsisgood

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    Maine
    Go to about 1:45 in this video and pause, notice anything ?
    Surely a coincidence ?

[video=youtube_share;4vUQgitMXUw]http://youtu.be/4vUQgitMXUw[/video]

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    They are saying that there is no enhancement available for the only picture available. I don't know how anyone can say much definitive from that bad grainy photo?

From folks on here seeing long guns being carried or a local landowner in the photo to the PI on the news making judgements about mullets and bulges in pockets, I think everyone is reaching. Best of intentions, but just guesses.

Although considered a "suspect" is it not still possible that the guy in the photo is not the killer?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Go to about 1:45 in this video and pause, notice anything ?
    Surely a coincidence ?

[video=youtube_share;4vUQgitMXUw]http://youtu.be/4vUQgitMXUw[/video]

Kinda but not really.
    possible%20suspect_1487203168576_55206496_ver1.0_900_675.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'd say in the neighborhood of 20+ years difference, 20 lbs, and numerous shades lighter of the hair. Other than that, dead ringer.

Top Bottom