• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Well, if Blue Falcon would humor me, I'd like him to point out the constitutionality of a few agencies. Where is it exactly? And few means several.
    Ok. This is like a batsignal to me.

I suspect that the agencies you are thinking of were born post-New Deal.

The problem there is (and I forget the case/cases), that SCOTUS basically decided that if Congress and POTUS want to pass legislation that abdicates responsibility for "rule-making" and enforcement from both of them to an agency, and the agency passes rules that would otherwise be constitutional, and enforces them in ways that are constitutional, then the separation of powers/checks and balances provisions of the constitution allow it.

It is not what the constitution intended. But is constitutional.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ok. This is like a batsignal to me.

I suspect that the agencies you are thinking of were born post-New Deal.

The problem there is (and I forget the case/cases), that SCOTUS basically decided that if Congress and POTUS want to pass legislation that abdicates responsibility for "rule-making" and enforcement from both of them to an agency, and the agency passes rules that would otherwise be constitutional, and enforces them in ways that are constitutional, then the separation of powers/checks and balances provisions of the constitution allow it.

It is not what the constitution intended. But is constitutional.

Why shouldn't we get rid of congress then? Let the POTUS make all the rules by executive authority. I mean, as long as the rules he makes are "constitutional" why bother with a representative legislative body at all?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Why shouldn't we get rid of congress then? Let the POTUS make all the rules by executive authority. I mean, as long as the rules he makes are "constitutional" why bother with a representative legislative body at all?

Frank? Frank Roosevelt? Is that you?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Frank? Frank Roosevelt? Is that you?

Yes. Yes it is. I come to you bearing a new deal for Americans. Let's just dispense with all this silly representative people's government thing. You should just trust me to make you feel better. Congress doesn't get anything done anyway. They keep arguing about what to do to make America better. Pfft. I KNOW how to make America better. See, all we have to do. See, there's this thing called a "ponzi scheme". And I've figured out a way to make future generations pay for your retirement. I think you'll like it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yes. Yes it is. I come to you bearing a new deal for Americans. Let's just dispense with all this silly representative people's government thing. You should just trust me to make you feel better. Congress doesn't get anything done anyway. They keep arguing about what to do to make America better. Pfft. I KNOW how to make America better. See, all we have to do. See, there's this thing called a "ponzi scheme". And I've figured out a way to make future generations pay for your retirement. I think you'll like it.

[golf clap]

Well played, sir. Well played.

(You left out the part about government being the cure for economic troubles.)

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Crowley, 48, began her political career as a foreign policy assistant to former President Richard Nixon from 1990 to 1994, well after he resigned from office.

Good choice. I think they should have checked their dates better.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Actually, it was a reading error on my part. I saw Nixon, the dates and foreign policy adviser and it didn't gist up.

I had no idea that a former president needed a foreign policy adviser.

After I posted it I reread it and realized my mistake, but didn't want to rob anyone of pointing it out.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Juan Williams, idiot liberal in FoxNews goes sexist and says "she has 4 kids, how can she have time for it?"

She replied: "well I don't have a mistress and I don't golf so I should have a lot more time than some of the men in these positions"

Haha, BOOM

Ooohhh Snap!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    That's a GREAT line. :D

And, Williams is still old guard. I think GenXers and millennials don't even understand the "but how can she have time" question. She does what she does and she does it well. Her "life balance" is up to her.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Im ok with this. I just glad he didn't pick the extremely hot chick who said Obama started our wars in the Middle East (she wanted the job). Been nice to look at, but she was an idiot.
    Just wait, Melania might still get appointed to something. ;)

Wasn't that part of Michelle's speech that she cribbed?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Complicit media, they would have gone nuts if Obama's cabinet had been threatened in this manner.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Jared Kirshner named as "senior advisor."

What's INGO think about that? I'm not totally against nepotism, sometimes you need someone you trust in a certain role.

But it does seem like he's an odd choice. If he's just plugging family members into government employment, that's not good.

Top Bottom