• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The best guy for a federal post is a guy who wants to eliminate it? You don't think that's a tad....err.....drastic? I'd agree, if you said limit an agency's powers in respect to the American people, but being an agency's head and actively working to eliminate it, is subversive.

I'd say it this way. The best guy for a federal post that *I* think should be eliminated, is a person who also wants it eliminated. Could be guy or gal tho.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    The best guy for a federal post is a guy who wants to eliminate it? You don't think that's a tad....err.....drastic? I'd agree, if you said limit an agency's powers in respect to the American people, but being an agency's head and actively working to eliminate it, is subversive.

Subversive? That's a drastic word. I guess it depends on how it's done. If by costing large sums of money, destruction of property, espionage and/or exposing the nation to risk then I suppose that would be subversive. But if by reducing its scope and power closer to zero, saving large sums of money, while maintaining national security, then that would not be subversive. It would be patriotic.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Technically, sorta. :)

I mean, Congress, controlling the purse strings, can withhold budget dollars unless certain actions are taken or pass laws to enact the rules. (That was the original intent, frankly.)

But, enforcement is an executive function. The executive-appointed director can absolutely slow walk things, or fast track certain other things. It comes down to priorities.

Changing rules is a process that is rarely slow, and sometimes subject to litigation. But it can be done.

But if you're appointed to head the ... oh, let's say ... Dept. of Education, but your mission is to end that dept. If congress does withhold budget dollars because the agency head won't 'play ball', is that not still mission accomplished? Whether it starves or you strangle it, it's still dead

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Your opinion is worth exactly as much as mine. With that and a buck seven you can get a drink at Mickey D,s.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    But if you're appointed to head the ... oh, let's say ... Dept. of Education, but your mission is to end that dept. If congress does withhold budget dollars because the agency head won't 'play ball', is that not still mission accomplished? Whether it starves or you strangle it, it's still dead

:yesway::yesway::yesway: Me, myself and I approve of this message.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

Heading up a federal agency and actively working to expand it is subversive. Trying to kill it is...awesome.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Unless it is the executive's will. Then it is following orders. That's what I think these appointments signal - that Trump will try to curtail many of the agencies.

Time will tell to what extent that's really a good idea.

Also, lets' realize that these agencies were created by Congressional act. It will take an act of Congress (literally) to eliminate them.

*.*

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Don't feel bad, Kut... a LOT of people seem to miss that qualification... Stated / pointed out or not, it exists.

AP (Wishes that more people didn't miss it)
    :D

Well, if Blue Falcon would humor me, I'd like him to point out the constitutionality of a few agencies. Where is it exactly? And few means several.

Top Bottom