• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You do realize you're arguing over something that hasn't even been officially announced?

A couple of weeks ago Romney was a shoe-in for SOS. Given the media's ****-poor record of prognostication these past few months (try saying THAT five times fast) I'll wait until I see a Tweet or press conference from the President-Elect.

And in the meantime, Kut . . .

hqdefault.jpg

Oh, I'm clear. We have to wait until the next episode to find out who he "might" pick for the position.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Oh Mea Culpa. What are you asking for a link too, and more importantly if provided, will it change your opinion? If not, what's the point of challenging blind loyalty?

So we could have just ignored ... certain irritants ... for the last eight years. Who knew?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Rex Tillerson for Secretary of State. I'd heard floated that Bolton will be chief deputy.

I think that'd be a fair division of roles: figure head and person who actually knows stuff.

Kinda like the POTUS - Veep dynamic. ;)

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Rick Perry, Secretary of Energy.

Hahah really? That's hilarious. Running the agency he couldn't remember he wanted to eliminate.

"I... I can't... Oops"
    Gonna have a Ron Swanson situation going on

[video]https://youtu.be/oA9XQB12Q4U?t=2m26s[/video]

Last edited:

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'll heap some praise on Trump here; Gingrich, Guilliani and Chris 'get on the plane and go home' Christie still haven't gotten anything.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Hahah really? That's hilarious. Running the agency he couldn't remember he wanted to eliminate.

"I... I can't... Oops"
    Gonna have a Ron Swanson situation going on

[video]https://youtu.be/oA9XQB12Q4U?t=2m26s[/video]

The best man for any Federal post is the guy who wants to eliminate it.

As for Rex Tillerson I just saw the MSM take on him so I am 100% for him.

Back before there was any conservative news, I used to listen to NPR. Whatever stance they took on any issue I took a 180 view and I was RIGHT 99.44% of the time.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

Back before there was any conservative news, I used to listen to NPR. Whatever stance they took on any issue I took a 180 view and I was RIGHT 99.44% of the time.

That's a good way to go about it ha NPR puts out a lot of good programming, just takes a little thinking to draw your own conclusions. If conservatives put out anything educational I'd gladly listen, unfortunately it all seems to be talking heads yelling their opinions into the mic.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I did like the content. I enjoy classical music, true science, Click & Clack and even ultra liberal Garrison Keeler.

The tipping point for me was on a long trip listening to so called science. The first authoritative program explained that conifers evolved before deciduous trees because their seeds were lower on the evolutionary scale. That was followed immediately by another authority on things man has never seen or replicated in a laboratory stating that deciduous thees evolved first because if conifers had come first they would have shaded out the shorter trees and they never would have been.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I Listened to NPR growing up. Father would always have it on in the car. Cant stand it now.... almost as bad as listening to the IU sports radio guy

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

The best guy for a federal post is a guy who wants to eliminate it? You don't think that's a tad....err.....drastic? I'd agree, if you said limit an agency's powers in respect to the American people, but being an agency's head and actively working to eliminate it, is subversive.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The best guy for a federal post is a guy who wants to eliminate it? You don't think that's a tad....err.....drastic? I'd agree, if you said limit an agency's powers in respect to the American people, but being an agency's head and actively working to eliminate it, is subversive.
    Unless it is the executive's will. Then it is following orders. That's what I think these appointments signal - that Trump will try to curtail many of the agencies.

Time will tell to what extent that's really a good idea.

Also, lets' realize that these agencies were created by Congressional act. It will take an act of Congress (literally) to eliminate them.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Unless it is the executive's will. Then it is following orders. That's what I think these appointments signal - that Trump will try to curtail many of the agencies.

Time will tell to what extent that's really a good idea.

Also, lets' realize that these agencies were created by Congressional act. It will take an act of Congress (literally) to eliminate them.

This is true. But, could an act of Congress stop them from figuratively sitting on their hands and doing nothing, or even better, rolling back some of the regulations that they (the agencies) instated?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    This is true. But, could an act of Congress stop them from figuratively sitting on their hands and doing nothing, or even better, rolling back some of the regulations that they (the agencies) instated?

Technically, sorta. :)

I mean, Congress, controlling the purse strings, can withhold budget dollars unless certain actions are taken or pass laws to enact the rules. (That was the original intent, frankly.)

But, enforcement is an executive function. The executive-appointed director can absolutely slow walk things, or fast track certain other things. It comes down to priorities.

Changing rules is a process that is rarely slow, and sometimes subject to litigation. But it can be done.

Top Bottom