• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Sounds like you're willing to give him a fair chance !

A fair chance is seeing if he delivers on what he promised to do (i.e. Coloring within the lines). If he doesn't deliver, or varies significantly from the implementation of his promises, he is indeed redrawing the picture, and will open to criticism. Right?

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    One of the major tv news channels did a segment on Trump's appointment of his son in law as chief advisor on tonite's 6 o'clock news. Tone of the piece was that Trumps appointment of his SIL was on the edge of being unethical. Apparently there was a lot of fallout after John Kennnedy appointed his brother Bobbie to the position of Attorney General and a a result this practice has been frowned upon and discouraged. In fairness, the news commentator did point out Bill Clinton's appointment of someone named Hillary Clinton to take the point on a public health care initiative when he was president. I've heard it rumored that Bill and Hillary are related. The commentator wryly stated the Dems weren't too critical of that appointment at the time !

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    A fair chance is seeing if he delivers on what he promised to do (i.e. Coloring within the lines). If he doesn't deliver, or varies significantly from the implementation of his promises, he is indeed redrawing the picture, and will open to criticism. Right?

As long as a fair assessment of what the "original" picture was is given. Sometimes it seems the picture, as painted by the critics, is a little out of focus. We're all in for a long four years of handwringing and teeth gnashing before this is over, I'm afraid !

In the spirit of full disclosure I do wish someone would tie up Trump's thumbs !

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    As long as a fair assessment of what the "original" picture was is given. Sometimes it seems the picture, as painted by the critics, is a little out of focus. We're all in for a long four years of handwringing and teeth gnashing before this is over, I'm afraid !

In the spirit of full disclosure I do wish someone would tie up Trump's thumbs !

Twitter is a major point of contention with me, as well. He's only hurting himself with it. He could, admittedly, be more popular if he simply stayed away from the medium. Some things the president should be above, and if he just has to make a statement against a specific person, do so infrequently.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Twitter is a major point of contention with me, as well. He's only hurting himself with it. He could, admittedly, be more popular if he simply stayed away from the medium. Some things the president should be above, and if he just has to make a statement against a specific person, do so infrequently.

I disagree. Trump is experiencing a more adversarial relationship with The Fourth Estate than anyone since Reagan. Ronald Reagan was able to go over the Media's (and Congress') heads by utilizing television - a medium with which he was intimately familiar, having used it to communicate both in acting and in politics prior to his election as POTUS. Trump, on the other hand, has used Twitter to bypass a rabidly critical new media to good effect. He's comfortable with it in the same way Reagan was, and social media are much harder to isolate and minimize than television or radio access. We put up with all the crap from Obama who HAD access to friendly news media to carry his water; we can handle four years of Trump's "twitterisms."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I disagree. Trump is experiencing a more adversarial relationship with The Fourth Estate than anyone since Reagan. Ronald Reagan was able to go over the Media's (and Congress') heads by utilizing television - a medium with which he was intimately familiar, having used it to communicate both in acting and in politics prior to his election as POTUS. Trump, on the other hand, has used Twitter to bypass a rabidly critical new media to good effect. He's comfortable with it in the same way Reagan was, and social media are much harder to isolate and minimize than television or radio access. We put up with all the crap from Obama who HAD access to friendly news media to carry his water; we can handle four years of Trump's "twitterisms."

Reagan got his political message out through his chosen medium, not attacking private individuals, acting troupes, govt agencies, and making threats.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Ben Shapiro made an interesting point the other day. I'll paraphrase in a way that is relevant here. We shouldn't be surprised at the antics of Trump because obama has conditioned America for a progressively less presidential president. When have we ever had a president drop the mic on purpose? When have we ever had a president whose speeches often sound like a standup comedy routine? When have we had the president make this many appearances on late night talk shows? Both he and Trump are big personality entertainers. It's disingenuous to complain that trump acts less presidential than Obama when Obama has acted less presidential than any other president in any living person's lifetime.

People need to decide. Do we want a charismatic entertainer? Or. Not? Trumpers voted for their version of that. and so Trump will either ratchet the standards downwards for the next president, or we're going to decide as a nation that maybe there is something better about having a dignified president who doesn't drop mics, doesn't insult half the nation, doesn't act like the entertainer-in-chief. If we want a dignified president than it works that way on both sides of the isle.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Who better to get Trumps message out than Trump?
    We KNOW for a fact the media manipulates facts to fit their narrative including doctoring audio.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ben Shapiro made an interesting point the other day. I'll paraphrase in a way that is relevant here. We shouldn't be surprised at the antics of Trump because obama has conditioned America for a progressively less presidential president. When have we ever had a president drop the mic on purpose? When have we ever had a president whose speeches often sound like a standup comedy routine? When have we had the president make this many appearances on late night talk shows? Both he and Trump are big personality entertainers. It's disingenuous to complain that trump acts less presidential than Obama when Obama has acted less presidential than any other president in any living person's lifetime.

People need to decide. Do we want a charismatic entertainer? Or. Not? Trumpers voted for their version of that. and so Trump will either ratchet the standards downwards for the next president, or we're going to decide as a nation that maybe there is something better about having a dignified president who doesn't drop mics, doesn't insult half the nation, doesn't act like the entertainer-in-chief. If we want a dignified president than it works that way on both sides of the isle.

The problem isn't Twitter. It potentially could be a very good tool for the president-elect. Like any tool, it's not the medium, but how it is used. Trump is using Twitter, as a platform to attack people, disparage private organizations, and whine about unfairness. He can go on all the TV shows he wants, idk, but it would be nice to have him act like an adult.

And how old is Ben Shapiro? He probably does remember Nixon on Laugh-In. But who can forget Clinton on MTV or on Arsenio? And he says Obama is the flashpoint of that trend?
    Hell, one things for certain; Putin would never do this type of stuff. Can you imagine him at a rap show???

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The problem isn't Twitter. It potentially could be a very good tool for the president-elect. Like any tool, it's not the medium, but how it is used. Trump is using Twitter, as a platform to attack people, disparage private organizations, and whine about unfairness. He can go on all the TV shows he wants, idk, but it would be nice to have him act like an adult.
    He ridicules through twitter as a political tool against his enemies. Obama ridicules through the talk show circuit as a political tool against his enemies. Neither is acceptable. But it's what we have. Changing world.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    He ridicules through twitter as a political tool against his enemies. Obama ridicules through the talk show circuit as a political tool against his enemies. Neither is acceptable. But it's what we have. Changing world.

and from foreign soil. Don't forget those gems

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    About all the Russian stuff. So Putin wanted Hillary to lose because Hilary interfered in his election. And then Hillary complained that Russians interfeed in our election. Now I'm not condoning the Russian hack. But hearing Hillary whine about Russian interference is just silly coming from someone who interfered with Russia. I think, jeez, it would be nice to be indignant with the Russians but it's kinda hard to be sincere about it when we're doing it too.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana

And how old is Ben Shapiro? He probably does remember Nixon on Laugh-In. But who can forget Clinton on MTV or on Arsenio? And he says Obama is the flashpoint of that trend?
    Hell, one things for certain; Putin would never do this type of stuff. Can you imagine him at a rap show???

This is bizarro. I must be in a parallel universe. I actually agree with what you said ! :+1:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I still have not seen evidence of a Russian hack

For the sake of discussion and my point, it can be assumed. If the alleged "hack" happened, and it was in retaliation for the ***** interfering with Russian elections on the US's behalf, she can't legitimately complain about it. I actually heard a liberal talk show host justify it in that context. He said something to the effect that we should still be outraged that the Russians tried to influence our elections, even if we tried to influence theirs. ****ing unbelievable!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Regardless of whether the supposed Russian hack happened or not, the timing is for political reasons. Obama "fixed" this problem when it was discovered, he told them "knock it off." :rolleyes:

We are allowing the libs/media to dictate the narrative here. Their time is up.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Brighter Days.....

2015-selma-sessionslewis.jpg
    2015-selma-sessionslewis.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Ballard, interviewing for Trump admin job, says he's 'deeply impressed' with transition team | 2017-01-11 | Indianapolis Business Journal | IBJ.com

Former Indianapolis Mayor Greg Ballard said he was “deeply impressed” following a meeting in New York City on Wednesday with President-elect Donald Trump’s transition team.
    Robert Vane, the former two-term Republican mayor’s spokesman, said Ballard was invited to come out to New York to have a discussion about joining the administration in some capacity.

“We had a wide-ranging discussion, and I was deeply impressed by the knowledge and professionalism of the people in the room,” Ballard said in a statement. “It is an honor to be asked to participate in this process, and I look forward to further conversations.”...

Top Bottom