• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Oh, my mistake. Removing 800 polling locations was meant to make voting easier.

Dude, you gotta start getting your talking points from someplace besides NPR. Both parties and innumerable other organizations will drive you to a polling location if you ask. That is if you decided not to vote absentee. These situations have only improved over the last few years.

Sometimes you have the most insightful criticisms, other times you just swallow the crap you hear without question. Guess it boils down to confirmation bias, which is something we all battle.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh, my mistake. Removing 800 polling locations was meant to make voting easier.

So you're not going to address the real reason why people didn't show up for Hillary? Okay. That's fine. We will instead talk about the much less impacting great [STRIKE]right[/STRIKE] white wing conspiracy to disenfranchise Democrats by eliminating 800 polling locations.

Okay, so let me get the logic of this straight. Republican controlled districts, which would go to Republicans anyway (hence "controlled"), purposefully closed polling places, not to save money, but to disenfranchise Democrats who aren't going to win anyway because, it's Republican controlled. And this somehow affected the result appreciably?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I just read about a sob story from a Latina in Arizona. Had to wait in line hours to vote because of those mean ole rubes. But why didn they talk about the people in Detroit who were standing in line for hours? Did those mean Rubes close Detroit's too?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm sure "Removing 800 polling locations" certainly made it more difficult for the dead people, illegal aliens and foreign college students to vote.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So you're not going to address the real reason why people didn't show up for Hillary? Okay. That's fine. We will instead talk about the much less impacting great [STRIKE]right[/STRIKE] white wing conspiracy to disenfranchise Democrats by eliminating 800 polling locations.

Okay, so let me get the logic of this straight. Republican controlled districts, which would go to Republicans anyway (hence "controlled"), purposefully closed polling places, not to save money, but to disenfranchise Democrats who aren't going to win anyway because, it's Republican controlled. And this somehow affected the result appreciably?

So by this logic, before the Voting Rights Act, poll taxes, grandfather clauses, and intimidation of people who just happened to be at polls, by Democrats, wasn't about voter suppression because even if black people did vote, those states would go to the Democrats anyway? So, I gotta ask, what reason did those devices exist?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

5>2

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Detroit (Wayne Co.)has 1171 precincts,and they got it all messed up.Maybe they have too many?

You have an argument when speaking of places with dwindling residency. Is this what you believe is evident in all the other jurisdictions?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So by this logic, before the Voting Rights Act, poll taxes, grandfather clauses, and intimidation of people who just happened to be at polls, by Democrats, wasn't about voter suppression because even if black people did vote, those states would go to the Democrats anyway? So, I gotta ask, what reason did those devices exist?

The times and methodology evolve. I expect you are familiar with the argument that early gun control legislation in this country was aimed at controlling minorities. Do you think this is still the case?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The times and methodology evolve. I expect you are familiar with the argument that early gun control legislation in this country was aimed at controlling minorities. Do you think this is still the case?

Yes

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Unless you are counting US as minorities, I must disagree. The push for national gun control, I feel, is firmly targeted at law-abiding citizens of all ethnicities who don't/won't drink the progressive kool-aid

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So Rudy is out, 'eh? And now the prime candidate is a guy who's never held a job outside of Exxon, pals around with Putin, and has even received Russia's highest award for non-Russians? And this is for Secretary of State? Lawd. Ok, I guess I have to get used to saying "Mother America" and "Comrade," but if a commissar comes to my house and attempts to replace my whiskey with vodka, there going to be a fight.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So Rudy is out, 'eh? And now the prime candidate is a guy who's never held a job outside of Exxon, pals around with Putin, and has even received Russia's highest award for non-Russians? And this is for Secretary of State? Lawd. Ok, I guess I have to get used to saying "Mother America" and "Comrade," but if a commissar comes to my house and attempts to replace my whiskey with vodka, there going to be a fight.

So other than successfully running one of the largest companies in the history of the US and likely striking deals with dozens of foreign countries, he has no experience to be secretary of state. And what did Clinton do?

What do YOU think qualifies someone for SOS?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    So other than successfully running one of the largest companies in the history of the US and likely striking deals with dozens of foreign countries, he has no experience to be secretary of state. And what did Clinton do?

Hey she came up with the brilliant "reset button"

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

exactly! Kut if you were some multi billionaire who ran successful companies I might care what you think.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

The better question, is to ask what I think disqualifies a person for SOS. Stuff like business interests in foreign nations, and opposing US policy toward a nation because it interferes with your bottom line. Like say... Hmmm....criticizing sanctioning a nation for the invasion of another because it could hurt your business. But hey, with a net worth of over $100 M, at least he's like us regular folk, and not another billionaire.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Maybe I need to go back to college and read up on this new acceptance of govt. I wonder if the United Negro College Fund will pony up some dough at my age?

Top Bottom