• Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Am I? There's a well established history of the denial of the admission of citizenship concerning persons of color. It's been a steady progression every time barriers were broken, or attempted to be. From the 3/5th Compromise, Dred Scott, the military, Seperate but Equal.... etc, etc, etc. History overwhelmingly supports the notion. So when it came to the most recent barrier, the presidency, it's not a huge leap, nor even a minor "stoop," to as the reason "why," this appears to have happened again, and look to the traditional reasonings as the answer.
    No one has been able to offer a single shred of evidence concerning Obama's mother's departure from the states, her return, a Kenyan birth certificate, British transit documents, custom documents... nada. The only excuse? Well, they must not have kept good enough records in the 60s...not the Americans, not the British, not the Kenyans.... wow, amazingly convenient for a nations that have been known, individually, to keep meticulous records. And we're supposed to believes that they ALL dropped the ball in this one specific instance?

Kut, I (among roughly half the population) despise Obama for the same set of reasons why I despise people named Clinton of either gender and you are telling me that it isn't that, it's because he is black. Billy Jeff never had such questions raised because we could trace his life back to the day he was separated from the afterbirth, not because he is white.

What format was it in? From my recollection the WH website had a PDF of the birth certificate available for download.

Why is it different? Not sure, unless that the Consititution doesn't mention any requirement for a candidate or president to prove their eligibility.

Third, yep he has lied his ass off about all sorts of things. What specific lie are you referring to?

The image first posted on the WH website was posted as a free-standing image on the page. After it was discovered that strange things happened when you tried copying it, they changed it after a couple of days.

OK, if you are going to go down that path, the Constitution doesn't require me to provide proof of eligibility to do a damned thing, but that doesn't change the fact I am required to do so. In fact, one would think the Second Amendment would be a stronger protection against required proof of eligibility than mere absence of specific requirements with the president.

Obama claimed prior to the decision to run for president that he was born in Kenya. Granny said he was born in Kenya. Now he says he was born in Hawaii. At minimum, he lied in one instance or the other given that he has made two mutually exclusive declarations.

Oh, and on that note:

That's debatable. It's unknown if she was referring to Sr. or Jr.

If this is correct, given that she specifically mentioned being born in Kenya and growing up to be the president of the United States, she must also have been confused about which one of them became president.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I for one thought that there likely was a birth certificate but there was something about it that his family wished to remain private, quite possibly something embarrassing given the level of prevarication.

Like most scandals, the more wildly the catch fought the hook the more interested one was in landing the fish

I acknowledge that there may be a desire on Obama's part not to 'feed the troll' because for some no amount of evidence will ever be enough, but releasing an amateur electronic forgery sure didn't help matters

I've heard various "theories" put forth, that Obama's parents weren't married, that Obama Sr wasn't the father, etc.

And I wouldn't say that is most scandals. Most at least IME are usually fairly ho hum, at least when viewed through today's standards.

And I've seen allegations of it being a forgery, but no proof. As I stated up thread the creator of the program that was used to convert it to a PDF stated that what it shown was standard for any document using that program.

windmills_zpsn5uvcrpj.jpg

Can't refute so gif?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    ... And I've seen allegations of it being a forgery, but no proof. As I stated up thread the creator of the program that was used to convert it to a PDF stated that what it shown was standard for any document using that program.

Barack Obama Birth Certificate : snopes.com

Obama's birth certificate: Final chapter | PolitiFact

Point taken. As a casual user of my wife's Adobe products I am personally aware of a tendency to carry far to many layers, usually discovered (at least by me) in the size difference between a jpeg imported and the file after a simple addition of some lettering. I have seen as high as 11 layers generated when I didn't like initial attempts and went back and changed font or size or wrapped the lettering. Insufficient user headspace. Wasn't really aware OCR did this automatically, mostly because OCR doesn't work all that well anyway and haven't relied on it much

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Another shining endorsement.

North Korean state paper praises Donald Trump - POLITICO

An editorial published Tuesday heaps praise on Trump as a "wise politician" and a "far-sighted presidential candidate," according to a report by NKNews.org, which noted that the article referred to many of the presumptive Republican nominee's statements on foreign policy with respect to North Korea in particular.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So, is this a real endorsement or is Little Kim playing games to torpedo the only candidate who is not very likely to put up with his crap.

Yes, because the Kim family is replete with brilliant strategists. ;)

BTW, perhaps because I had to digest the last 2+ pages of this thread in one sitting, did anyone else notice the successful distraction away from Trump's strange racial/country-of-origin attack on the federal judge? I didn't really see a defense of his statement other than to regurgitate the birther issue.

Does INGO have any opinion on whether Trump's statement was defensible? Or is it more election-cycle pandering, which is ok from him?

Also, what's the deal with Mark Cuban and Trump (and I'm looking at you GPIChunhuirhshun, INGO Twitterverse Guru)? I don't do twitter much, but I follow Cuban, and there was some odd things over the weekend about FEC filings and bond liquidation that seemed directed at Trump, but I'm not sure.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Ya think? What exactly do you think Trump is willing to do that previous presidents weren't?

Well, given that our present resident of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue has built a foreign policy on apology, taking a posture of fealty, and stopping just short of crawling under the desks of foreign heads of state, and Hillary is for sale for anyone with enough jack to get her personal attention (which Little Kim could manage) and has demonstrated her unwillingness to take on a hostile group of non-state actors in Benghazi, she sure isn't going to push back. By contrast, I just don't see Trump sucking Little Kim's plumbing.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, given that our present resident of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue has built a foreign policy on apology, taking a posture of fealty, and stopping just short of crawling under the desks of foreign heads of state, and Hillary is for sale for anyone with enough jack to get her personal attention (which Little Kim could manage) and has demonstrated her unwillingness to take on a hostile group of non-state actors in Benghazi, she sure isn't going to push back. By contrast, I just don't see Trump sucking Little Kim's plumbing.

I'm the last person to say Obama's foreign policy is a shining example, but to say he's been a doormat to foreign govts, is IMO quite incorrect. There are missles in Poland, more soldiers in Baltics, ships running though China's "claimed" territory, ramping up wars/conflicts we should be well out of. How is this a position of fealty?

So again, I'll ask, what do you think Trump will do that other presidents haven't, specifically, in regards to North Korea?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    BTW, perhaps because I had to digest the last 2+ pages of this thread in one sitting, did anyone else notice the successful distraction away from Trump's strange racial/country-of-origin attack on the federal judge? I didn't really see a defense of his statement other than to regurgitate the birther issue.

Does INGO have any opinion on whether Trump's statement was defensible? Or is it more election-cycle pandering, which is ok from him?

I will take responsibility for #1645, which at the time was just meant to be a quick, smart*** riff off of #1644. The answer to both questions should be, by inspection, no

Given that, hopefully I can safely assume that Trump meant to point to the judge's ethnic heritage (because if he was actually a mexican national he could not be a federal judge) as a possible reason why the judge may not be completely impartial.

Is it defensible, I don't know. I haven't bothered to do a goto on this particular judge, the case or any of Trump's legal proceedings. I do know that the impartiality (or lack thereof) of judges deemed hostile to an individual's positions is pretty regular fare on INGO. I do not necessarily think that any judge we will meet in this lifetime can be perfectly impartial and would not let personal dislike/contempt for the plaintiff - or even political concerns- color their rulings

It seems it could be smart legal posturing either to engender more scrupulous even-handedness on thge judge's part or perhaps as grounds for an appeal.

I suppose I would ask you, would you be so outraged if his lawyer had made the remark or would you consider it more what I refer to immediately above

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Given that, hopefully I can safely assume that Trump meant to point to the judge's ethnic heritage (because if he was actually a mexican national he could not be a federal judge) as a possible reason why the judge may not be completely impartial.
    It seems it could be smart legal posturing either to engender more scrupulous even-handedness on thge judge's part or perhaps as grounds for an appeal.

I suppose I would ask you, would you be so outraged if his lawyer had made the remark or would you consider it more what I refer to immediately above

First, the judge was born in Indiana. So, any attack on heritage is based on the name. Would be like claiming a Justice O'Connor was Irish and perhaps inebriated while on the bench. Or that a Justice Frankenfurter was an Austrian authoritarian.*

Second, if it was the lawyer that said it, I'd be even more offended. When said by members of the bar, that kind of thing is properly the subject of discipline. When uttered by Trump, it is just more grandstanding and schism-inducing rhetoric like we've come to expect. And to ignore.

*Interestingly, he was actually Austrian. His family emigrated to the US when he was young. :)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    First, the judge was born in Indiana. So, any attack on heritage is based on the name.

But not necessarily inaccurate (source is wikipedia but the cites seem sound)

Curiel was born in East Chicago, Indiana,[1][2] to Mexican parents.[3][4]

[h=2]References[edit][/h]

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    But not necessarily inaccurate (source is wikipedia but the cites seem sound)

Curiel was born in East Chicago, Indiana,[1][2] to Mexican parents.[3][4]

Ok. So Mexican-ness, and the apparent prejudices that go with it, is something that persists through to at least 1 generation removed? That is now a legitimate critique of judges? Or heck, a legitimate critique of anyone?

Do we really believe that a judge's legal rulings against Trump would be based more on personal enmity than on legal justification? If so, how does that explain the court of appeals opinion affirming the trial court? Are they all Mexican? Or some combination of Mexican and other ethnicity/national heritage that is distasteful?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom