• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    It's nice to have caliber commonality, but 9mm can't come close to 300 BLK in power, range and wounding capability.
    A consideration that may be more important than saving a couple of bills.

Over 1000 ft. lbs. of energy and .30 caliber bullets out of a lightweight, compact package:

View attachment 381190

I saw that one, and CDNN has to throw in the new KT Sub 2k gen 3 for $399..,G19 version.. decisions…
    Dang, that PSA keeps calling my name "Take me Chris, Take me" ( no dirty stuff implied, or meant)

Last edited:

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    I'm a Certified Geezer, so my go-to pair is a Dan Wesson M15-2, 4" and my beloved Timberwolf .357 pump carbine. Works for me. YMMV.

Sc1873

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2023
    Brown County
    Just go with 12g shockwave and add Defender tactical short shell kit, allows you to use both short shells and standard can even mix them together, unless you get one of new S models that has factory short shell kit. Copies the Mossberg stuff allowing us to upgrade older shotguns since Mossberg won’t sell the parts. I put in mine works great.

three50seven

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    Miami County
    You need to consider what your intended/practical use for it will be. The Shockwave would be useful for getting yourself out of immediately threatening situations, but beyond that it is pretty much useless.

If the situation would arise that would require me to leave my vehicle and walk home or somewhere safe, I would feel much better with some sort of carbine with higher capacity and greater range. I typically carry a Kel-Tec Sub2k and a PSA Dagger in my truck. both use G17 mags. If something were to happen That would force me to hoof it; (terrorist attack, emp, lock-down, etc.) I can put the dagger in a holster and fold the Sub2k up and slip it into the (very non-tactical) backpack that I keep in my truck, along with my other get-home susupplies. This should allow me to make my way to my destination without raising too much suspicion. At least that's my theory anyway.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    You need to consider what your intended/practical use for it will be. The Shockwave would be useful for getting yourself out of immediately threatening situations, but beyond that it is pretty much useless.

If the situation would arise that would require me to leave my vehicle and walk home or somewhere safe, I would feel much better with some sort of carbine with higher capacity and greater range. I typically carry a Kel-Tec Sub2k and a PSA Dagger in my truck. both use G17 mags. If something were to happen That would force me to hoof it; (terrorist attack, emp, lock-down, etc.) I can put the dagger in a holster and fold the Sub2k up and slip it into the (very non-tactical) backpack that I keep in my truck, along with my other get-home susupplies. This should allow me to make my way to my destination without raising too much suspicion. At least that's my theory anyway.
    The decision has been made, see above, It saddens me to think it could be lost in a tragic boating accident....
    I have most of the common calibers....9mm, .38/.357, .223, .308. this if the first new (to me) caliber I've ever bought, excited to see what it will do.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just bought this at PSA, transferring at a LGS… so excited, and I just can’t hide it….

I might suggest researching a linear comp of some sort for that sweet pistol?

I have a KVP on my 8.5" 300blk. It seems to quiet the pistol somewhat, by pushing the blast forward. The more noticeable difference is that the concussion to the shooter is lessened.

The cheaper flash cans are supposed to function similarly, but I have not done a lot of testing to try that out.

:twocents:

Last edited:

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    The decision has been made, see above, It saddens me to think it could be lost in a tragic boating accident....
    I have most of the common calibers....9mm, .38/.357, .223, .308. this if the first new (to me) caliber I've ever bought, excited to see what it will do.
    And so it begins...the journey to put 300AAC on your shelves!

Congrats and can't wait to hear how you like it.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Really like the 44 mag lever gun above. Great option for not-go gun friendly states like *cough* our neighbor.
    If you aren't traveling to the west, go with an AR.
    I really like the Decked truck bed drawer system for a discreet storage option, if you're in a truck.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    These kind of suck. I thought the same thing and got one. Recoil is insane for a pistol round.

I wonder how the sub2000 recoil compares to the 300blk pistol our OP ordered?

I know the first time I shot a sub2000, the recoil was unnervingly sharp. Whereas my 300blk pistol seems very manageable.

:dunno:

Top Bottom