Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That's correct, but decisions have consequences.

Much like the decision millions of people made to make Trump the nominee. The consequence of that will be a Clinton presidency.

I have no intention of saying "I told you so" in November... but it is what it is, now. President Clinton won't be my fault, it'll be theirs.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I disagree, I hate McCain as much as the next guy but his being shot down and captured is one thing I won't fault him for. Little side benefit he's one of the most outspoken critics of US torture programs, strange how that works. Maybe if Trump had not avoided the draft with an 'I can't remember which foot' heel spur I wouldn't find his rhetoric as offensive.

No disagreement. I don't fault McCain for getting captured, I just fail to see where that generates hero status like something meritorious of a Congressional Medal of Honor which requires doing something, not having something done to you.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Much like the decision millions of people made to make Trump the nominee. The consequence of that will be a Clinton presidency.

I have no intention of saying "I told you so" in November... but it is what it is, now. President Clinton won't be my fault, it'll be theirs.

So, you don't have a vote to use, to attempt to prevent a Clinton presidency?

I'm still scratching my head, trying to figure out how all the #NeverTrump people got disenfranchised.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So, you don't have a vote to use, to attempt to prevent a Clinton presidency?

I'm still scratching my head, trying to figure out how all the #NeverTrump people got disenfranchised.

It is my opinion before he was the nominee, that Trump was a loser, and that he would lose to Clinton. I did my part, with my vote, to prevent that.

I'm not going to just accept your loser now that he's the nominee. My vote was already counted. Trump is not my nominee, and I'm damn sure not a member of the GOP party.

Blame the two-party system if you want, but blaming not-Trump voters for him losing isn't going to work. Regardless, he'll lose by quite more than whatever the "nevertrump" crowd is.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    It is my opinion before he was the nominee, that Trump was a loser, and that he would lose to Clinton. I did my part, with my vote, to prevent that.

I'm not going to just accept your loser now that he's the nominee. My vote was already counted. Trump is not my nominee, and I'm damn sure not a member of the GOP party.

Blame the two-party system if you want, but blaming not-Trump voters for him losing isn't going to work. Regardless, he'll lose by quite more than whatever the "nevertrump" crowd is.

Based on primary turnout numbers, Trump will win by far more than the #NeverTrump temper tantrum.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    gpia7r said:
    Regardless, he'll lose by quite more than whatever the "nevertrump" crowd is.
    Based on primary turnout numbers, Trump will win by far more than the #NeverTrump temper tantrum.

And those are our opinions. I've always thought he would lose, and I did whatever my part was in trying to convince others he wasn't a good nominee, and he would lose. You believe he will win, and that's dandy.

We'll just have to wait and see.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I will bet each of you a beer that you are right!

I lose nothing and get to meet two interesting people!

And those are our opinions. I've always thought he would lose, and I did whatever my part was in trying to convince others he wasn't a good nominee, and he would lose. You believe he will win, and that's dandy.

We'll just have to wait and see.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Oh hey, Trump's longtime butler called for Obama to be hanged on Facebook.

Wonder if he'll be getting a visit from the Secret Service anytime soon.

http://archive.is/PteHM

Anthony Senecal said:
    To all my friends on FB, just a short note to you on our pus headed "president" !!!! This character who I refer to as zero (0) should have been taken out by our military and shot as an enemy agent in his first term !!!!! Instead he still remains in office doing every thing he can to gut the America we all know and love !!!!! Now comes Donald J Trump to put an end to the corruption in government !!!! The so called elite, who are nothing but common dog turds from your front lawn are shaking in their boots because there is a new Sheriff coming to town, and the end to their corruption of the American people (YOU) is at hand !!!! I cannot believe that a common murder is even allowed to run (killery clinton) OR that a commie like bernie is a also allowed to also run !!!! Come on America put your big boy pants on---this election you have a choice---GET YOUR ASS OUT AND VOTE !!!! Thank you !!!!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Oh hey, Trump's longtime butler called for Obama to be hanged on Facebook.

Wonder if he'll be getting a visit from the Secret Service anytime soon.

On Facebook, Trump's Longtime Butler Calls for Obama to be Killed | Mother Jones

Why would he? He didn't state or imply any intention of doing so himself. No different from the numerous time I have stated that so far as I am concerned, the Kenyan should be tried, convicted, and executed as a traitor or a hostile foreign agent, as the case may be. The belief that one should be on the receiving end of appropriate official punishment is not an actionable threat.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I disagree, I hate McCain as much as the next guy but his being shot down and captured is one thing I won't fault him for. Little side benefit he's one of the most outspoken critics of US torture programs, strange how that works. Maybe if Trump had not avoided the draft with an 'I can't remember which foot' heel spur I wouldn't find his rhetoric as offensive.

Speaking of avoiding the draft, seems it was a popular neocon and GOP strategy

Prominent Republicans

Representative Patrick McHenry, R-NC - did not serve. Saw fit to endanger American troops' lives after a visit to Iraq by violating operational security and helping militias target their mortar attacks on the Green Zone.
    Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-KY - did not serve (1)
    Senate Assistant Minority Leader Trent Lott, R-MI - avoided the draft, did not serve.
    Senate Republican Conference Chairman Jon Kyl, R-AZ - did not serve.
    Senate Republican Conference Vice Chair John Cornyn, R-TX - did not serve.
    National Republican Senatorial Committee Chair John Ensign, R-NV - did not serve.

House Minority Leader John Boehner, R-OH - did not serve.
    House Minority Whip Roy Blunt, R-MO - did not serve.
    House Republican Conerence Chair Adam Putnam, R-FL - did not serve.
    House Republican Policy Committee Thaddeus McCotter, R-MI - did not serve.
    National Republican Congressional Committee Chair Tom Cole, R-OK - did not serve.

Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani - did not serve.
    Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney - did not serve in the military but did serve the Mormon Church on a 30-month mission to France.
    Former Senator Fred Thompson - did not serve.
    Senator John McCain - McCain's naval honors include the Silver Star, Bronze Star, Legion of Merit, Purple Heart and Distinguished Flying Cross.
    Former Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert - avoided the draft, did not serve.
    Former House Majority Leader Dick Armey - avoided the draft, did not serve.
    Former House Majority Leader Tom Delay - avoided the draft, did not serve (1). "So many minority youths had volunteered ... that there was literally no room for patriotic folks like himself."
    Former House Majority Whip Roy Blunt - did not serve
    Former Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist - did not serve. (An impressive medical resume, but not such a friend to cats in Boston.)
    Rick Santorum, R-PA, formerly third ranking Republican in the Senate - did not serve. (1)
    George Felix Allen, former Republican Senator from Virginia - a supporter of Nixon and the Vietnam war, did not serve. (1)

Former Secretary of Defense Don Rumsfeld - served in the U.S. Navy (1954-57) as an aviator and flight instructor. (1) Served as President Reagan's Special Envoy to the Middle East and met with Saddam Hussein twice in 1983 and 1984.
    GW Bush - decided that a six-year Nat'l Guard commitment really means four years. Still says that he's "been to war." Huh?
    VP Cheney - several deferments (1, 2), the last by marriage (in his own words, "had other priorities than military service") (1)
    Former Att'y Gen. John Ashcroft - did not serve (1, 2); received seven deferment to teach business ed at SW Missouri State
    Jeb Bush, Florida Governor - did not serve. (1)
    Karl Rove - avoided the draft, did not serve (1), too busy being a Republican.
    Former Speaker Newt Gingrich - avoided the draft, did not serve (1, 2)
    Former President Ronald Reagan - due to poor eyesight, served in a noncombat role making movies for the Army in southern California during WWII. He later seems to have confused his role as an actor playing a tail gunner with the real thing.
    "B-1" Bob Dornan - avoided Korean War combat duty by enrolling in college acting classes (Orange County Weekly article). Enlisted only after the fighting was over in Korea.
    Phil Gramm - avoided the draft, did not serve, four (?) student deferments
    Congressman Ron Paul - active duty flight surgeon from 1963-65; Air National Guard from 1965-68. (link)
    Former Senator Bob Dole - an honorable man. http://www.bobdole.org/bio/wwII.php
    Chuck Hagel - two Purple Hearts and a Bronze Star, Vietnam. http://www.senate.gov/~hagel/Information/bio.htm
    Duke Cunningham - nominated for the Medal of Honor, received the Navy Cross, two Silver Stars, fifteen Air Medals, the Purple Heart, and several other decorations Recently entered plea bargain on felony charges of bribery, etc. etc.
    Senator Jeff Sessions U.S. Army Reserves, 1973-1986
    Colin Powell. What are we to make of Powell? On the one hand, a long career as a military manager. On the other hand, accused of covering up the My Lai massacre. Back on that first hand, one of the seemingly sane voices in this administration when it comes to Iraq (or at least he used to be). On the other hand, a clear hypocrite ("I am angry that so many of the sons of the powerful and well-placed... managed to wangle slots in Reserve and National Guard units...")
    Representative Wayne Gilchrest (R-MD), served in USMC in Vietnam; wounded in action.

[h=3][/h]

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound

Thats who they wanted. Hillary is what the dems wanted. The whole point of a primary is to pick someone that most of the party will want. You could argue that whoever gets the most votes is the most electable because, you know, they had the most votes.

Hillary would absolutely decimate almost any other republican that ran In the general. Trump was always our best chance.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trump was always our best chance.

Every single poll has suggested otherwise.

I'm basing my opinion on consistent polling. I don't really know where your opinion is coming from on this matter. There's absolutely nothing to suggest Trump is, or was ever, the best chance.

Yes, all those polls could turn out wrong... But so can your opinion on who's best.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What do you say of the statistical tie with Hillary that trump has now?

It's certainly less of a spread... but still quite the spread. This is before the media turns on him and starts laying into him. I just don't see him surviving it to victory. Clinton is the comfortable choice for Democrats and independents. Trump is a wild-card, an unknown... not a political person. I can't see him winning this at all.

And yes, I do have money on that opinion with a couple different people. That's how confident I am in my amateur assessment.

CxRsrlh.png

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Seems to me that the majority of voters are voting against establishment candidates and that will not help Hillary.

no one has ever attacked Hillary. Trump is going to send heat seeking missiles at her for months. It's going to be great.

in the recent primary 33% of democrats said they are intending to vote Trump. If you believe exit polls

qinnipiac has Clinton +1 in FL and PA and trump +4 in OH

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Being against Romney or McCain didn't make someone pro-Obama either. But I sure caught hell for it. I even got blamed for Obama winning.

Because it's easier to blame those around you than blame yourself.

It's my opinion that they picked the loser. They're bound to get mad at the rest of us for not supporting their loser.

Again.. just my opinion on how I'm witnessing this play out.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Seems to me that the majority of voters are voting against establishment candidates and that will not help Hillary.

no one has ever attacked Hillary. Trump is going to send heat seeking missiles at her for months. It's going to be great.

in the recent primary 33% of democrats said they are intending to vote Trump. If you believe exit polls

qinnipiac has Clinton +1 in FL and PA and trump +4 in OH

hopefully he gets better at criticizing her than he did in 2008 and 2012

"I know Hillary and I think she’d make a great president"
    "
    Hillary Clinton I think is a terrific woman"
    "
    I really like her and her husband both a lot. I think she really works hard. And I think, again, she’s given an agenda, it is not all of her, but I think she really works hard and I think she does a good job. I like her."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom