Not open for further replies.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I guess if we're making blanket statements... all Trump voters have no values and hate veterans.

But that sounds silly.

The point is that there is plenty of mud being slung this election cycle. There's no need to point it out, even if passive-aggressively trying to attack Trump, or to paint his supporters as "low information".

Speaking of veterans: Hillary Clinton allowed four veterans to be killed by ISIS in Benghazi, when she could have authorized support.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The point is that there is plenty of mud being slung this election cycle. There's no need to point it out, even if passive-aggressively trying to attack Trump, or to paint his supporters as "low information".

Speaking of veterans: Hillary Clinton allowed four veterans to be killed by ISIS in Benghazi, when she could have authorized support.

I was all over that in the various Benghazi threads. This one's about Trump though. And there is PLENTY of need to point out bad things about the presumptive nominee. Like his crappy comments about POWs. Or lies about raising funds for veterans. Or seemingly constant ties to white nationalists that spark up here and there. Those are things voters should be aware of, even if he is the only remaining nominee. I'm not saying don't vote for him, I'm saying "Here's what you're voting for."

"But Clinton" doesn't roll of the tongue like "But Bush"... Clinton's failures as a person don't excuse Trump's failures as a person.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

[video=youtube;7yr7odFUARg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yr7odFUARg[/video]

Strangely enough, her blackberry was turned off.......

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I was all over that in the various Benghazi threads. This one's about Trump though. And there is PLENTY of need to point out bad things about the presumptive nominee. Like his crappy comments about POWs. Or lies about raising funds for veterans. Or seemingly constant ties to white nationalists that spark up here and there. Those are things voters should be aware of, even if he is the only remaining nominee. I'm not saying don't vote for him, I'm saying "Here's what you're voting for."

"But Clinton" doesn't roll of the tongue like "But Bush"... Clinton's failures as a person don't excuse Trump's failures as a person.

And that's the point: I'll take Trump's stance toward/support of veterans, over Clinton's stance toward/support of veterans, all day, every day.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    And that's the point: I'll take Trump's stance toward/support of veterans, over Clinton's stance toward/support of veterans, all day, every day.

Trumps support? What support? "I'm going to fix the va and crush Isis"
    I think thats his policy position as far as veterans are concerned, leaving out obviously his disrespect for POWs.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Trumps support? What support? "I'm going to fix the va and crush Isis"

Even ambivalence toward veterans would be orders of magnitude better than Clinton.

I think thats his policy position as far as veterans are concerned, leaving out obviously his disrespect for POWs.

Disrespect for John McCain != disrespect for POWs.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    It happens. When I lived in Mississippi I heard a local sermon on the radio (not much else to listen to if you're driving somewhere on a Sunday) where the pastor told his congregation that voting for John Kerry would send them straight to hell. And not that I'm a Joh Kerry fan, but I thought to myself, "self, that **** is illegal."

But it's Mississippi.

Don't blame the State, blame the state of organized religion. Been there and done that, if just one of 100s of predictions came true the world would have ended a long time ago.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Don't blame the State, blame the state of organized religion. Been there and done that, if just one of 100s of predictions came true the world would have ended a long time ago.

What does that have anything to do with "organized religion"? The doctrine of what "organized religion" includes that?

In truth, it is an example of nothing more than a fallible human - an individual, not an "organized religion" - misusing religion, and mis-stating religious doctrine/teaching.

(It's no different from certain people claiming that it is "un-Christian" to vote for Trump or Hillary, even though the Bible says nothing of the sort.)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    (It's no different from certain people claiming that it is "un-Christian" to vote for Trump or Hillary, even though the Bible says nothing of the sort.)

Of course it doesn't say that.

It says to vote for Cruz.

That's what his dad told me.
    :D

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Of course it doesn't say that.

It says to vote for Cruz.

That's what his dad told me.
    :D

You kid, but: I've heard that from some people. Apparently some Evangelicals don't want a Pope, but have no qualms about bestowing the same sort of moral authority on a secular office.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    What does that have anything to do with "organized religion"? The doctrine of what "organized religion" includes that?

In truth, it is an example of nothing more than a fallible human - an individual, not an "organized religion" - misusing religion, and mis-stating religious doctrine/teaching.

OK I'll change my statement, it's not just Mississippi, it's fallible humans making misguided statements under the banner of organized religion.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    He 'likes people who weren't captured' he wasn't attacking John McCain for anything other than getting captured.

He was needling a blowhard.

I would say that Chip has the idea, and would continue to point out that McStupid hid behind his POW status from serious criticism of what a poor senator he was. I would further point out, that just as the Purple Heart has been jokingly called the 'Enemy Marksmanship Award' by some service members, Trump made a valid point that one's accomplishments doing damage to the enemy are generally more impressive than managing to get captured. Please note that I am not downplaying the implications of McCain spending years getting the dogsh*t beaten out of him by the Vietnamese, just addressing a couple of other valid points.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I would say that Chip has the idea, and would continue to point out that McStupid hid behind his POW status from serious criticism of what a poor senator he was. I would further point out, that just as the Purple Heart has been jokingly called the 'Enemy Marksmanship Award' by some service members, Trump made a valid point that one's accomplishments doing damage to the enemy are generally more impressive than managing to get captured. Please note that I am not downplaying the implications of McCain spending years getting the dogsh*t beaten out of him by the Vietnamese, just addressing a couple of other valid points.

I disagree, I hate McCain as much as the next guy but his being shot down and captured is one thing I won't fault him for. Little side benefit he's one of the most outspoken critics of US torture programs, strange how that works. Maybe if Trump had not avoided the draft with an 'I can't remember which foot' heel spur I wouldn't find his rhetoric as offensive.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I'm guessing little to none? Being against Trump doesn't make someone for Clinton, as much as some here would like to imply.

Strategy worked well in the past......

twitter_cards_potus.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom