Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    to be fair, I can't imagine Hillary's answer sounding like less of an incoherent word jumble. I've only really heard the younger Libertarian-sorts give good tech answers.

Cn4-EqeWIAA_LoO.jpg:large

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Any little thing...

...to help Hilary out. Highlights how small minded the haters are. It's OK though, we can see this. ;)

This has now reached troll-level. BW, never had an issue with you before... but this sort of talk, completely absent of logic, contributes nothing. You've got your stance, and that's great... but you've chosen to do the unwavering, blind devotion thing. It's not a good look for you.

Hmm, interesting that you would make a statement like this. :scratch:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I love Trump but it most of my INGO friends do not.....

Trump is going to win....I am shocked that folks here are not seeing that....

What gives you such confidence? :D

I admit that he's got a fighter's chance. And every tragedy - EVERY tragedy - between now and November helps him. But, why do YOU have such confidence?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    But, why do YOU have such confidence?

A vibe in the air....

I'll give you ONE example...My mailman came in one day after the primaries started...He's about my age, not my race, grew up in Chicago..We had NEVER talked politics in five years and he drops this bombshell on me...

"Hey brother let me ask you something.."

"Sure"

"What do you think of Trump?"

I just got quiet...I was not behind Trump yet and I did not want to get in a political debate with a man I like and see five days a week...I kind of hemmed and hawed a bit, sputtered a little...

"Well I don't know...I mean he's not my first choice......"

He could see I wasn't comfortable and was trying to give him a non answer and right at that moment he looked at me and said this...

"I like him and here's why....The more the establishment Republicans and the Democrats trash him the more I like him...He scares them and that makes me like him...So I am going to ask you again...What do you think of Trump?"

"You remember the Wizard of Oz when we were little kids?"

"Of course..."

"I think Trump is going to pull back the curtain and let us see how filthy the system is...I think the establishment is going after him because they don't want us to know how in cahoots they all are.....I like him because he scares the status quo..."

He just smiled and said...

"I think so too....I think he's the only one far enough out of the system to get that done..."

I know it's just anecdotal....But that was the moment I realized and accepted that Trump is going to be our President.....

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    A vibe in the air....

I'll give you ONE example...My mailman came in one day after the primaries started...He's about my age, not my race, grew up in Chicago..We had NEVER talked politics in five years and he drops this bombshell on me...

"Sure"

I just got quiet...I was not behind Trump yet and I did not want to get in a political debate with a man I like and see five days a week...I kind of hemmed and hawed a bit, sputtered a little...

He could see I wasn't comfortable and was trying to give him a non answer and right at that moment he looked at me and said this...

"I like him and here's why....The more the establishment Republicans and the Democrats trash him the more I like him...He scares them and that makes me like him...So I am going to ask you again...What do you think of Trump?"

"Of course..."

"I think Trump is going to pull back the curtain and let us see how filthy the system is...I think the establishment is going after him because they don't want us to know how in cahoots they all are.....I like him because he scares the status quo..."

"I think so too....I think he's the only one far enough out of the system to get that done..."

I know it's just anecdotal....But that was the moment I realized and accepted that Trump is going to be our President.....

Trump is Toto!

Brilliant! :rockwoot:

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    FWIW two die hard Brown County democrats in my family are all in for Trump. They can't stand Hillary. They'd rather vote for Bill again.

I think Hillary's popularity has been overstated for years. It was supposedly her time in '08 and she couldn't beat Obama. Supposedly her time now and she only beats Bernie due to superdelegates. I don't think it'll even be close.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Went to a checkup a couple of months ago. Doctor asked what I thought of Trump. I didn't want to risk pissing him off since he was about to do a prostate exam, so I just said he wasn't my first choice. Doctor replied that he thought the country needs Trump. But your mailman or my doctor doesn't matter.

Trump won the GOP primary here handily, and this is a very red state. I'm not surprised to see Trump signs around my neighborhood. But when I go to Louisville, it's mostly Hillary. Big cities go Democrat. And they have the advantage right off the bat with EC states that have a larger urban population. So it comes down to the swing states. Indiana isn't one. Neither is KY. We don't really decide this.

The number of swing states is actually bigger this election because the quality of both candidates has put some traditionally red or blue states in play. So now, I think states that could go either way are AZ, UT, CO, IA, MN, WI, MI, OH, PA, VA, NC, GA, FL, NH. Those are probably the states that will at least be competitive. The others are essentially a lock for red or blue.

It doesn't matter what your mailman or my doctor says about Trump, it matters what the voters, from all demographics, who actually make it to the polls, think.

A vibe in the air....

"Sure"

"Of course..."

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    This is where I bring up the Electoral College.

Indiana is safely Trump. (Goodness knows, I'd be in a pickle if it weren't.) Both of those anecdotes capture his appeal across Hoosierdom. Unfortunately, huge numbers of people across America are not Hoosiers. They don't really share our values. We are, truly, special snowflakes.

And that's really the problem. Places that do not have very much in common with Indiana also get to vote. And their votes count for more than ours do. Sure, some like-minded places will vote the same way we do. But, many will not. I suspect most will vote for HRC simply because they do not like Donald like we like Donald.

The Electoral College math, my friends, suggest it will be close. But, I do admire your enthusiastic confidence. :)

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Last night on cspan after the RNC, they had a 70 something year old caller on the democrat line from Hammond Indiana. She said she had voted D all her life. She voted for JFK. This year she voted for Trump in the primary and is voting for him in the general.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    It doesn't matter what your mailman or my doctor says about Trump, it matters what the voters, from all demographics, who actually make it to the polls, think.

I agree.....As I said, it's anecdotal but there seems to be a vibe in the air...It's hard to explain and I tried to answer TLex the best I could.......I have accepted that Trump is going to be the President.....

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The Electoral College math, my friends, suggest it will be close. But, I do admire your enthusiastic confidence. :)

Change "enthusiastic confidence" to "grudging acceptance"..........The historical pendulum swings to and fro....This is Trump's time...I wish I could explain it better and as Ned Beatty once said (and wished he hadn't) "This river just flows one way captain."

Think of Hillary as Aintry...I can confidently say "This river don't go to Aintry..."

At least not this election year.....The Democrats may recover and if Trump doesn't do a good job they may have a good chance in 2020 but they are going to have to do better than Hillary....

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Until this moment, I had not realized how closely this election cycle reflects the storyline of Deliverance. Except without Burt Reynolds.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is where I bring up the Electoral College.

Indiana is safely Trump. (Goodness knows, I'd be in a pickle if it weren't.) Both of those anecdotes capture his appeal across Hoosierdom. Unfortunately, huge numbers of people across America are not Hoosiers. They don't really share our values. We are, truly, special snowflakes.

And that's really the problem. Places that do not have very much in common with Indiana also get to vote. And their votes count for more than ours do. Sure, some like-minded places will vote the same way we do. But, many will not. I suspect most will vote for HRC simply because they do not like Donald like we like Donald.

I beg do differ. THEY are the special snowflakes. We are normal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom