Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I feel like I'm getting dumbed down by the MSM. Squirrel!

That's an actual person saying actual words. Nothing MSM about it. Perhaps we can address why this person feels the need to praise Trump, and compare what Trump "champions" to being close to his own heart?

Ericpwp, why would you say Trump is popular with David Duke?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's an actual person saying actual words. Nothing MSM about it. Perhaps we can address why this person feels the need to praise Trump, and compare what Trump "champions" to being close to his own heart?

Now hold on. Just because two people might favor the same outcome doesn't mean the motives are the same.

"I want to close the boarders because I think illegal immigration causes America problems" is quite different from "I want to close the borders because I hate Mexicans."

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Now hold on. Just because two people might favor the same outcome doesn't mean the motives are the same.

"I want to close the boarders because I think illegal immigration causes America problems" is quite different from "I want to close the borders because I hate Mexicans."

Of course. I'm just curious, from the perspective of a Trump supporter, why they believe Duke would support Trump.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I think Trump is a popular guy, that's why. Their are people that want to destroy his character by association, so I will not click the link.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think Trump is a popular guy, that's why. Their are people that want to destroy his character by association, so I will not click the link.

It's David Duke, announcing his run for senate, in a youtube video. It's not a news article.

If you don't like the idea of Duke praising Trump, then I guess don't click...

If you don't want to have a conversation about policy and whatnot... just say so.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Some guy from the KKK does not deserve any of my thoughts or time. I am sure he is trying to hop on the coattails of the anger Trump has stirred up and align his views with Trumps words.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Some guy from the KKK does not deserve any of my thoughts or time. I am sure he is trying to hop on the coattails of the anger Trump has stirred up and align his views with Trumps words.

For those of us old enough to remember when David Duke ran back in the day, he is absolutely not "aligning" his views with Trump's. ;) These have been his genuine positions for... gee... 30 years? Has it really been that long?

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI

Pulled the thought right out of my head.

I have already wasted too much time on this guy.

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    why would you say Trump is popular with David Duke?

Maybe the same reason Malik Shabazz supported Barack Obama?? Duke and Shabazz are racists and they like the guy with the same skin suit????

Question is, why would Barack Obama share a podium and march with (i.e. support) Malik Shabazz?

Imagine if The Donald spoke and marched alongside Duke.

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I was actually disappointed with Ivanka. They had built her up so much. I thought she came off a little snooty, and I honestly think she'd be more politically comfortable playing for the other team.

But. I will say this. I believe last night was the pivot.

I was very disappointed in Ivanka too
    I was drinking heavily last night so I was expecting her to do a striptease . I had a stack of ones ready to go.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

I knew you'd come around eventually.
    It's all relative, just go for it. Let us know how you're really feeling. Let it out, man, we're here for you. :n00b:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Who freaking cares? Does Donald Trump support David Duke? No. Then it's a non-issue.

David Duke can do or say anything he pleases, and his actions and words reflect on no one but himself. Anything else is guilt-by-association sophistry.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    It's David Duke, announcing his run for senate, in a youtube video. It's not a news article.

If you don't like the idea of Duke praising Trump, then I guess don't click...

If you don't want to have a conversation about policy and whatnot... just say so.

If you want to have a conversation about David Duke's policy, then start a new thread. This one is about Donald Trump.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    For those of us old enough to remember when David Duke ran back in the day, he is absolutely not "aligning" his views with Trump's. ;) These have been his genuine positions for... gee... 30 years? Has it really been that long?

I know...remember how young he looked back then???? I even remember the MSM saying "The new Klan: Young, attractive, smart with barely a hint of a redneck dialect..."

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Why would you say Robert Byrd is popular with Hillary Clinton??? He's a longtime Klan supporter and was a leader of their membership recruiting back when the Klan were MURDERING people....Why is Hillary Clinton praising a man who recruited klansmen back when they were lynching and murdering minorities...Why???? Some Democrat help me out....

She is an "actual person saying actual words...Nothing MSM about it..Perhaps we can address why this person feels the need to praise Byrd, and compare what Hillary "champions" to being close to her own heart?"

[video=youtube;IPL2JlJBuqs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPL2JlJBuqs[/video]

Why won't someone call her out???? Why instead of distancing herself from the party of the Klan is she running as their candidate??? Why oh why???

Or as George Jones might have asked "Why baby why?"

Why would you think Robert Byrd is popular (and obviously deeply loved) by Hillary Clinton??? Why???

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Who freaking cares? Does Donald Trump support David Duke? No. Then it's a non-issue.

David Duke can do or say anything he pleases, and his actions and words reflect on no one but himself. Anything else is guilt-by-association sophistry.

If you want to have a conversation about David Duke's policy, then start a new thread. This one is about Donald Trump.

Not quite. My question is regarding Trump's policies, and why someone like Duke would be attracted to them. It's a discussion starter, not an argument.

In regards to the thread choice, the man named him specifically, so that's what incited the question.

If someone goes out tomorrow and kills 100 people in the name of Democrats, you can be sure it's suitable to be posted in a thread about Democrats... if only as a reference. Or if Jeb Bush endorses Johnson... I'll post that in the Johnson thread, not the GOP thread.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I knew you'd come around eventually.
    It's all relative, just go for it. Let us know how you're really feeling. Let it out, man, we're here for you. :n00b:

Ok, here's how I feel. I haven't, up to this point, thought of Trump with like or dislike, personally. I've thought all along that he's a con man. But I really haven't thought about him personally. So now having watched the convention I can say now I honestly don't like him personally. I am less likely to vote for him now than I was before. I am also alarmed by his speech juxtaposed with Ivanka's.

And the Cruz thing isn't playing well with me at all. Both Cruz and Trump have lost points with me over that ****. I can understand why Cruz didn't want to endorse Trump. Okay, fine. Stay home. But Trump's vindictiveness in his response to it is alarming coming from a man who is this close to being president. Just no.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom