• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Dude, my drive is far enough as it is. And as soon as I become a resident of another state, my lifetime LTCH here becomes invalid. Then when I move back in 30 days I have to go through the process all over again.

That's not true. It just takes a hiatus. Unless they changed it, you inform ISP the change of residence, then inform again when you come back. Lifetime is lifetime.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The fact that Melania's speech embarrassingly and amateurishly plagariazed Michelle Obama's is just the latest and highest-profile in a long string of amateur-hour performances by Team Trump. My take from all that is that anyone who is talking themselves into voting for Trump on the premise that he's going to surround himself with the best people is kidding themselves.

Yrmeah. You are right. He needs to get rid of his wife now!

No excuse for her being around after he said he would surround himself with the best people.

He should also disown his kids.

He needs to surround himself with the best political operatives so things like this don't happen and he will be just like every other politician.

Then it all would be great.

Or is there a difference between best people and best political operatives?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Well if you're not willing to do everything in your power to prevent HRC from becoming president, clearly you want HRC to become president.

Boom. Logic.

Actually this is very accurate.
    Trump (so far) is the only candidate that has any chance of beating Hillary....Period.

Find me any other way to keep her from winning.
    -Vote for someone else?
    -Sit on your hands?
    -Anything???

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Regarding Melania's speech, considering English is her second language and she is not a public speaker, she did very well.

Melania isn't the issue. She clearly did not write her speech (Michelle Obama apparently did most of her own writing on her speech), but that's ok. She shouldn't. She gets input, but that moment requires a professional.

She did not get the speech she deserved.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well if you're not willing to do everything in your power to prevent HRC from becoming president, clearly you want HRC to become president.

Boom. Logic.

Mind blown.

T.Lexus with the logic bomb.

I don't care that my phone autocorrected your name, I'm leaving it.

Mic drop

/thread.
    Wait. I get no cred for the setup?

Nevermind. I think Eric Denny'd it.

That's not true. It just takes a hiatus. Unless they changed it, you inform ISP the change of residence, then inform again when you come back. Lifetime is lifetime.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Boom. Logic.

Are you saying that when people say they will do everything in their power to achieve X that they are always wrong?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Trump (so far) is the only candidate that has any chance of beating Hillary....Period.

-Vote for someone else?
    -Sit on your hands?
    -Anything???

Depends on geography. In Indiana, non-Trump votes (either no-votes, HRC votes, or 3rd party votes) probably won't matter. Trump will win Indiana in a landslide (based on the primary numbers).

So, Trump supporters need only vote to ensure that their candidate wins Indiana.

Non-Trump supporters probably need only abstain from voting for HRC to make sure Trump wins Indiana.

The point of my Ohio post (the first one) was that EC math means Trump needs more voters outside Indiana than he needs inside.

[seanconneryvoice]How far are Trump supporters willing to go?[/seanconneryvoice]

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Are you saying that when people say they will do everything in their power to achieve X that they are always wrong?

No.

There are a couple layers to it. (BTW, explaining a joke is never as funny.) ;)

1) People who say they are willing to do whatever it takes, often are not willing to truly do whatever it takes. They are willing to do what is convenient. But, they build it up for purposes of their ego, so it seems like they are truly dedicated.

2) People who divide the world into 2 groups (or 10, if you're into that) are almost always wrong. Bush was wrong when he did it to justify the GWOT, but politicians and snake oil salesman thrive on it. I believe the fallacy is "false dichotomy."

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Indiana had several important 2nd amendment votes to be cast this year, Dead Duck. Calm down and settle back down on the pond. :)

Governor. Senator, and in my district possibly a Representative if my Rep runs for governor.

Enough reasons to stay.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    No.

There are a couple layers to it. (BTW, explaining a joke is never as funny.) ;)

1) People who say they are willing to do whatever it takes, often are not willing to truly do whatever it takes. They are willing to do what is convenient. But, they build it up for purposes of their ego, so it seems like they are truly dedicated.

2) People who divide the world into 2 groups (or 10, if you're into that) are almost always wrong. Bush was wrong when he did it to justify the GWOT, but politicians and snake oil salesman thrive on it. I believe the fallacy is "false dichotomy."

Ok. I am such a contrarian that I would have simply answered with a yes. :)

Which is really where I think you ended up anyway after the definitive no. :) well almost.

I never put as much thought into my political ramblings.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Indiana had several important 2nd amendment votes to be cast this year, Dead Duck. Calm down and settle back down on the pond.
    smile.png

Governor. Senator, and in my district possibly a Representative if my Rep runs for governor.

Enough reasons to stay.

I'm here to stay.
    It's too entertaining to move.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ok. I am such a contrarian that I would have simply answered with a yes. :)

Which is really where I think you ended up anyway after the definitive no. :) well almost.

I never put as much thought into my political ramblings.

I guess we'll have to disagree to agree. ;)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

-Vote for someone else?
    -Sit on your hands?
    -Anything???

I think you guys are smitten. Trump is not the only candidate that had a chance of beating Hillary. After having the FBI confirm she lied and all but indict her, just about any other candidate in that field should be ahead right now. But where is Trump? Why does he keep making unforced errors? Why isn't Trump buying up air time in every purple state to replay the highlights of Comey's testimony OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again? Any other candidate would be doing that. Because that is Hillary's biggest, most obvious vulnerability.

Do you know why he's not doing that? It seems reasonable that it's because he doesn't have the money.

But. At this point, you're right that there is only one candidate *still in the race* who can beat Hillary. You guys stuck is with the douche, and there's no turning back now. No mulligans. We're stuck with Trump as the only realistic alternative to Hillary.

You guys and your fierce loyalty was enough to win the general election in a crowded field, but you're not going to have the numbers to defeat Hillary -- A CRIMINAL -- in the general election, by yourselves. You need pragmatic non-Trumpers to hold their noses and vote for Trump. But he needs to stop making these silly errors. And you guys continually denying that they're even errors isn't helping other people like me to agree to suspend our sanity and vote for a guy like Trump.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I think you guys are smitten. Trump is not the only candidate that had a chance of beating Hillary. After having the FBI confirm she lied and all but indict her, just about any other candidate in that field should be ahead right now. But where is Trump? Why does he keep making unforced errors? Why isn't Trump buying up air time in every purple state to replay the highlights of Comey's testimony OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again? Any other candidate would be doing that. Because that is Hillary's biggest, most obvious vulnerability.

Do you know why he's not doing that? It seems reasonable that it's because he doesn't have the money.

But. At this point, you're right that there is only one candidate *still in the race* who can beat Hillary. You guys stuck is with the douche, and there's no turning back now. No mulligans. We're stuck with Trump as the only realistic alternative to Hillary.

You guys and your fierce loyalty was enough to win the general election in a crowded field, but you're not going to have the numbers to defeat Hillary -- A CRIMINAL -- in the general election, by yourselves. You need pragmatic non-Trumpers to hold their noses and vote for Trump. But he needs to stop making these silly errors. And you guys continually denying that they're even errors isn't helping other people like me to agree to suspend our sanity and vote for a guy like Trump.

Many here did not vote the guy in.
    I'm no Trumper at all. I thought he was a prank when he first made the announcement. But he kept going. I will hold my nose and vote for anyone that has the best chance at beating her highness. I really don't care who they are and at this point what they did or are doing.
    They are not Hillary, so they will get my vote. As for the whole speech thing, ya, embarrassing for his wife. Hope they catch the guy. Still very minuscule compared to...well, anything. As a positive note, Melania read her speech 1000x better than michelle ever did.

If Hillary steps down or gets arrested, and there appears a better candidate than Trump, then they will get my vote.

Gun rights is the ONLY thing on my mind this election. I lived through crazy times in CA and I don't wish to repeat them...ever.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Many here did not vote the guy in.
    I'm no Trumper at all. I thought he was a prank when he first made the announcement. But he kept going. I will hold my nose and vote for anyone that has the best chance at beating her highness. I really don't care who they are and at this point what they did or are doing.
    They are not Hillary, so they will get my vote. As for the whole speech thing, ya, embarrassing for his wife. Hope they catch the guy. Still very minuscule compared to...well, anything. As a positive note, Melania read her speech 1000x better than michelle ever did.

If Hillary steps down or gets arrested, and there appears a better candidate than Trump, then they will get my vote.

Gun rights is the ONLY thing on my mind this election. I lived through crazy times in CA and I don't wish to repeat them...ever.

It seems on substance we are mostly in agreement then. On a finer point, I care mostly about SCOTUS and not handing Hillary a majority in Congress. Gun issues will take care of themselves then.

Something I don't agree about is that not voting for Trump is a vote for Hillary. But I do wish the #nevertrumpers were more pragmatic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom