• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The issue isn't that Trump makes a profit from his hotels, it's that campaign contributions from average Americans pay for his wine and water which he profits from.
    As stated its not strictly illegal, just unethical. Though an argument could be made, If you're going to contribute to his campaign you get what you deserve/want, that is making Trump a wealthier man.

Anyone going to argue campaign contributor money couldn't be better spent than 400k to rent out his own Florida home?

The real issue is....Folks don't like Trump....And they will spend a large amount of time stating they do not like Trump over and over again....Every now and again (about every three days) I will hop back on here to defend him.....

Mainly because he is an underdog...He is hated by establishment Republicans, Democrats, the media, SJW's, etc.....I tend to root for underdogs and the folks he is angering are the folks that get on my nerves...Plus I love good political theater and he is, in my opinion, the person best qualified to take on the Clinton Machine...

Our panties get in a wad because the same people that will drop $20,000 to go to a real estate seminar thinking they will get rich quick are the same people that will sue when it doesn't happen....We are a nation of snake oil peddlers....Henry Ford managed to convince us we all needed an automobile...GE convinced us to get off the front porch and get into the A/C....I have been snookered, hoodwinked, bamboozled etc...a few times in my life...When that happens I nod a salute to the person who did it and I live and learn from my mistake....We have become a nation that sues over hot coffee and actually believed the sea monkeys in the back of the comic books really looked like the ad we saw....How many kids bought X-ray glasses thinking they could finally see the girls at their school the way the Good Lord made them????

How does the Trump University business compare to the Clinton Foundation???? Is Chelsea worth the $700,000 a year salary??? Who knows???? But I do think this uproar over Trump University is a joke...

IMHO as always and with respect Jamil....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I guess here is where I differ from what I read on this forum.

I am mostly a personal responsibility person.

If I choose to pay for a worthless degree, who is at fault? Is it a binary question? For me it is to a degree much higher than most.

You can be an idiot for falling for it but that doesn't detract from the negligence of the guy selling you the snake oil.

Said a different way, I strongly believe in personal responsibility. If you're dumb enough to get swindled, it's on you. But that doesn't make the swindler suitable for the office of the President of the United States.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Your alternative:

160622122356-hillary-clinton-nancy-pelosi-exlarge-169.jpg

Hillary Clinton rallies House Dems amid push to curb GOP edge - CNNPolitics.com

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The issue isn't that Trump makes a profit from his hotels, it's that campaign contributions from average Americans pay for his wine and water which he profits from.
    As stated its not strictly illegal, just unethical. Though an argument could be made, If you're going to contribute to his campaign you get what you deserve/want, that is making Trump a wealthier man.

Anyone going to argue campaign contributor money couldn't be better spent than 400k to rent out his own Florida home?

Those things are going to be purchased somewhere with campaign money regardless of whose campaign it is. Hillary is using foreign foul influence money along with domestic donations to buy these goods and services from others. Trump is buying them from himself without corrupt money propping up the process and by extension owning him.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Usually they are called "in-kind donations". If company XYZ prints you flyers for free, you have to record it as an in-kind donation on your form (which counts towards the cap) if you pay them off, then it isn't an in-kind. The crookedness stems from him using donation money (NOT HIS OWN) to pay for the stuff that is enriching him. Hillary or Jeb or Jim Bob for Congress don't own their own hotel, or the wine, or any of this other stuff. Now sure, Jim-Bob's cousin who runs a printing press can get some money. But this LEVEL is unprecedented.

As for the salary, candidates are allowed to pay themselves the equivalent of what they were making or the salary of the office they are running for whichever is less. He is in his legal right to get a paycheck. But just because it is legal doesn't make it right. And, when you throw in all the other items it looks like he is just using this campaign to line his pockets.

Then there is the matter of his $50 milllion loan (that's right, loan). He said he isn't going to want that money back, but he still hasn't converted it to a donation yet. And he has had plenty of time to do so.

Might be keeping the option of public campaign finance open, which would strongly restrict how much of his own money he can use. Smart business to maintain as many options open as possible for as long as possible. Also makes his future plans less predictable. Win win

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Did the it department charge mark ups on everything? I think that's the issue to find out if he's paying cost for this stuff or 'market value', in which case his companies are profiting from campaign contributions, despite his spiel about self financing.
    Does anyone think Trump is paying any less than 'market value' for his own products/services?

One division of my employer charges its going rate to other departments for services provided. We are not equipped to bill at multiple rates and said department makes as much money (on paper) from in house customers as it does from external customers. This coincidently allows shifting of what would be corporate profits to accounts that have higher expenses for a net reduction in taxable income. Again, good business.

Do you really think that, say, Georgia-Pacific paper products sells to Georgia-Pacific EXO at wholesale when money spent by EXO on paper products would be a deductable expense? Why?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

IMO you beg the question. It is perfectly legal and not at all unethical from the standpoint of common business practice. You see it as unethical because of what I conclude is likely confirmation bias

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

So is giving up the 2nd Amendment. That's what a vote for anyone but Trump will get you.

Again, this will be your next ruler:

160622122356-hillary-clinton-nancy-pelosi-exlarge-169.jpg

She'll railroad through her way on gun control the same as Obama on obamacare.
    Not to mention, we'll be forced to keep and expand said govt "healthcare" on top of appointing a lifetime of Supreme Court judges to ensure these things will never ever swing back our way.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You can be an idiot for falling for it but that doesn't detract from the negligence of the guy selling you the snake oil.

Is that still true when they're selling you 'Nigerian yellowcake', or 'aluminum centrifuge tubes' or WMDs as a rationale for an unnecessary but desired war

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    IMO you beg the question. It is perfectly legal and not at all unethical from the standpoint of common business practice. You see it as unethical because of what I conclude is likely confirmation bias

It's unethical, and we all know it HRC did it, the opinion on this tactic would be wildly different. Guy has events at his own venues using donated campers money to pay for it. That's crooked.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    GE Capital Aviation Services (GECAS) is an Irish-American commercial aircraft financing and leasing company. It is the largest commercial airline leasing/financing company in the world. It is part of GE Capital, a company of the large conglomerate General Electric. GECAS buys aircraft from manufacturers like Airbus and Boeing and then leases them to airlines, typically on eight year leases, usually on dry lease contracts. It also buys aircraft from airlines and leases them back. The company has three global headquarters, located in Singapore; Shannon, County Clare and Norwalk, Connecticut.

The primary competition for GECAS is AerCap, although other companies such as Air Lease Corporation, Aviation Capital Group, BBAM and SMBC Aviation Capital also compete with it.

GECAS has a fleet of over 1800 aircraft, used by 245 airlines. Nearly all aircraft owned by GECAS are powered by engines from either GE Aviation, another subsidiary of General Electric, or CFM International, a GE Aviation/Snecma joint venture.

Why, those unethical, snake-oil peddling bastresses lolz

I bet they charge full price for the engines, too. Oh the humanity

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    It's unethical, and we all know it HRC did it, the opinion on this tactic would be wildly different. Guy has events at his own venues using donated campers money to pay for it. That's crooked.

It isn't unethical at all. He (his campaign) pays going rate like anybody else would, no more no less. If he did things any differently you could count on there being an audit. Imagine if his corporation was seen to donate potentially millions of dollars to his campaign. What would you say about that?

Nothing is being hidden.

And HRC would overpay by lots if it was her hotels and properties and pocket the overages and lie about it. Therefore we'd have an issue.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom