Not open for further replies.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    So is giving up the 2nd Amendment. That's what a vote for anyone but Trump will get you.

Again, this will be your next ruler: [hillary]

She'll railroad through her way on gun control the same as Obama on obamacare.
    Not to mention, we'll be forced to keep and expand said govt "healthcare" on top of appointing a lifetime of Supreme Court judges to ensure these things will never ever swing back our way.

Excellent. That should finally wake people up and put an end to accepting this incremental yet accelerating slide toward totalitarian control we've ensured by voting between the same two evils again and again.

I'm ready. Bring it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Higher taxes and higher minimum wages. These are a few of his favourite things.

https://fee.org/articles/trump-s-ec...xes-higher-inflation-and-higher-minimum-wage/

Wait. I'm confused. I thought you were anti-trump.

Excellent. That should finally wake people up and put an end to accepting this incremental yet accelerating slide toward totalitarian control we've ensured by voting between the same two evils again and again.

I'm ready. Bring it.

I'll say this. This election is the closest I've ever come to voting Libertarian. I still may.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Why are so many people afraid to give Trump a chance to do for the nation what he has done for himself? The bottom line is he is a winner. I sincerely believe he will do his level best for the nation. That has not happened recently.

JNG

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Why are so many people afraid to give Trump a chance to do for the nation what he has done for himself? The bottom line is he is a winner. I sincerely believe he will do his level best for the nation. That has not happened recently.

Yeah . . . not so much. He inherited a fortune, and what he has left is not as much as he would have had if he invested it in an S&P 500 index fund and let it sit. His business track record is checkered ethically, and lackluster from a results standpoint. And that--at best--is what America will get if it elects him. Pretty much identical to Hillary in those regards.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Yeah . . . not so much. He inherited a fortune, and what he has left is not as much as he would have had if he invested it in an S&P 500 index fund and let it sit. His business track record is checkered ethically, and lackluster from a results standpoint. And that--at best--is what America will get if it elects him. Pretty much identical to Hillary in those regards.

Except for the fact the only reason that ***** is in the position she is now is because she married a guy who ended up being President! She is a female ¡Jeb! or W. And not even a blood relative at that.

The Federal government is already a disaster ethically and financially, so no gain or loss there, but at least Trump wants to waste money on Americans, rather than an invading army of ****ing Incas and Mayans!

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    Yeah . . . not so much. He inherited a fortune, and what he has left is not as much as he would have had if he invested it in an S&P 500 index fund and let it sit.

Correct when it comes to his estimated personal net worth... he could've put pop's money into an index fund and let it ride. But he built a multi-faceted enterprise that currently employs over 22,000 people directly and generated $9.5billion in economic gross revenue last year alone. Using a conservative 3x multiplier; his businesses which employ 22,000 contributed to the livelihoods of 66,000 workers in peripheral businesses... just last year alone. Take into account that the Trump Organization has been around, in its ups and downs, for about 5 decades... the risk, labor, energy and sweat he's invested has benefitted a crap-ton more folks than if he took the easy route and plunked his dad's $2million into an index fund to sit back and relax and enjoy the gains.

JNG

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Except for the fact the only reason that ***** is in the position she is now is because she married a guy who ended up being President! She is a female ¡Jeb! or W. And not even a blood relative at that. The Federal government is already a disaster ethically and financially, so no gain or loss there, but at least Trump wants to waste money on Americans, rather than an invading army of ****ing Incas and Mayans!
    Call it a tax (Hillary) or call it a tariff (Trump), we end up with less freedom and a lower standard of living either way. I'm not sure which will end up being worse--I don't think there's any way to tell, honestly--but I'm not casting a vote sure to be a bad one. And that means I can't vote either way.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    If they wouldn't give legalizing weed the same gravitas as 2A or a balanced budget they'd get more attention from me

They do it's just that 'so you want to balance the budget' isn't a question they get asked in the limited interviews they get, it's 'so you want more drugs?' of which they have to explain their position.

If you watched the libertarian town hall Johnson was asked what the most important issue we faced and he cited cutting taxes, entitlement reform, government budget in general. The weed thing is just what everyone likes to get stuck on .

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    In a political battle with leftists, one needs to "run through a mother ****ers face"...pick it up at the 00:29 mark.

[video=youtube;Ut2vrhQZhI0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut2vrhQZhI0#t=0m29s[/video]

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    One thing we can fairly well be sure about Trump, he knows that if the United States is successful then he makes money, so it is in his best interest for this country's continued success. I believe he will do what he thinks is best for this country from a capitalist point of view, and up till recently capitalism has worked fairly nicely.

The wannabee first queen of the United States on the other hand makes money whether this country wins or loses. She gives talks, employing no one. She gets paid for running her mouth, which if the country does good, she says one thing. If the country does bad, she says another. She can't lose, so by her own standards, what does it really matter.

Well unfortunately to me it does. My father shed blood in WWII for the freedom of Europe and the whole world. I really hate to see what the greatest generation gave us and the world forgotten by someone who can't even protect a diplomat and his aides.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    One thing we can fairly well be sure about Trump, he knows that if the United States is successful then he makes money, so it is in his best interest for this country's continued success. I believe he will do what he thinks is best for this country from a capitalist point of view, and up till recently capitalism has worked fairly nicely.

The wannabee first queen of the United States on the other hand makes money whether this country wins or loses. She gives talks, employing no one. She gets paid for running her mouth, which if the country does good, she says one thing. If the country does bad, she says another. She can't lose, so by her own standards, what does it really matter.

Well unfortunately to me it does. My father shed blood in WWII for the freedom of Europe and the whole world. I really hate to see what the greatest generation gave us and the world forgotten by someone who can't even protect a diplomat and his aides.

Not sure if srs? Maybe you can expound on what exactly that means?

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I'm calling this out as the dumbest argument ever. How many people got payed by Trump? How much wealth did he create? Nobody counts the money his employees, his contractors, union members etc brought home because of Trumps business dealings. Dumb.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm calling this out as the dumbest argument ever. How many people got payed by Trump? How much wealth did he create? Nobody counts the money his employees, his contractors, union members etc brought home because of Trumps business dealings. Dumb.

Suggestion: don't call people's argument dumb, when you spell "paid," as "payed." Further, don't use supposition. If you know how much money Trump has made for employees, contractors, etc, cite it. If not, don't throw down a claim that you haven't a clue about.... especially when you consider how many of his business dealings have failed, his outsourcing of jobs, and the number of Americans were undoubtedly victims of these failed endeavors....or outright scammed.

Last edited:

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Damn, I spelled something rong on the internet at 2am. It was quoted too.:n00b:

I personally know at least two friends/family that worked on/at Trump Tower in Chicago. You can hate all you want, but the man made people money. A lot of people a lot of money.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Suggestion: don't call people's argument dumb, when you spell "paid," as "payed." Further, don't use supposition. If you know how much money Trump has made for employees, contractors, etc, cite it. If not, don't throw down a claim that you haven't a clue about.... especially when you consider how many of his business dealings have failed, his outsourcing of jobs, and the number of Americans were undoubtedly victims of these failed endeavors....or outright scammed.

Hitlary has employed many people too!

Lawyers, personal slaves, FBI agents, morticians .... She is a job maker.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Damn, I spelled something rong on the internet at 2am. It was quoted too.:n00b:

I personally know at least two friends/family that worked on/at Trump Tower in Chicago. You can hate all you want, but the man made people money. A lot of people a lot of money.

Is this the same Trump Tower- Chicago that Trump took a 640 million dollar loan from DB, and when they came knocking, wanting their money, Trump sued them to extend the repayment schedule, and then sued them for $3B claiming predatory leading practices? If your friends made a lot of money, it probably came from DB.

JNG

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009

Well, you need to put my "dumb"* argument in context. It's a response to those who support Trump just because he's a "great businessman," which they believe means he'll know how to improve the economy. When people make that argument, it's important to point out the undeniable fact that Trump is not actually a great businessman. He started with a huge amount of inherited capital, and achieved mediocre results with it. There's nothing wrong with the fact that he inherited his wealth, but the evidence is that he did not and does not possess the skill or the knowledge to grow that wealth as well as even a forgiving benchmark like an S&P 500 index. And even Trump's limited successes aren't really attributable to whatever business acumen he has--his biggest deals have all benefited from or been made possible by his political connections, both personal and paid, which gave him access to deals other developers didn't have access to (for example, through the use of eminent domain to condemn private property for the benefit of one of his projects). And that's not even mentioning the multiple bankruptcies. So to the extent Trump has been successful at all, he has been a successful crony within a system of crony capitalism.

So my "dumb"* argument is this: nothing Trump has done in the world of business is particularly impressive, and if you look at it closely, nothing Trump has ever done or said suggests that he understands how a free (rather than a crony) capitalistic market works, or that he has any idea how to fix one or make it work better. In fact, the proposals he has made (raise taxes, impose an import tariff, increase minimum wage) are toxic. So the existence of Trump wine, Trump steaks, or even Trump Tower, don't show that Trump is a good free market businessman, they aren't any kind of evidence that he'll support good free market economic policies (and his own words say he won't), and they aren't good reasons to support a Trump presidency.

*Perhaps we can meet and find some way to compare intelligence. Perhaps a spelling contest.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom