• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I'm sure Hillary knows more than Trump when it comes to business.

LOL.

Well she has managed to amass a huge fortune despite weaning on the breast of the taxpayer for the last 25 plus years.....I believe she got amazingly lucky on some real estate deals she did while an Attorney in Arkansas...So lucky that Vince Foster felt he had to shoot himself...The others involved ended up in jail....

Frontline did a story on this during the 90's and I remember being shocked at two things...Number 1-PBS running a story that put the Clinton's in a bad light and Number 2-The Clinton's avoiding jail when everyone else went...

Trump hate is strong here on INGO...I have always felt that hate blinds and many people I respect here are letting Trump hatred cloud their normally thoughtful ways...I found myself letting hate cloud my views of Obama and Kut (through many thoughtful posts) helped me wash away the hate and be more intellectually honest in my assessment of Obama...Perhaps that will happen to some of the Trump haters posting....

"Kumbaya my Lord...Kumbaya...
    Oh Lord...Kumbaya..."

"I'd like to teach the world to sing
    in perfect harmony...I'd like to buy
    the world a Coke..And keep it company..

It's the real thing..."

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, you need to put my "dumb"* argument in context. It's a response to those who support Trump just because he's a "great businessman," which they believe means he'll know how to improve the economy. When people make that argument, it's important to point out the undeniable fact that Trump is not actually a great businessman. He started with a huge amount of inherited capital, and achieved mediocre results with it. There's nothing wrong with the fact that he inherited his wealth, but the evidence is that he did not and does not possess the skill or the knowledge to grow that wealth as well as even a forgiving benchmark like an S&P 500 index. And even Trump's limited successes aren't really attributable to whatever business acumen he has--his biggest deals have all benefited from or been made possible by his political connections, both personal and paid, which gave him access to deals other developers didn't have access to (for example, through the use of eminent domain to condemn private property for the benefit of one of his projects). And that's not even mentioning the multiple bankruptcies. So to the extent Trump has been successful at all, he has been a successful crony within a system of crony capitalism.

So my "dumb"* argument is this: nothing Trump has done in the world of business is particularly impressive, and if you look at it closely, nothing Trump has ever done or said suggests that he understands how a free (rather than a crony) capitalistic market works, or that he has any idea how to fix one or make it work better. In fact, the proposals he has made (raise taxes, impose an import tariff, increase minimum wage) are toxic. So the existence of Trump wine, Trump steaks, or even Trump Tower, don't show that Trump is a good free market businessman, they aren't any kind of evidence that he'll support good free market economic policies (and his own words say he won't), and they aren't good reasons to support a Trump presidency.

*Perhaps we can meet and find some way to compare intelligence. Perhaps a spelling contest.

Lol.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    If your friends made a lot of money, it probably came from DB.

If that's how you see it... you think he should had paid cash for it? That money would not be in anyone's pocket if he did not take out the loan. There would have been a lot of union guys sitting at home waiting for a phone call. It sounds like he stuck his neck out and injected almost a billion dollars into a really crappy economy. Shovel ready that.

Well, you need to put my "dumb"* argument in context. It's a response to those who support Trump just because he's a "great businessman," which they believe means he'll know how to improve the economy. When people make that argument, it's important to point out the undeniable fact that Trump is not actually a great businessman. He started with a huge amount of inherited capital, and achieved mediocre results with it. There's nothing wrong with the fact that he inherited his wealth, but the evidence is that he did not and does not possess the skill or the knowledge to grow that wealth as well as even a forgiving benchmark like an S&P 500 index. And even Trump's limited successes aren't really attributable to whatever business acumen he has--his biggest deals have all benefited from or been made possible by his political connections, both personal and paid, which gave him access to deals other developers didn't have access to (for example, through the use of eminent domain to condemn private property for the benefit of one of his projects). And that's not even mentioning the multiple bankruptcies. So to the extent Trump has been successful at all, he has been a successful crony within a system of crony capitalism.

So my "dumb"* argument is this: nothing Trump has done in the world of business is particularly impressive, and if you look at it closely, nothing Trump has ever done or said suggests that he understands how a free (rather than a crony) capitalistic market works, or that he has any idea how to fix one or make it work better. In fact, the proposals he has made (raise taxes, impose an import tariff, increase minimum wage) are toxic. So the existence of Trump wine, Trump steaks, or even Trump Tower, don't show that Trump is a good free market businessman, they aren't any kind of evidence that he'll support good free market economic policies (and his own words say he won't), and they aren't good reasons to support a Trump presidency.

*Perhaps we can meet and find some way to compare intelligence. Perhaps a spelling contest.

Well, I can see Trump Tower from my house in Indiana, I think that is pretty impressive. Especially the fact he was able to navigate the Chicago crony's red tape and bureaucracy, that would take one hell of a business man.

So the existence of Trump wine, Trump steaks, or even Trump Tower, don't show that Trump is a good free market businessman, they aren't any kind of evidence that he'll support good free market economic policies (and his own words say he won't), and they aren't good reasons to support a Trump presidency.
    Grammar Nazis, can I get a ruling?

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Ooh, I forgot my wife's uncle. He worked security for him at his house in Florida. He got fired because he picked up one of DJT's golf clubs and swung it.:laugh:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Then there is the matter of his $50 milllion loan (that's right, loan). He said he isn't going to want that money back, but he still hasn't converted it to a donation yet. And he has had plenty of time to do so.

I think today we go the answer to this. It appears it has been turned into a contribution

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Is this the same Trump Tower- Chicago that Trump took a 640 million dollar loan from DB, and when they came knocking, wanting their money, Trump sued them to extend the repayment schedule, and then sued them for $3B claiming predatory leading practices? If your friends made a lot of money, it probably came from DB.

Is Deutsche Bank leading people to ruin, or did a spelling nazi just get hoist

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Is Deutsche Bank leading people to ruin, or did a spelling nazi just get hoist

Fair point.... had I called someone dumb (Kut looks around).... nope, I didn't. But if that makes your day, you can have it! Lol.

Suggestion: Capitalize all proper nouns, if your post is used, primarily, to point out spelling or grammatical errors.

Kut (may seem perfect, but isn't...he's just a really pretty man)

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Fair point.... had I called someone dumb (Kut looks around).... nope, I didn't.
    Nobody called anyone dumb. You did point and LOL though. My keyboard doesn't have a breathalyzer on it to start, and I am the worst speller I know. It worked for me so far.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Fair point.... had I called someone dumb (Kut looks around).... nope, I didn't. But if that makes your day, you can have it! Lol.

Suggestion: Capitalize all proper nouns, if your post is used, primarily, to point out spelling or grammatical errors.

Kut (may seem perfect, but isn't...he's just a really pretty man)

Actually my post was used, primarily, to point out that Kut is guilty of the sins for which he chastises others

Blame it on auto correct in 3, 2,1 ...

Granted. Judging the 'prettiness' of men is outside my core competencies

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom