• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Burl, carry my water when it comes down to what exactly?

Voting to retain the 2nd Amendment and regain what we've lost of it over the years.

Who are you looking to vote for?

For the position of supreme political ruler of America? Nobody - such a position was never meant to exist.

If that position ever reverts back to a limited function of presiding over the executive branch of the federal government (as designed), I might look at voting for the most suitable candidate to accomplish the job.

Ah gotcha. So Hillary then, by abstinence.

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    You may want to brush up on your history, they were most certainly fighting to defend their rights as Englishmen. They listed several breaches of law among their grievances in the Declaration.

What I was getting at was under British Rule - we didn't have much as rights of our own. Obviously we weren't happy with the leaders since they got booted off the land.

I know my history - I saw The Patriot. :):

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Voting to retain the 2nd Amendment and regain what we've lost of it over the years.

This is how I see it. Clinton said she will sign new legislation for gun restrictions if elected. However, President Obama said the same thing. We have a certain level of security based on Constitutional guarantees and Congress to prevent her from doing this. Besides, any legislation has to go through a certain process before it reaches the desk of the President. I've seen many gun proposals die without support. Also, we have a LOT of people speaking for and against this issue. The likelihood of something happening is relatively slim. On the other hand, Trump has produced lies concerning crime rates; insulted all kinds of people; and suggested a nazzi-like practice of having people carry ID cards and closing places for Muslim worship. All of this has been shrugged off by his supporters because he has had some kind of Second Amendment epiphany? There isn't much talk about this and it would probably happen right under the noses of most Americans without a care. I'm just not counted among those. Are you?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    This is how I see it. Clinton said she will sign new legislation for gun restrictions if elected. However, President Obama said the same thing. We have a certain level of security based on Constitutional guarantees and Congress to prevent her from doing this. Besides, any legislation has to go through a certain process before it reaches the desk of the President. I've seen many gun proposals die without support. Also, we have a LOT of people speaking for and against this issue. The likelihood of something happening is relatively slim. On the other hand, Trump has produced lies concerning crime rates; insulted all kinds of people; and suggested a nazzi-like practice of having people carry ID cards and closing places for Muslim worship. All of this has been shrugged off by his supporters because he has had some kind of Second Amendment epiphany? There isn't much talk about this and it would probably happen right under the noses of most Americans without a care. I'm just not counted among those. Are you?

That's Cool!
    If you're going to vote for Clinton, who am I to change your mind.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    That's Cool!
    If you're going to vote for Clinton, who am I to change your mind.

You are nobody to change my mind, but I didn't say I would vote for Clinton. I said I would not vote for either one and I've posted mostly about why I would not vote for Trump, since that is who the cool gun guys believe to be the best option.

Because the large majority of the Republican Party will not select a candidate like Rand Paul, you are the very people who will put Clinton in the White House. But, don't worry, we will sit back and read all the moaning and complaining once it happens.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Ah gotcha. So Hillary then, by abstinence.

Maybe letting Hillary have a turn as supreme political ruler of America for a few years will finally convince you that the problem is not with the person or party elected but with the illegitimate scope and power of the positions we elect them to.

Some folks just learn very very slowly I suppose.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... Trump has produced lies concerning crime rates; insulted all kinds of people; and suggested a nazzi-like practice of having people carry ID cards and closing places for Muslim worship. All of this has been shrugged off by his supporters because he has had some kind of Second Amendment epiphany? There isn't much talk about this and it would probably happen right under the noses of most Americans without a care. I'm just not counted among those. Are you?

If I even believed that had a remote chance of happening, I'm still a one issue voter.
    Without the 2nd Amendment, we have no way to ultimately fend off ATM's supreme political ruler and their regime.

Maybe letting Hillary have a turn as supreme political ruler of America for a few years will finally convince you that the problem is not with the person or party elected but with the illegitimate scope and power of the positions we elect them to.

Oh yeah, that's a winning strategy. :rolleyes:

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    We need to be united in our vote. Democrats will vote for anyone with a D behind their name. We need to use the same tactic or we all will be on here b**ching and moaning about our rights being infringed. I say it loud and proud. Any R over any D. Anything less is a vote for D.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

It's insane to vote for someone like Paul who wants to limit his own powers. It's better to have someone like Trump who wants to limit the power of others. This makes us strong! :rockwoot:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If I even believed that had a remote chance of happening, I'm still a one issue voter.
    Without the 2nd Amendment, we have no way to ultimately fend off ATM's supreme political ruler and their regime.

Someone just posted something about history and I see you still don't understand what he's saying. How can we fend off what we've been living under since before all of us on this board have been alive?

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    You are nobody to change my mind, but I didn't say I would vote for Clinton. I said I would not vote for either one and I've posted mostly about why I would not vote for Trump, since that is who the cool gun guys believe to be the best option.

Because the large majority of the Republican Party will not select a candidate like Rand Paul, you are the very people who will put Clinton in the White House. But, don't worry, we will sit back and read all the moaning and complaining once it happens.

You said with your own words if trump is an option you will not vote at all and then dare to try and blame us if hillary gets elected!? Thats incredibly hypocritical. I see you in a different light today. Thanks.
    Ps. I will thanking you again after that witch takes office aswell.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Oh yeah, that's a winning strategy. :rolleyes:

You've "won" a bigger, more intrusive national government, congrats! The Republican and Democratic parties don't really care who's turn it is at the helm.

I understand that being permitted to vote keeps most of the populace fairly sedated as the illegitimate empire expands, but are you implying that you actually have a strategy to resist or reverse this expansion? And this strategy entails voting?

:rofl:

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...Ps. I will thanking you again after that witch takes office aswell.

If you don't like what that witch would do with the office, limit the power of the office.

We shouldn't have to worry about electing a person who would use unlimited power poorly - most would.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You've "won" a bigger, more intrusive national government, congrats! The Republican and Democratic parties don't really care who's turn it is at the helm.

I understand that being permitted to vote keeps most of the populace fairly sedated as the illegitimate empire expands, but are you implying that you actually have a strategy to resist or reverse this expansion? And this strategy entails voting?

:rofl:

We have the Second Amendment! :rolleyes:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You said with your own words if trump is an option you will not vote at all and then dare to try and blame us if hillary gets elected!? Thats incredibly hypocritical. I see you in a different light today. Thanks.
    Ps. I will thanking you again after that witch takes office aswell.

I am far beyond the point of worrying about what people think about me. You are correct in that I said I will not vote at all. What makes you believe or even have the audacity to require me to vote for a man who would have no problem seeing my rights revoked? It's hilarious how I'm seen in a good light if I tow the line, but if I don't pull the lever for Trump, I'm not acceptable. Like I said, don't thank me if she is elected, but take a good look in the mirror. It's you who believes Trump has more substance than a man like Paul.

I have a question for all of you who profess to be one-issue voters. Why not pick the person who HAS and WILL work the hardest to protect your issue? I know I won't get an answer, but I'll just throw it out there.

[video=youtube;_w7ww3e7iGM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w7ww3e7iGM[/video]

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    If you don't like what that witch would do with the office, limit the power of the office.

We shouldn't have to worry about electing a person who would use unlimited power poorly - most would.

I agree with limiting their power, but why wait until it gets close to election time to do it? We need to get an R onto office and then concentrate on changing the system. Because while we squabble over less government/ less power, the dems are strategizing the way to put another one of there own into office. We can stick to our ideologies and lose or play the game by foul rules and win.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I'd vote for Paul if he is on the ballot on that day.(he won't be)
    Anyone but a Dem.

Whomever has the best chance of defeating the Dems.

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I am far beyond the point of worrying about what people think about me. You are correct in that I said I will not vote at all. What makes you believe or even have the audacity to require me to vote for a man who would have no problem seeing my rights revoked? It's hilarious how I'm seen in a good light if I tow the line, but if I don't pull the lever for Trump, I'm not acceptable. Like I said, don't thank me if she is elected, but take a good look in the mirror. It's you who believes Trump has more substance than a man like Paul.

I have a question for all of you who profess to be one-issue voters. Why not pick the person who HAS and WILL work the hardest to protect your issue? I know I won't get an answer, but I'll just throw it out there.

[video=youtube;_w7ww3e7iGM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w7ww3e7iGM[/video]
    I will vote for trump if he makes it that far. I will vote for any R over any D. ( i think i said that before). If hillary gets office it will be because of people like you. Blame who you like but its on you. 8 years of this crap apparently was not enough for you.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I will vote for trump if he makes it that far. I will vote for any R over any D. ( i think i said that before). If hillary gets office it will be because of people like you. Blame who you like but its on you. 8 years of this crap apparently was not enough for you.

No, it will be your fault! You want to keep going?

Top Bottom