• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I agree with limiting their power, but why wait until it gets close to election time to do it? We need to get an R onto office and then concentrate on changing the system. Because while we squabble over less government/ less power, the dems are strategizing the way to put another one of there own into office. We can stick to our ideologies and lose or play the game by foul rules and win.

No thanks, I don't consider it a win when a Republican happens to be taking their turn. If we lose either way, I'll just withhold my vote and my consent.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    So, we can all agree on Ted Cruz? Fine, my work here is done.:D

Kirk, in your opinion, why hasn't the gun community gotten behind someone like him or Paul? Have you heard anything from any of the lobbying groups as to which candidate they support?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This is how I see it. Clinton said she will sign new legislation for gun restrictions if elected. However, President Obama said the same thing. We have a certain level of security based on Constitutional guarantees and Congress to prevent her from doing this. Besides, any legislation has to go through a certain process before it reaches the desk of the President. I've seen many gun proposals die without support. Also, we have a LOT of people speaking for and against this issue. The likelihood of something happening is relatively slim. On the other hand, Trump has produced lies concerning crime rates; insulted all kinds of people; and suggested a nazzi-like practice of having people carry ID cards and closing places for Muslim worship. All of this has been shrugged off by his supporters because he has had some kind of Second Amendment epiphany? There isn't much talk about this and it would probably happen right under the noses of most Americans without a care. I'm just not counted among those. Are you?

Que I'm not sure you can have it both ways. You say that Obama and Clinton both said they would sign new gun restrictions but we don't have to worry because they won't be able to do it. But then you mention Trump has said he will have certain people carry ID cards and will close places of Muslim worship and we DO have to worry about that. How does Trump get this past the same hurdles that you mention will stymie Clinton (congress etc). If the heart of your argument is we don't have to worry about what Clinton says she will do because she won't be able to doit, why doesn't this also apply to Trump? Does he have some kind of Pied Piper powers to circumvent what would be insurmountable hurdles for Clinton?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Kirk, in your opinion, why hasn't the gun community gotten behind someone like him or Paul? Have you heard anything from any of the lobbying groups as to which candidate they support?

I have been behind Cruz for quite some time. I am pleased to see him gaining ground recently. I like Paul but would be happiest if the ticket was Cruz/Paul rather than vice versa. I take anything Trump says with a HUGE grain of salt, but that is true for me of anything ANY politician says. They ALL promise to do things that they KNOW they will not be able to do. I will get behind Paul for you if he is heading the R side of the ticket, I'll even get behind Rubio in similar circumstances and I really don't trust him. Bottom line ANY R no matter who heads the D side of the ticket. The worst Republican candidate is orders of magnitude better than the 'best' Democratic candidate.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Reading this thread has given me a real insight into the diabolical machinations of Que...

I had always thought the usual stuff about Que...How he broke up the Beatles, brought the Spanish Flu to the US, and is the producer and mastermind behind "The Real Houswives" series....

But to know that he cast the one deciding vote that put Obama in office???????

Your evil knows no bounds sir......:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Anything else you are responsible for besides killing Bambi this year????:)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Que I'm not sure you can have it both ways. You say that Obama and Clinton both said they would sign new gun restrictions but we don't have to worry because they won't be able to do it. But then you mention Trump has said he will have certain people carry ID cards and will close places of Muslim worship and we DO have to worry about that. How does Trump get this past the same hurdles that you mention will stymie Clinton (congress etc). If the heart of your argument is we don't have to worry about what Clinton says she will do because she won't be able to doit, why doesn't this also apply to Trump? Does he have some kind of Pied Piper powers to circumvent what would be insurmountable hurdles for Clinton?

I'd completely be ok, with seeing a vote pass that mimicked the last gun restriction, than seeing a vote pass that restricted the rights of certain segments of American society. If the latter passed, it would be all downhill from there. Like I said, i would vote for ANY current candidate, from either party, before I voted for Trump. If he gets the nomination, I will be onboard with the candidate that has the best chance of beating him.

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    in-ignorance-we-trust

To quote:
    As former House Speaker Newt Gingrich says with undeniable understatement, "The American people ... want decisive change."
    The trouble is, "decisive" isn't necessarily "better." Or even as good. "Decisive" has appeal because it sounds like a synonym for solutions. But they often are simple solutions. Unworkable solutions. And ultimately, unacceptable solutions. That's what extremism means in the presidential race today.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

I explained it above. In short, he could do it because a great majority of the people will not care. The politicians would gladly go along with it and they would have nothing to fear from lobbyists or voters. Besides, I'm not saying that he could do it, but the very thought that a candidate would say it, believe it, and not even worry about backlash -- not to mention not receiving any -- is an indicator to me that I should be worried about this man. He says what others only think and it is frightening to realize people really don't care about anything or anyone unless it directly affects them.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I explained it above. In short, he could do it because a great majority of the people will not care. The politicians would gladly go along with it and they would have nothing to fear from lobbyists or voters. Besides, I'm not saying that he could do it, but the very thought that a candidate would say it, believe it, and not even worry about backlash -- not to mention not receiving any -- is an indicator to me that I should be worried about this man. He says what others only think and it is frightening to realize people really don't care about anything or anyone unless it directly affects them.

How do you think we got in this situation, where a man such as Trump could be so gosh darned popular despite his outrageous self?

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    You proved my point. They didn't even try it with control of the White House, the senate and the house of representatives! We just had a record number of Black Friday gun sales. Nothing has been done even after all the "black gun massacres" and other shootings around the U.S. That said, I'm comfortable with my decision. If Trump is elected, would you feel comfortable with requiring Muslims to carry ID cards and the closing of mosques, as he's suggested? If the Second protects the others, what would you expect Muslims to do if this were to happen?

I will vote for ANY other Republican for President, but Trump will NEVER get my vote. If the powers that be decide to forward him, they will lose and I will not accept blame, just because I didn't join in with the "gun guys" to get the numbers.

I'll tell you, what I wish ..... I think, we should be able to "vote" online, every month, for our "top three" candidates, and the bottom three are forced out .....

Then when the Primary came, you only have 3-4 to choose from, and all the B S, and the debates, would settle down .....

JMHO ..... YMMV .....

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    How do you think we got in this situation, where a man such as Trump could be so gosh darned popular despite his outrageous self?

You would be able to explain that better than me since you are the one supporting him. My answer would only be an assumption and begin a back-and-forth with people telling me that I'm wrong. So, Burl, please tell me why he is so popular in your eyes despite his outrageous self?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Timing, Que. It's only early December. New Hampshire, Iowa, etc. are all in the distant future.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You would be able to explain that better than me since you are the one supporting him. My answer would only be an assumption and begin a back-and-forth with people telling me that I'm wrong. So, Burl, please tell me why he is so popular in your eyes despite his outrageous self?

Who ever said I was supporting Trump? I just said I'd vote for the Republican, as a vote against the anti 2A Democrat candidate.

So back to you, why is this "terrible man" at the top of the polls?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    This woman doesn't think Trump is terrible.

6FB6BEE7-C535-43EB-B2DA-3C023C614EB2_zpsek83ndtt.jpg

Top Bottom