• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    When Trump said he was going to run I thought he was nuts and didn't stand a chance. It is looking more and more like he is the one to vote for. I like most of what he has to say. I just wonder if he wins if he will be singing the same tune.

We have all voted for people that changed as soon as they get in office. If he makes it we will see. I don't think he will do any worse than what we have been dealing with.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If someone tells you who they are, believe them. Trump has told me who he is and Clinton is still trying to make herself into something she's proven she isn't. I will not vote for Trump or Clinton and the cards can fall where they will. Most likely, I will just skip that part of the ballot.

Failure to vote against the enemy IS voting for the enemy. How many elections lost in a row will it take to learn this?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Are you suggesting that I vote for one of them?

I am suggesting that your proclamation is negative to gun owners. Anything that contributes to an anti-gun candidate winning is bad for the 2A, including abstinence.

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I am suggesting that your proclamation is negative to gun owners. Anything that contributes to an anti-gun candidate winning is.

Are you suggesting that I vote for Trump? If the President were the be-all, end-all to everything concerning guns I might support that. Trump has stated, more times than I can count, how he feels about other areas that concern me; I am not a one-issue voter. If you want to support him because you believe he will not change his mind on gum matters, that is your choice. I don't trust him in that area either. Besides, it's not like anyone with a "R" behind their name is guaranteed not to sign any gun control legislation. So, I won't be frightened into voting for Trump. Fear has done nothing but driven up prices over the past seven years and I'm not playing into that game again.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... I am not a one-issue voter...

Maybe you should be? Without the Second Amendment nothing else matters. We are all just subjects.

...Besides, it's not like anyone with a "R" behind their name is guaranteed not to sign any gun control legislation...

However, those with a "D" are running on a platform that they WILL sign anti-gun legislation. That is what we need to vote against.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Are you suggesting that I vote for Trump? If the President were the be-all, end-all to everything concerning guns I might support that. Trump has stated, more times than I can count, how he feels about other areas that concern me; I am not a one-issue voter. If you want to support him because you believe he will not change his mind on gum matters, that is your choice. I don't trust him in that area either. Besides, it's not like anyone with a "R" behind their name is guaranteed not to sign any gun control legislation. So, I won't be frightened into voting for Trump. Fear has done nothing but driven up prices over the past seven years and I'm not playing into that game again.

That's common around here. If a candidate said he was going to make all Mexicans have identification cards, all Muslims electronically chipped, banned all foreign imports, BUT was going allow the public to own whatever gun they wanted without restriction, there would be more than a few people who would vote from them, over your stereotypical democrat candidate that simply makes calls for gun control via, background checks or eliminating private purchases.

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Maybe you should be? Without the Second Amendment nothing else matters. We are all just subjects.

That is a very limited point of view. If people are made to wear special ID cards, as Trump suggests, what good is the Second Amendment?

However, those with a "D" are running on a platform that they WILL sign anti-gun legislation. That is what we need to vote against.

Didn't President Obama do the same thing? Can you still buy guns and Class III items in the same way you did seven years ago? I'm not sure Trump want me to own guns anyway, so if he proposes some idiotic scheme to deny my rights, I'm not sure the rest of the population will come to my aid. Silence speaks volumes.

More than a few? Such a candidate would sweep INGO in a landslide.:ingo:

I would hope not, but there would probably be a lot of silence.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Huh? How is it easier to impeach a blonde white guy than anyone else? There have exactly 2 impeachments, neither were blonde. And since there has never been a female president, and exactly one non-white president, I question your belief as to the ease in impeaching ANY president, not just the ones you describe.

Do they not have hyperbole on whatever planet you are from? Sheesh

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... I am not a one-issue voter...

...those with a "D" are running on a platform that they WILL sign anti-gun legislation. That is what we need to vote against.

Didn't President Obama do the same thing?...

If Obama would have focused on the 2nd Amendment his first term, while he had the whole congress, we wouldn't have a need for a gun owners forum now.

Obama realized that he or his congress would never win reelection on that platform and focused on Obamacare, which ended up losing him both houses of congress and killing his hope of taking our guns.

**** A defensive vote counts the same as a passionate one. As gun owners, we NEED the ****ing numbers. ****

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    If Obama would have focused on the 2nd Amendment his first term, while he had the whole congress, we wouldn't have a need for a gun owners forum now.

Obama realized that he or his congress would never win reelection on that platform and focused on Obamacare, which ended up losing him both houses of congress and killing his hope of taking our guns.

**** A defensive vote counts the same as a passionate one. As gun owners, we NEED the ****ing numbers. ****

Why would I give my consent to putting anybody into such a ruling position that could accomplish what you describe?

I don't want a lesser evil wielding such power over me - I wouldn't even consent to a heck of a guy being vested with such power to reign over us.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    ...Rand Paul will likely shut down unnecessary agencies like the BATFE. I'm not sure why the 80+ million gun owners in America aren't rallying behind him for that point alone.

Because almost half those gun owners are likely solid Democrats, and go around saying how they're "not a one-issue voter," or they "vote their paycheck," or some other thinly-veiled affirmation of support for the government taking control over one or several aspects of people's lives. (When they're not posing as Libertarians on gun forums, so they can attack Republicans from a position of disguise...or just threatening to stay home on election day altogether).

...there would be more than a few people who would vote from them, over your stereotypical democrat candidate that simply makes calls for gun control via, background checks or eliminating private purchases, or using the bully pulpit to "Community Organize" in favor of "Assault Weapon Bans."

FIFY.

I'll give Trump one thing: he certainly does seem to be inside peoples' heads. I cannot remember the last time I've seen so much public hand-wringing and urinating and moaning about one primary candidate, out of a field of 15, and especially coming from so many people who wouldn't vote for any Republican anyway. If you're not a Republican, take two pills and give it a rest, people. "Your" primary ballot is located right next to the one with that big, bad, poopy-fascist rich man's name on it who chaps your azzes so bad. Grab the "other" piece of paper, put that little sticker on your shirt, and move TF on already. That evil little man will go back to his telly show, and you'll get 8 more years of the tried and true. I promise...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom