• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Because almost half those gun owners are likely solid Democrats, and go around saying how they're "not a one-issue voter," or they "vote their paycheck," or some other thinly-veiled affirmation of support for the government taking control over one or several aspects of people's lives. (When they're not posing as Libertarians on gun forums, so they can attack Republicans from a position of disguise...or just threatening to stay home on election day altogether).

FIFY.

I'll give Trump one thing: he certainly does seem to be inside peoples' heads. I cannot remember the last time I've seen so much public hand-wringing and urinating and moaning about one primary candidate, out of a field of 15, and especially coming from so many people who wouldn't vote for any Republican anyway. If you're not a Republican, take two pills and give it a rest, people. "Your" primary ballot is located right next to the one with that big, bad, poopy-fascist rich man's name on it who chaps your azzes so bad. Grab the "other" piece of paper, put that little sticker on your shirt, and move TF on already. That evil little man will go back to his telly show, and you'll get 8 more years of the tried and true. I promise...

Obviously you weren't voting when Wallace was running.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Why would I give my consent to putting anybody into such a ruling position that could accomplish what you describe?

I don't want a lesser evil wielding such power over me - I wouldn't even consent to a heck of a guy being vested with such power to reign over us.

Who are you looking to vote for?

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Because almost half those gun owners are likely solid Democrats, and go around saying how they're "not a one-issue voter," or they "vote their paycheck," or some other thinly-veiled affirmation of support for the government taking control over one or several aspects of people's lives. (When they're not posing as Libertarians on gun forums, so they can attack Republicans from a position of disguise...or just threatening to stay home on election day altogether).

FIFY.

I'll give Trump one thing: he certainly does seem to be inside peoples' heads. I cannot remember the last time I've seen so much public hand-wringing and urinating and moaning about one primary candidate, out of a field of 15, and especially coming from so many people who wouldn't vote for any Republican anyway. If you're not a Republican, take two pills and give it a rest, people. "Your" primary ballot is located right next to the one with that big, bad, poopy-fascist rich man's name on it who chaps your azzes so bad. Grab the "other" piece of paper, put that little sticker on your shirt, and move TF on already. That evil little man will go back to his telly show, and you'll get 8 more years of the tried and true. I promise...

Here is what you have to remember.... In states, like In., where we are NOT card carring R, or D, they, the D, can vot R in the primary, and choose YOUR candidate, for YOU !!!!!

THAT is why I wish, we would become a card carrying state ..... JMHO ..... YMMV .....

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If Obama would have focused on the 2nd Amendment his first term, while he had the whole congress, we wouldn't have a need for a gun owners forum now.

Obama realized that he or his congress would never win reelection on that platform and focused on Obamacare, which ended up losing him both houses of congress and killing his hope of taking our guns.

You proved my point. They didn't even try it with control of the White House, the senate and the house of representatives! We just had a record number of Black Friday gun sales. Nothing has been done even after all the "black gun massacres" and other shootings around the U.S. That said, I'm comfortable with my decision. If Trump is elected, would you feel comfortable with requiring Muslims to carry ID cards and the closing of mosques, as he's suggested? If the Second protects the others, what would you expect Muslims to do if this were to happen?

I will vote for ANY other Republican for President, but Trump will NEVER get my vote. If the powers that be decide to forward him, they will lose and I will not accept blame, just because I didn't join in with the "gun guys" to get the numbers.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    You proved my point. They didn't even try it with control of the White House, the senate and the house of representatives! We just had a record number of Black Friday gun sales. Nothing has been done even after all the "black gun massacres" and other shootings around the U.S. That said, I'm comfortable with my decision. If Trump is elected, would you feel comfortable with requiring Muslims to carry ID cards and the closing of mosques, as he's suggested? If the Second protects the others, what would you expect Muslims to do if this were to happen?

I will vote for ANY other Republican for President, but Trump will NEVER get my vote. If the powers that be decide to forward him, they will lose and I will not accept blame, just because I didn't join in with the "gun guys" to get the numbers.

As long as my guns are safe, truly nothing else matters.
    We didn't win the Revolutionary War with our laws or our rights - because at that time, we didn't have any.
    We won with our guns.

:rockwoot:I am a One-Issue Voter. Because I know you can't have everything.....yet.

BTW - Our Bill of Rights doesn't protect terrorists or our enemies.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    We didn't win the Revolutionary War with our laws or our rights - because at that time, we didn't have any.
    We won with our guns.

:rockwoot:I am a One-Issue Voter. Because I know you can't have everything.....yet.

BTW - Our Bill of Rights doesn't protect terrorists or our enemies.

You replied to the question, but didn't answer the question.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    You replied to the question, but didn't answer the question.

You asked...

If Trump is elected, would you feel comfortable with requiring Muslims to carry ID cards and the closing of mosques, as he's suggested? If the Second protects the others, what would you expect Muslims to do if this were to happen?

He answered...

...Our Bill of Rights doesn't protect terrorists or our enemies.

He made his point pretty clear.

If I assume too much, I apologize.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You proved my point...

I don't think so. Obviously the majority of 2A supporting voters at this time feel the same way.

I don't disagree on a lot of what you say, other than intentionally letting a proclaimed gun control advocate win the white house with my failure to vote against them. But don't worry, the rest of us will carry your water if it comes down to it. ;)

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I don't think so.
    I don't disagree on a lot of what you say, other than intentionally letting a proclaimed gun control advocate win the white house with my failure to vote against them. But don't worry, the rest of us will carry your water if it comes down to it. ;)

Burl, carry my water when it comes down to what exactly?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

Anyone who comes into my country, refuses to assimilate and wants me to cater to their protocols?

Hmm - Maybe they should not be in my country.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Typical, but what about the people born in your country? In what way would you have them assimilate? I'm not really expecting an answer, but I see why Trump is leading the polls.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Typical, but what about the people born in your country? In what way would you have them assimilate? I'm not really expecting an answer, but I see why Trump is leading the polls.

Learn the language, learn the history of the US, and drop the hyphen in front of American...To me it's just common courtesy...In anticipation of a possible visit to my wife's parents country of birth I have been boning up on the language, the politics, food etc....If I was going to live there I would hope to (within a year) be able to pass as a local...To me it's just about respecting other peoples culture.....I know one thing that would be tough for this protestant hillbilly is crossing myself every time I saw something remotely religious...My wife can do that cross on the face Latin style in a heartbeat...Her dad was even quicker....

Not arguing Que...Just providing you an answer as to what one person thinks about a question you had...

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Who are you looking to vote for?

For the position of supreme political ruler of America? Nobody - such a position was never meant to exist.

If that position ever reverts back to a limited function of presiding over the executive branch of the federal government (as designed), I might look at voting for the most suitable candidate to accomplish the job.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    For the position of supreme political ruler of America? Nobody - such a position was never meant to exist.

If that position ever reverts back to a limited function of presiding over the executive branch of the federal government (as designed), I might look at voting for the most suitable candidate to accomplish the job.

Truth...Albeit from a simpler time but a truth never the less...Rep incoming for honesty...

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I don't know who I will vote for until that day comes. I can tell you that if Trump is on that ticket, he gets my vote. Whoever is running against the democrat, gets my vote.

I will not go through another 8 years of worrying about my guns. I lived in CA during the Clinton years and suffered though the CA weapons ban before the rest of the country did. Pure insanity. Never again! :xmad:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    We won with our guns...

You may want to brush up on your history, they were most certainly fighting to defend their rights as Englishmen. They listed several breaches of law among their grievances in the Declaration.

Without holding the moral high ground on these two pillars, they likely never would have secured our freedom/independence with any number of guns.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Learn the language, learn the history of the US, and drop the hyphen in front of American...To me it's just common courtesy...In anticipation of a possible visit to my wife's parents country of birth I have been boning up on the language, the politics, food etc....If I was going to live there I would hope to (within a year) be able to pass as a local...To me it's just about respecting other peoples culture.....

Not arguing Que...Just providing you an answer as to what one person thinks about a question you had...

So, people born in your/his country have to learn the language, history, and drop the hyphen? I posed a question about suggestions by Donald Trump, which would trample on the First Amendment rights of many American citizens. The specific question was not answered, but the typical rhetoric and chest thumping was offered. Now you tell me these Americans need to do these things to be courteous and honor your culture. The average 16-year old American knows NOTHING about history or the language, whether they utilize a hyphen or not. I've not mentioned foreigners anywhere and do not choose to go there, as it has nothing to do with this conversation.

Top Bottom