jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Here's my take on the indictments:

1. Bragg - made up BS felony charges not present under the law in NY. He was right the first time, at best a misdemeanor or 3, which for anyone else would be "fix your papers" or a small fine.

2. Documents - real charges concerning real criminal law over real documents. Trump ignored (and lied to) his lawyers to turn over the documents subpoena'ed, instead he lied and tried to hide the documents, have security video deleted, etc. Every bit as guilty as Hillary - he just didn't have the loyal henchmen she did, nor the intelligence she did to STFU.

3. Jan 6th Fraud case - quite a reach, IMO, and should never have been brought... at least based upon the evidence put forward. IMO, mostly since the impeachment failed, the correct political check/balance, the Biden DoJ is looking for impeachment re-do in court. This is banana-republic stuff.

4. Georgia charges - haven't looked at these yet. If they revolve around threatening prison for GA officials if they didn't come up with fraudulent counts in his favor, then they might have substance. If they are just about the "find 11,780 votes" at the end of a long call where he kept arguing that there were 100's of thousands, then persecution, not prosecution. When I have nothing better to do, I'll take a look. Reading though the transcripts of some of his calls with GA officials, he does appear to threaten them, so that's the only "smoke" I'm aware of... again, haven't really looked.

tl;dr: #2, documents, is real. Trump could have argued (incorrectly IMO) that he had a right to those documents, but did not. Instead he broke the law to hide and lie about them and colluded with others to do so. #1 and #3 are BS. Haven't looked at GA indictments.
    That’s pretty much where I’m at.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Ok.... then I guess you're ok with Donald J Trump to be referred to as Liddle Donnie the Lying Sore Loser by his opponents?

(and I didn't have to focus-group a bunch of others to come up with this one)

The Florida governor and GOP hopeful signaled he wanted an end to his war with the company, saying he’d be willing to talk to CEO Bob Iger
    Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signaled on Monday that he wanted an end to his war with Disney, saying the media giant should drop its lawsuit against the state.
    Yeah, I might buy a used rifle from this frenchman, but I don't believe I'd count on him to fight the good fight to right the ship of state (unless maybe his moneymen told him to)

Wasn't this Disney thing being held up as a signature accomplishment and proof he would actually drain the swamp?

Did anybody read the Op-Ed I posted months ago that said if Ron tried to run to the right of Trump he would lose? Apparently he didn't

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Can you refute it though? Show me where he’s incorrect. What didn’t he look at that he should have? Whose word did he take that he shouldn’t have?
    He does not take into account the big picture, he focuses on 12,000 votes whatever the heck that is. He does not look at the preponderance of the evidence including the FBI and DOJ not investigating anything except witness of peculiar events like the now exonerated truck drivers that said they hauled ballots on election night.

He accepts the left’s propaganda and claims no evidence was presented in court but the courts would not get involved, dismissing most on so called standing, itself a constitutional issue. Because he is butthurt over the unfulfilled promises he now flips the other way. He, like you, is more upset by those that promised to break it open and failed than those that perpetuated the fraud in the first place.

I did learn a tactical lesson from all this, the shotgun approach works very well, it divides the opponent. There were so many irregularities, so many issues from zuckerbucks to bureaucrats issuing edicts on election procedures, not to mention various fraud at local levels and federal interference that the right is divided by them all…

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    "Give Us Barabbas" Seems like I read this story before. You're seriously gonna make that biblical comparison? :rolleyes:
    What is the reason I can’t ? Are you also going to take free speech away or at least decide what I can use or not use to make a point? As a man of faith myself I’ll just turn the other cheek, oooops no offense.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    He does not take into account the big picture, he focuses on 12,000 votes whatever the heck that is. He does not look at the preponderance of the evidence including the FBI and DOJ not investigating anything except witness of peculiar events like the now exonerated truck drivers that said they hauled ballots on election night.
    Quite the opposite... I looked at all of the evidence. I've yet to see a single allegation of substantial vote fraud that has not been thoroughly debunked... and proven to be debunked as evidenced that it was not presented in court... anywhere.

He accepts the left’s propaganda and claims no evidence was presented in court

Not true... I read the lawsuits Trumps lawyers put forth... no evidence of fraudulent votes, swapped suitcases, dead people voting, out of state voters, etc, etc were presented to any court.

Only complaining about rules in effect BEFORE the election after the election... with the proposed solution to throw the election out and start over.

but the courts would not get involved, dismissing most on so called standing, itself a constitutional issue.
    If you believe the rules of the election are unconstitutional, you file suit BEFORE the election... not wait and see if it helps you or not, then file after the election.

And, yes, it was a constitutional issue for states to think they had any standing on a different state's federal election... nope!

Because he is butthurt over the unfulfilled promises he now flips the other way.
    Re-read all of my posts. Trump supported and did more for more of the policies i support than any other President. However, he did not, for example, drain the swamp. He waited until the very end, came up with a good idea, Schedule F, but was 3 1/2 years late... and nothing came out of it. He did build a great deal of the Wall, 4-500 miles of either new wall, or replacing dilapidated wall... I even posted pictures of illegals getting over the old corrugated tin "wall" with step ladders. He did get remain in Mexico in place with Mexico... but Biden axed that day 1.

There are a lot of policies that Trump did a lot on, BUT DID NOT ENACT INTO LAW, because he did not build and sustain coalitions.

I "flip the other way" because Trump attempted be "re-elected" by Pence.

He, like you, is more upset by those that promised to break it open and failed than those that perpetuated the fraud in the first place.
    The Kracken was the fraud... point me to the vote fraud... I still would like to see it. I've looked at any and all allegations put forward and find no "stolen election". Just BS.

I can see if you believe Trump's tweets and socials, his stump speeches, that it seems like there was a lot of fraud. NONE of that appeared as allegations in his court filings... there's a reason.

I did learn a tactical lesson from all this, the shotgun approach works very well, it divides the opponent. There were so many irregularities, so many issues from zuckerbucks to bureaucrats issuing edicts on election procedures, not to mention various fraud at local levels and federal interference that the right is divided by them all…
    Well, I see it as the spaghetti approach... Trump threw everything at the wall and nothing stuck because it was all BS.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    The government clearly is out to get DJT.
    Yep! The concern, the dread, the reality that most don't want to face, is that the three initials could change. Those initials could be any man, you, me. It has been pure political persecution. The government is hunting their political enemies/opponents. The government is silencing those who make claims of the government's actions. The government appears to be fully rogue. This **** is crazy. Wrong. Terrifying. The initials are DJT but they might well be USA.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Quite the opposite... I looked at all of the evidence. I've yet to see a single allegation of substantial vote fraud that has not been thoroughly debunked... and proven to be debunked as evidenced that it was not presented in court... anywhere.

Not true... I read the lawsuits Trumps lawyers put forth... no evidence of fraudulent votes, swapped suitcases, dead people voting, out of state voters, etc, etc were presented to any court. [More than 50 of the 62 total cases brought were dismissed on issues of standing. That means no evidence was allowed to be presented, so it would have been difficult for you to read it]

Only complaining about rules in effect BEFORE the election after the election... with the proposed solution to throw the election out and start over.

If you believe the rules of the election are unconstitutional, you file suit BEFORE the election... not wait and see if it helps you or not, then file after the election.
    [Many of the election rules in dispute were modified within 33 days of the election, just before mail in voting began. This was likely deliberately done to afford a minimal window in which to challenge them but still have the changes in effect before voting officially began. Perhaps you could have gotten it done with your super power of 20/400 hindsight but ordinary lawyers could not ]
    And, yes, it was a constitutional issue for states to think they had any standing on a different state's federal election... nope!

Re-read all of my posts. Trump supported and did more for more of the policies i support than any other President. However, he did not, for example, drain the swamp. He waited until the very end, came up with a good idea, Schedule F, but was 3 1/2 years late... and nothing came out of it. He did build a great deal of the Wall, 4-500 miles of either new wall, or replacing dilapidated wall... I even posted pictures of illegals getting over the old corrugated tin "wall" with step ladders. He did get remain in Mexico in place with Mexico... but Biden axed that day 1.

There are a lot of policies that Trump did a lot on, BUT DID NOT ENACT INTO LAW, because he did not build and sustain coalitions.

I "flip the other way" because Trump attempted be "re-elected" by Pence.

The Kracken was the fraud... point me to the vote fraud... I still would like to see it. I've looked at any and all allegations put forward and find no "stolen election". Just BS.

I can see if you believe Trump's tweets and socials, his stump speeches, that it seems like there was a lot of fraud. NONE of that appeared as allegations in his court filings... there's a reason.

Well, I see it as the spaghetti approach... Trump threw everything at the wall and nothing stuck because it was all BS.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    What is the reason I can’t ? Are you also going to take free speech away or at least decide what I can use or not use to make a point? As a man of faith myself I’ll just turn the other cheek, oooops no offense.
    I've said nothing about taking away your right to free speech. I have every right to give my opinion as well about your analogy of choice. That's all it was.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I agree with the article in that the odds of Trump being convicted of something are pretty significant. That's the whole point in piling on the indictments because it increases the odds of getting at least one conviction out of all of them. It will certainly be a tall order to escape conviction when the deck is stacked against him.
    The old throw all the **** at the wall and hope something sticks.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Probably not before the election.

Well, the angle with SCOTUS could be a lot more nefarious than that.

If the dems have any braincells what so ever, which I highly doubt, their goal at the upper levels is getting the case thrown out by the supreme court. Then they can make their entire campaign and election agenda about the legitimacy of the supreme court and the need to expand it.

This also lets them escape having the optics of Trump campaigning from a prison cell as a political martyr, and lets them keep the propaganda train going against him.

Considering the direction things are heading, I wouldn't put political hail marry plays like this off the table.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Well, the angle with SCOTUS could be a lot more nefarious than that.

If the dems have any braincells what so ever, which I highly doubt, their goal at the upper levels is getting the case thrown out by the supreme court. Then they can make their entire campaign and election agenda about the legitimacy of the supreme court and the need to expand it.

This also lets them escape having the optics of Trump campaigning from a prison cell as a political martyr, and lets them keep the propaganda train going against him.

Considering the direction things are heading, I wouldn't put political hail marry plays like this off the table.
    I still think the "grassy knoll" play is a posibility.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom