• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It's a cool site. It's bookmarked. Hey, perhaps you could use it to prove that Trump actually reduced the swamp. I checked though, unfortunately, fedscope does not have a filter for "swamp critters".
    Scoff at the data compiled by the NYT, hardly a Trump fan. No attempt to reconcile the disparities, gloss over your former definition of what was a swamp dweller and roll with numbers that don't actually prove what you say they do, all while acting as if of course you're right and that's what you've been saying all along. The full jamil

At the risk of giving you the vapors again, for mentioning you and Old Scratch in the same sentence, the Devil is in the details, isn't he

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Unless Trump does it. It will be interesting to see the logic pretzel presented if it happens.
    It's actually pretty straight forward. Burn it down, let's get this party started

If they can frame, arrest and imprison the number one republican candidate for president in 2024 then only a fool would believe DeSantis has the gravitas to fix that or that those same powers would let him

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Scoff at the data compiled by the NYT, hardly a Trump fan. No attempt to reconcile the disparities, gloss over your former definition of what was a swamp dweller and roll with numbers that don't actually prove what you say they do, all while acting as if of course you're right and that's what you've been saying all along. The full jamil

At the risk of giving you the vapors again, for mentioning you and Old Scratch in the same sentence, the Devil is in the details, isn't he
    My definition of swamp dweller stands. The government does not keep records, at least not publicly available, for who is or is not a swamp dweller. There are no disparities to reconcile. The statistics that I posted and you posted are meaningless and cannot prove anything.

So we're probably left with using some facts to deduce what is probably true. Trump is pretty reliably on Trump's own side. Like I've said, he has not bragged about all the swamp critters he fired. He's only bragged about one. That's Comey. And he replace Comey with someone possibly worse.

So, given that there aren't any numbers you can use to prove Trump did drain the swamp, make your case. What action did he take that resulted in less swamp, and what swamp critters were taken out?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's actually pretty straight forward. Burn it down, let's get this party started

If they can frame, arrest and imprison the number one republican candidate for president in 2024 then only a fool would believe DeSantis has the gravitas to fix that or that those same powers would let him
    Dude, ain't nobody fixing this. Trump can't fix this. DeSantis can't either. The people who broke it have too much power. You can win battles, and it doesn't matter. 2016 and the Trump presidency was a speedbump. Best hope we got is that they're sloppy.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel

I don't think they framed him for the documents... Not really sure they framed him for any of it. Some of the charges are crap, but we can't pretend Trump was a boy scout after he lost in 2020.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't think they framed him for the documents... Not really sure they framed him for any of it. Some of the charges are crap, but we can't pretend Trump was a boy scout after he lost in 2020.
    I don't think he was a boy scout. Criminal? I mean that's really pushing it. If Trump committed any crimes that were worthy of indictment, why not investigate and charge sooner? Why wait until he announces he's running 2 years later? He was making noises about running in mid summer 2022. They raided him in August. He announced in November. And now we have steady streams of indictments. I mean. Isn't that really odd? I mean, even Trump's worst hater would see there's a purpose here.

It would be damn hard, given all these indictments, to make a compelling case that this is all organic prosecution. Make the case that all these indictments coming out now have nothing to do with him being a candidate for 2024. Make the case that the timing for trials to start have nothing to do with when in the election season they're scheduled.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    I don't think he was a boy scout. Criminal? I mean that's really pushing it. If Trump committed any crimes that were worthy of indictment, why not investigate and charge sooner? Why wait until he announces he's running 2 years later? He was making noises about running in mid summer 2022. They raided him in August. He announced in November. And now we have steady streams of indictments. I mean. Isn't that really odd? I mean, even Trump's worst hater would see there's a purpose here.

It would be damn hard, given all these indictments, to make a compelling case that this is all organic prosecution. Make the case that all these indictments coming out now have nothing to do with him being a candidate for 2024. Make the case that the timing for trials to start have nothing to do with when in the election season they're scheduled.
    Why not investigate Hunter and Joe Biden in 2017? They had both chambers to do it.

The call with Pence about him being too honest and trying to hold the White House is embarrassing to folks who voted for him. The guy he asked to find enough votes in Georgia was a Republican. Maybe all of the indictments are pointing us to suspect that maybe he's careless and possibly done something out of bounds. As a party, we are not stuck with him; he isn't the only option. We don't have to take the guy who sloppily walked into a year of trials during an election. We have choices; some would argue far better choices.

I don't get why people are so stuck on him.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Maybe all of the indictments are pointing us to suspect that maybe he's careless and possibly done something out of bounds.
    Oh he definitely did something out of bounds, he is the only President not to start a war in my lifetime.

Do not forget many powerful republicans are pizzed that Roe was overturned because they lost the power of the wedge issue…

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The courthouse in Georgia closes at 5:00. Funny how late they've stayed up to make a show of this?

Something to do with the timing of the Hunter/Joe Justice Dept stuff announced Friday? They are running late with the distraction plan?

Interesting how it took two years to get here, eh? 2024 election meddling?

:scratch:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why not investigate Hunter and Joe Biden in 2017? They had both chambers to do it.
    They didn't know any of that **** was going on. It wasn't until the laptop that it was even a possibility that Biden's were selling influence. When Trump tried to get information from Ukraine, they wanted to impeach him for that. People in the DOJ were helping to squash the story even when Trump was president.

The call with Pence about him being too honest and trying to hold the White House is embarrassing to folks who voted for him. The guy he asked to find enough votes in Georgia was a Republican.

I'm not a Trump fan. I'm also not a fan of partisan prosecutions which this is. They don't have a case in GA. To the average Trump hater it makes sense that it means what they want it to mean. I don't think it means that. There were a lot of people disenfranchised. I think he was referring to those votes. I do not think he was asking for votes to be fabricated.

Maybe all of the indictments are pointing us to suspect that maybe he's careless and possibly done something out of bounds. As a party, we are not stuck with him; he isn't the only option. We don't have to take the guy who sloppily walked into a year of trials during an election. We have choices; some would argue far better choices.
    Again, these cases, except perhaps the documents case, aren't as strong as haters want to believe. Why come with weak cases? Again, if he committed criminal acts, why wait until now to investigate/prosecute?
    I don't get why people are so stuck on him.

I don't get why people hate him so much. I don't like him. I think he has helped bring a lot of what's coming down upon himself, in that he gave them the rope to hang himself with. But I don't hate him either.

Make the case that if he weren't running for president, we'd see the same charges being brought with the same timing.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

So why not just do it now and separate the wheat from the chaff?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom