• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    No, Kemp did that all by himself, but since he is protected by MSM as a thorn in America First it is difficult to find the details in todays restricted search engines.

Wait... so now you support the MSM (Atlanta Journal-Constitution is as liberal as you get) in criticizing Kemp for switching away from DOMINION VOTING MACHINES?

You support DOMINION VOTING MACHINES?

Wait while I update my Trump AF (Animal Farm) dictionary... Dominion was bad, because Trump lost... now Kemp wants to switch to EE&S machines... so Dominion in now good?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Wait... so now you support the MSM (Atlanta Journal-Constitution is as liberal as you get) in criticizing Kemp for switching away from DOMINION VOTING MACHINES?

You support DOMINION VOTING MACHINES?

Wait while I update my Trump AF (Animal Farm) dictionary... Dominion was bad, because Trump lost... now Kemp wants to switch to EE&S machines... so Dominion in now good?
    The people want paper ballots that leave a paper trail…

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Then if you are so certain, you should be able to quantify how many people in DC qualify as actual swamp dwellers and cite verifiable information that their numbers did not decline between early 2017 and late 2020

I would be willing to bet you have no idea how many people you are talking about and no verifiable figures on the change in their numbers over time. That is what I am referring to. I'm sure it is deeply satisfying to some to deliver a hit piece of a sound bite like 'the swamp was just as full when Trump left office as when he took office' but do you have any data to back that up? How many government employees exercised decision making authority when Trump was inaugurated? Are there officials with decision making authority who should not be considered swamp dwellers? If so, how many and what is count for actual swamp dwellers.?
    How has this number changed over time?

Where is your evidence to support your opinion? Should not the standards you wish to apply to claims of election fraud at least be the minimum standard for claims of Trump failures as well? Otherwise you are again claiming facts not in evidence

I'm sure I can look forward to citations to support your claims in the near future

Deflection to some postulated flaw in the minutae of my argument as a distraction from ever putting up or shutting up incoming in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...
    What numbers has Trunp used to quantify the swamp? Willing to use your guys numbers.

Waiting for a non numerical answer in 3..2..1

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I would argue the Trump brand is toxic and the GOP outperformed in races where Trump endorsements and campaigning wasn’t a factor. The GOP won the house majority in New York and in California. Those races put them over the top. Again, look at Georgia and compare Governor Kemp, who Trump opposed in the primary and Herschel. Compare statewide races where generic Rs outperformed Trump endorsed candidates. Trump’s house picks did terribly. People in the middle aren’t digging his brand anymore.
    The other problem Trump caused is his stupid rant against early voting. Dems can ballot harvest, rack up votes for months, and the Trump folks wanted to count on Election Day. It’s the absolute dumbest blunder of the last two cycles and now so many people listened to Trump and don’t think the vote counts unless it is on Election Day.
    I expect a swing in Iowa after the debates and after these alternatives get a little more attention.
    Ok look at GA… democrat registration has increased in recent times and Republican registration is going the other way into the negatives. Half of GA republicans always thought abortion and gay marriage was just fine and dandy over the years. Go ahead and put a strong GOP conservative of your choice in there and see what happens. The numbers favor the democrats, and sadly it seems to be spreading.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    And here I thought GA enacted a 6-week abortion ban in 2019.

ETA: And vastly overhauled election laws in 2021.

And that the GOP still controls the GA House 101-79.

And that the GOP still controls the state Senate 33-23.

And won every single state-wide state post election in 2022.

But Trump hand selected Herschel Walker for US Senate and Herschel lost.

Must be the Democrats taking over. :rolleyes:

1692035650942.png

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Maybe Trump Should form and declare 3rd Party now. Have the members of Congess and senators loyal to him renounce the Republican Party and join him.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Maybe Trump Should form and declare 3rd Party now. Have the members of Congess and senators loyal to him renounce the Republican Party and join him.
    Spoken like a RINO that loves him some RINO republicans.

How about making the republican party America First and let the RINO’s go to the dems where they belong…

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I saw that graphic. I think SD4L posted it earlier. I'm going by this:

View attachment 292761

That's full time civilian government workers.

But, at least Trump fired Comey.

You'd think that when challenged on draining the swamp Trump could have thought of all his grand successes at draining the swamp and rattle them off in the interview. He didn't. Why do you suppose that is? He just droned on about the one swamp dweller he actually fired, the one he replaced another just as bad.

Here's the thing. I expressed earlier to another poster my surprise that you guys pick this as a hill to die on. Of Trump's failures, this one is pretty mild. I think it was a task that he had no idea of the scale. I don't think any of us knew the depths of the swamp. And I think he mostly gets a pass on this. What I don't give him a pass on is that he made such a big part of his campaigning, and he can't even admit now that he didn't drain any swamp.

It wouldn't even be worth bringing up, because you could just say, so what? But you can't. You guys are incapable of admitting he failed at anything. And you play these ******** games; you use false equivalences to try to make it about me so you don't have to make a case for Trump actually draining swamp. Make your case dude. What swamp did he drain? How is it that the swamp was intact enough to do this Kraken you believe they did, if Trump drained it?
    I find it revealing that the person who was arguing recently that only people with authority in FedGov were to be considered true scotsmen swamp dwellers, yet now you wish to 'bolster' your argument using figures for total government employees nationwide; so that, say, an NOAA scientific hire in Alaska or Hawaii would be treated the same as an employee of similar GS hired at an agency headquarters in DC. An even at that, overall federal employment during the Trump administation was only up 0.9% annualized and actually declined as a percent of population

Below is another version of the same data with the field narrowed to direct agency employment figures, from the same datasource as yours (FedScope). This is screenshot from the NYT while working around their paywall, which is a PIA

NSFTE.png

Pretty much the same story as SD4L's post. Your posted graph only peripherally addresses the issue under discussion. In light of your former insistence that only federal employees with 'agency' ( :cool: ) count, the attempt at obfuscation just seems like an admission of defeat

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Here's the thing. I expressed earlier to another poster my surprise that you guys pick this as a hill to die on
    No more than I'm surprised at how much dying you're willing to do on the hill of 'the term Anybody But Trump isn't TECHICALLY accurate' (even though it accurately describes your proclivities)

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Spoken like a RINO that loves him some RINO republicans.

How about making the republican party America First and let the RINO’s go to the dems where they belong…
    Since you expressed an interest in me not responding to your posts...if you didn't reply to mine that increases your chances.

As to your post contents? Sounds like the braying of an ass.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm using percent change over the interval as collated by NYT

jamil is using total government employee numbers as collated by an unknown (to me) source. Both presentations use data from FedScope according to the charts, but you knew that.

Perhaps you should access FedScope and access raw data or craft your own charting

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No more than I'm surprised at how much dying you're willing to do on the hill of 'the term Anybody But Trump isn't TECHICALLY accurate' (even though it accurately describes your proclivities)

You have a problem with words apparently. I will vote for Trump before I would vote for several of the people running. That makes your use of “anyone but” retarded regardless of what complexities you add in your attempt to obfuscate your poor reasoning. "Anyone but" means I would literally vote for anyone before I'd vote for Trump. Which clearly does not fit reality. And so you add complexities that don't make it any less retarded. Like OMG, I'm not planning to give the zoomers handies in exchange for their Trump ballot. But, I'm not canvassing for DeSantnis either. My vote is all either of them will get. So what now? How will you save this silly acrynym? What new retarded complexities will
    you add? If I am to die on any hill, it would be the hill where words mean what they mean.

Trump is basically in second place so far, in my hierarchy of candidates. If DeSantis falls out, which it looks like he will, Trump is next in line. Then if Trump is out, maybe a wing and a prayer with Ramaswammy. After that. There's no one left. Time to buy land in Wyoming and dig out an underground bunker.

So it looks to me like ABT only means not putting Trump at the #1 spot. And if that's the case, uh, so? My only objection then would be that you need to find some words that actualy fit ABT to reality, or create another retarded acronym.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm using percent change over the interval as collated by NYT

jamil is using total government employee numbers as collated by an unknown (to me) source. Both presentations use data from FedScope according to the charts, but you knew that.

Perhaps you should access FedScope and access raw data or craft your own charting

It's a cool site. It's bookmarked. Hey, perhaps you could use it to prove that Trump actually reduced the swamp. I checked though, unfortunately, fedscope does not have a filter for "swamp critters".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom