• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I mean, dangerous like a lightening bolt will strike him down? Or dangerous in that he may lose his name it/claim it status :):

Meh, I think he'll be fine in either case.

But. It's a big negative. It's a huge eye-roller. yet another GOP candidate with a god complex.
    When religion and politics travel in the same cart, the riders believe nothing can stand in their way. Their movements become headlong - faster and faster and faster. They put aside all thoughts of obstacles and forget the precipice does not show itself to the man in a blind rush until it's too late.”

― Frank Herbert, Dune

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm not going to sign up to pledge to vote early. I'll just do it. that's how I've done it for the past several years. This looks to me like an email harvesting operation. Sorry. My vote is all you get. They mentioned helping at polling stations. I'd be happy to help with that.
    I agree. Giving them any information will just help them update their list for solicitation of contributions and exponentially increase my junk email

The political equivalent of responding to a solicitation to contribute to your alma mater

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

ALARM GOES OUT: TRUMP COULD WIN. In the past few days, we've seen a number of political analysts come to a momentous conclusion. Actually, two momentous conclusions. The first is that it is unlikely anyone can catch former President Donald Trump in the race for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination. The second is that it is entirely possible Trump, having won the GOP nomination, could go on to win the general election and become President Trump again.

And 'Vote for DeSantis because Trump can't win' takes a couple of fish below the water line

Damage control report TBA

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

And 'Vote for DeSantis because Trump can't win' takes a couple of fish below the water line

Damage control report TBA
    I think the indictments helped propel Trump above where he was when he was several points down to Biden. The even RCP polling now shows Trump could win, barring surprises. But he would need enough points above Biden to overcome the Democrat election apparatus. I like that he's addressed the issue of having to adopt ballot harvesting. That's something that DeSantis was very effective at in FL. They had a top notch ground game and assuming Trump's lead holds out, he would need to do the same. Not in all states though. Just the battle ground states.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Kari Lake wants GOP rival candidates to suspend their campaigns in support of Trump after latest indictment.

"I really believe that those other people running in the Republican race should stand up, speak out in support of President Trump, talk about how this is an injustice unlike we’ve ever seen with our Department of Justice, going after an innocent man," she declared.

"Frankly, they should suspend their campaigns and step behind and support President Trump and the American people so we can save this great country," she added.

• Angry
    Reactions: oze

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Kari Lake wants GOP rival candidates to suspend their campaigns in support of Trump after latest indictment.

"I really believe that those other people running in the Republican race should stand up, speak out in support of President Trump, talk about how this is an injustice unlike we’ve ever seen with our Department of Justice, going after an innocent man," she declared.

"Frankly, they should suspend their campaigns and step behind and support President Trump and the American people so we can save this great country," she added.
    Seems unproductive to stop campaigning for ANY office…

Reactions: KG1

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    If Trump wins I hope he and Congress can come up with a new solution to throw a bunch of former DOJ and FBI people in jail and raid Biden’s and Obama’s house. And Killarys also. Expect all the democrat cities to riot for 4 years and burn and loot in righteous protests. Just don’t bring it to a small town.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    For anyone doubting the intent of Trump's request of then VP Pence, the John Eastman memorandum makes it clear. The intent was "re-elect" Trump on January 6th, not pause the count or any other such excuse.

When Trump said that if Pence did as instructed, "We Win", he meant that literally... that day... not some time later...

1691162915371.png

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    For anyone doubting the intent of Trump's request of then VP Pence, the John Eastman memorandum makes it clear. The intent was "re-elect" Trump on January 6th, not pause the count or any other such excuse.

When Trump said that if Pence did as instructed, "We Win", he meant that literally... that day... not some time later...

View attachment 291004
    This was the way Pence saw it. He called BS on the claim that Eastman was only asking for a pause.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    At this point the best thing to happen to Trump is the Democrat indictments. If he was convicted and jailed he would only gather more support and votes. And I don’t believe any polls that say otherwise.IMG_2843.jpeg

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis

This is long but interesting.

Oh, look…it’s the Kraken. again.

Anybody can write a tweet full of confident proclamations about witch hunts and political weaponization of the courts, but if he’s so convinced the prosecution of Trump is bogus, why doesn’t he put his law license at risk to defend him? The president has a right to a competent defense, and his lawyers aren’t making these types of arguments.

Its almost like a bunch of bluster intended to bring attention to themselves rather than to help Trump win at trial.

Same goes for Alan Dershowitz and judicial watch…if they really believe the stuff they purport to, they need to step up, join Trumps legal team, and put their law license where their mouth is…or they need to STFU…that kind of rhetoric is deeply corrosive to the public trust.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Oh, look…it’s the Kraken. again.

Anybody can write a tweet full of confident proclamations about witch hunts and political weaponization of the courts, but if he’s so convinced the prosecution of Trump is bogus, why doesn’t he put his law license at risk to defend him? The president has a right to a competent defense, and his lawyers aren’t making these types of arguments.

Its almost like a bunch of bluster intended to bring attention to themselves rather than to help Trump win at trial.

Same goes for Alan Dershowitz and judicial watch…if they really believe the stuff they purport to, they need to step up, join Trumps legal team, and put their law license where their mouth is…or they need to STFU…that kind of rhetoric is deeply corrosive to the public trust.
    There is a lot of rhetoric that is deeply corrosive to the public trust. Most of it comes from the Democrats.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    There is a lot of rhetoric that is deeply corrosive to the public trust. Most of it comes from the Democrats.

I bristle at “most”, but I’ll agree that they are just as reliable a source for corrosive rhetoric as their Republican foils.

It just doesn’t seem reasonable to me to expect unbiased rhetoric from any partisan.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom