• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

The two-day Reuters/Ipsos poll, which closed before Trump's late-afternoon court appearance, asked respondents if they would vote for Trump for president next year if he were "convicted of a felony crime by a jury." Among Republicans, 45% said they would not vote for him, more than the 35% who said they would. The rest said they didn't know.

Asked if they would vote for Trump if he were "currently serving time in prison," 52% of Republicans said they would not, compared to 28% who said they would.

And that is Trump's own party, folks... what do you think the "swing" voters are going to do?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Lets face it: the parties are not going to police themselves…not in this day and age. I’m fine with democrats investigating the republicans, and the republicans investigating the democrats…so long as any charges that get filed are grounded in fact and tried in public.
    The problem is not the parties investigating one another, it is that the DOJ & FBI are of one of those parties, that is not independent LE…

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    There is something else at play. As long as the polls hold where the number of voters who will vote for Trump if he's convicted is far less than 50%, I think they're good with Trump's support being what it is. If they can keep people convinced to stick their fingers in their ear about any evidence that Joe Biden sold influence abroad, and that Trump is any more a grifter than Biden, I think they like their chances.
    I agree, but the problem with that approach was always going to be that a conviction must actually be obtained. That is a risk you take - the chance that somehow, you can't get a DC Jury to convict; that there is some "holdout" juror the jury selection process couldn't screen out, who sticks to their guns, generates a re-trial, and pushes the timeline to the right past election day. This low-percentage possibility would allow a Triumphant Trump to shake his fist at a feckless (potential) Kamala Harris democrat candidate, as a vegetative stroke-riddled Joe Biden haplessly lays drooling in a bed, powerless to prevent the nightmare scenario he created with his errant VP pick. It would be an unstoppable Ruth Ginsburg catastrophe which could result in Trump being sworn-in, at which point he controls all the DOJ levers and the democrat machine is flicked "off."

As time went on, I think the democrats finally just realized there's no downside to the indictments as an insurance policy. If you get into a situation where a conviction becomes necessary, ie, Trump is the nominee, Kamala Harris becomes the biggest danger they face. If they succeeded in scaring the GOP away from having Trump as a nominee in the first place, you've won a sort of victory, because in the <20% scenario where Kamala Harris becomes the nominee and loses, you would be losing to someone who by definition does less damage to the democrat agenda. And if Trump is the nominee but is convicted, the GOP now has to pray for a Joe Biden health event and Harris candidacy.

Democrats are left to sweat the "corner-case" where a lone-wolf DC juror prevents Trump from being convicted. They cannot control the possibility of a tax-paying conservative being hidden somewhere in the DC voter rolls. And they cannot control Joe Biden waking up a vegetable some day. I bet there will be no more carefully vetted juror pool in the history of America.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Name calling and hyperbole…exactly what I’ve come to expect from you when faced with an argument you aren’t equipped to address.

Try learning to separate your emotions from your reactions, Mike…it will pay off dividends for you for the rest of your life.
    The truth about your posts hurts, but it is the truth.

Leftists are a scourge to humankind with their communist positions.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    So you admit you will pull the lever for a criminal?

According to your delusional trumper definition of criminal…yes.

But in the real world, only one candidate for 2024 stands accused of crimes…yours.

Do you need a refresher on the definition of hypocrisy, Mike?

Another hypothetical post…

Hypothetical? Did you mean hypocritical? I guess you really do need that refresher.

Dude..the vitriol you have for me is unreal. Relax.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Trump can be convicted of every single indictment. And have no doubt the democrat judges and jury will want to do this. Doesn’t matter, because in appeal it goes to SCOTUS and they would be all overturned. All the charges don’t hold the weight of law. Trump lied! Well nothing he said or did is against the law. Also on another note Doug in Exhile said it’s a great victory for Trump because at trial he can bring in all kinds of witnesses to show how democrats cheated or tried cheating in the election. Not even bringing up ballots but the fact Biden and so many others statements show how they weaponized against a free election. The DOJ and FBI and Mark Zuckerberg would all be called into the trail under oath to testify they threw the election against Trump by saying Hunter laptop was a Russian lie. Which was a lie. The Russian collusion started by Killary and FBI was in fact all a lie that hurt Trump…with all these scandals why wouldn’t he think and believe it was all rigged against him. Maybe get Killary to come in and testify because this is where this is headed and it’s Jack Smith that opened the door!!!!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Trump can be convicted of every single indictment. And have no doubt the democrat judges and jury will want to do this. Doesn’t matter, because in appeal it goes to SCOTUS and they would be all overturned.
    Possibly the biggest question of all this is will SCOTUS make this play out over years and years or will they accept an emergency hearing?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I wouldn't bet the farm that the USSC will automatically overturn anything that came before them. If something is truly unconstitutional or not following the law, they will. They will need a reason to actually overturn a jury verdict though.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I wouldn't bet the farm that the USSC will automatically overturn anything that came before them. If something is truly unconstitutional or not following the law, they will. They will need a reason to actually overturn a jury verdict though.
    So you already have Trump convicted? What the heck does the United States Sentencing Commission have to do with this topic?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So you already have Trump convicted? What the heck does the United States Sentencing Commission have to do with this topic?
    What? I thought he was talking hypothetically. So if Trump was convicted unless it was something constitutional, or lower courts didn’t follow procedure scotus (often abbreviated USSC) would probably not overturn it.

Reactions: KLB

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'll be curious to see what happens when the doj locks him up in federal holding with no communication. It's seems like it's just a matter of when.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'll be curious to see what happens when the doj locks him up in federal holding with no communication. It's seems like it's just a matter of when.
    Trump didn't kill himself!

Too soon?

But seriously, there probably should be multiple, hardwired surveillanvce camera channels to his cellblock and cell, available to viewers continuously, so his personal security can be crowdsourced and continuous

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

Save America PAC started out last year with $105 million, but now it has less than $4 million, according to Federal Election Commission filings released on Monday.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom